[UPDATE] So CJH_ has confirmed to me that someone at BB has said specifically that they will improve upon even 10.2's new implementation of the speed dial system to be the home screen one-button speed dial we know from legacy devices. Before when I read that 10.2 "improved" the speed dial, but it still requires you to be in the phone app, I thought that was the "fix" they've been promising, but if they are indeed going to add this feature back soon after 10.2, then I'll wait for that to happen. *fingers crossed*[/UPDATE]

Seriously, I don't even know what to say, but WHAT THE F????????? Seriously, is this really such a terrible thing to include? Like will it break the phone if this works?? Why do they insist on removing one of the most convenient features a physical keyboard phone can have?? Who the hell makes the decisions at BlackBerry?? I really can't think of a single logical reason why this cannot be implemented. Sorry to sound so hostile, but seriously, is BB10 not capable of doing something so simple or what the hell is it??? Someone please explain to me...
    Last edited by slagman5; 11-02-13 at 12:17 AM.
    10-29-13 02:07 AM
    just around the corner mr clewly said

Posted via CB10
    tempered likes this.
    10-29-13 02:09 AM
    Two click still acceptable
    Open the call page then keep pressing the assigned speed dial letter?
    It is not that bad.
    Using Q10

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 02:12 AM
    Two click still acceptable
    Open the call page then keep pressing the assigned speed dial letter?
    It is not that bad.
    Using Q10

Posted via CB10
    It is not that bad except if I would whip out my Bold 9900 I would be making calls faster than you with your Q10. Even if it's not "by much," please tell me, what kind of an "upgrade" is it to be only slightly slower???
    10-29-13 02:15 AM
    Type call wife and hit enter, a neat workaround.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-29-13 02:16 AM
    What I want is to know WHY is it impossible to implement. Exactly how will it negatively affect the phone if this feature was implemented??
    10-29-13 02:16 AM
    Type call wife and hit enter, a neat workaround.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Hold W and it calls your wife, even better workaround... One hand, no looking...
    10-29-13 02:17 AM
    Why not just press the voice control button and say "call Mr. Belvedere"?
    David in Durham likes this.
    10-29-13 02:41 AM
    Why not just press the voice control button and say "call Mr. Belvedere"?
    Because holding one button is still faster, more accurate, and you don't have to worry if you want everyone and their mothers around you to know who you're calling... I honestly have never used the voice command thing once and never plan to. Same reason why I don't use speakerphone, I don't like broadcasting my activity to everyone, and I don't want to rely on the phone's voice recognition to get things right... It's so silly when you see someone yelling at their phone to do stuff... Like seriously, just press the button, it's much faster and you don't look like an ***** talking to an inanimate object...
    10-29-13 02:46 AM
    I don't get it, BlackBerry removes a super convenient feature OS 7 had, and you guys are making excuses for them... No wonder things don't get fixed... Don't you guys know that people learn more from criticism than from praises?? If there's a feature that the phone is missing, or doesn't do well, stop making excuses for them, let it be known that something isn't right. Otherwise, nothing will improve if all they get are pats on their backs...
    BGRS, revtech, nack and 8 others like this.
    10-29-13 02:50 AM
    I'm as irate as you are about the morons in waterloo having zero comprehension of what is BlackBerry. Speed dialing from the homescreen was the #1 thing I was looking forward to with 10.2. Not to mention application shortcuts.

I swear none of these idiots could have possibly been power users to create bb10. Universal search and "type n go" are CR4P.

TH is enamoured with iPhone and apple. Hes such an ***** I'm at my wits end. Pray to god they announce his dismissal from CEO on the 4th. Take the 55mn and good riddance!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 02:58 AM
    i'm totally with slagman on this...
    amongst my circle, i'm the biggest champion of bb, had every single BOLD ever released...
    and even though two clicks sound easy, it's not the bb that i know !!!
    the 9900 runs rings around the Q10 in so many ways..
    c'mon bb, surely its not that difficult !!
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-29-13 04:27 AM
    I would like to see this homescreen speed dial to be implemented as well. It is convenient and I still find my self doing it before realizing I have to go to the phone app first.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-29-13 04:38 AM
    Somehow I don't see this as a problem at all? Am I crazy?

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1791
    always3rd likes this.
    10-29-13 04:53 AM
    Somehow I don't see this as a problem at all? Am I crazy?

have you used a Bold before? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I think the 9900 is the newer model, not the Q10...
    it's just like buying the next generation ferrari, to find out it comes with square wheels... ok, that's abit exaggerated.... but you know our frustrations....

from an australian Z10...
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-29-13 06:46 AM
    Probably not really so disastrous to justify screaming and swearing, as there are alternative options that make dialling on a Q speedier than on any touchscreen only device.
    However, I think the OP has a point.
    The absence of home screen shortcuts has been one of the omissions of BB10 that was critizized very intensely by most legacy OS lovers. And, it was one of the points that opened the doors for these people to move to a different platform. It was one of the features that made a BB "special".
    So why was that not implemented in 10.2 then? Was it SO difficult to implement?
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    10-29-13 06:58 AM
    have you used a Bold before? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I think the 9900 is the newer model, not the Q10...
    it's just like buying the next generation ferrari, to find out it comes with square wheels... ok, that's abit exaggerated.... but you know our frustrations....

Square wheels Lolol.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    10-29-13 07:01 AM
    Every piece of information saved in the phone is indexed and searchable in two-three clicks with BB10. As it stands what you are asking for is in-implementable!

The universal search function would need a major overhaul for prolonged keypress recognition.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:09 AM
    Every piece of information saved in the phone is indexed and searchable in two-three clicks with BB10. As it stands what you are asking for is in-implementable!

The universal search function would need a major overhaul for prolonged keypress recognition.

Posted via CB10
    Universal search also worked on BBOS. And that was no reason that home screen shortcuts were not supported.
    10-29-13 07:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    long press keys as shortcuts
    short press keys for universal search
    has always been like this.
    c'mon BlackBerry,
    it's really not that difficult...

10-29-13 07:18 AM
    I don't get it, BlackBerry removes a super convenient feature OS 7 had, and you guys are making excuses for them... No wonder things don't get fixed... Don't you guys know that people learn more from criticism than from praises?? If there's a feature that the phone is missing, or doesn't do well, stop making excuses for them, let it be known that something isn't right. Otherwise, nothing will improve if all they get are pats on their backs...
    I'm as irate as you are about the morons in waterloo having zero comprehension of what is BlackBerry. Speed dialing from the homescreen was the #1 thing I was looking forward to with 10.2. Not to mention application shortcuts.

I swear none of these idiots could have possibly been power users to create bb10. Universal search and "type n go" are CR4P.

TH is enamoured with iPhone and apple. Hes such an ***** I'm at my wits end. Pray to god they announce his dismissal from CEO on the 4th. Take the 55mn and good riddance!

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you guys. Sick and tired of BB10 not having feature parity with BBOS6 and BBOS - fed up with all the excuses made by BlackBerry and their fanbois.

As much as I like my Q10, I'm seriously thinking about getting a 9900 cos I miss my 9700.

C'mon BlackBerry, stop sacking staff and male a killer OS!! It won't kill you...
    10-29-13 07:22 AM
    There are many threads about missing speed dial from home screen functionality. And you're totally right! It's a slap in the face of every loyal BlackBerry user, migrating to OS10!

But as usman_hidayat19 already pointed out in post no. 2 of this thread, BlackBerry product manager Michael Clewley announced this feature to be coming soon. Personally, I understood that more as being a promise...

Until then, BlackBerry shouldn't use it's slogan "Getting things done!"...
    Pete The Penguin and slagman5 like this.
    10-29-13 07:25 AM
    There are many threads about missing speed dial from home screen functionality. And you're totally right! It's a slap in the face of every loyal BlackBerry user, migrating to OS10!

But as usman_hidayat19 already pointed out in post no. 2 of this thread, BlackBerry product manager Michael Clewley announced this feature to be coming soon. Personally, I understood that more as being a promise...

Until then, BlackBerry shouldn't use it's slogan "Getting things done!"...
    looking forward to it...
    BlackBerry, make us proud !!!

10-29-13 07:27 AM
    I'm with you guys. Sick and tired of BB10 not having feature parity with BBOS6 and BBOS - fed up with all the excuses made by BlackBerry and their fanbois.

As much as I like my Q10, I'm seriously thinking about getting a 9900 cos I miss my 9700.

C'mon BlackBerry, stop sacking staff and male a killer OS!! It won't kill you...
    I can get a brand-new, white 9900 for 330 GBP... Help...
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-29-13 08:17 AM
    I agree feature parity isn't there, although 10.2 is getting closer, but the tap into phone, and tap onto favorite is too much? If you had an icon chances are 1 in 3 or 4 you're on the wrong tile screen, so there's a swipe or 2, plus a tap, is two taps so bad? Unless you need more then 3 favorites?

10-29-13 08:27 AM
402 123 ...