I am really going to miss the ease of navigation the track pad gives me. I would hope rim keeps the track pad and blackberry keys.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    MTL likes this.
    01-06-13 03:40 PM
    I do not like the look of this keyboard, and I really used the track pad lot.. not sure what to do but at least bold 9900 cam be purchased cheap maybe ill stock pile them!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    MTL and BitPusher2600 like this.
    01-06-13 06:17 PM
    Think about it- the touch screen is a major reason why email is so bad on the iOS. It's just easy to lose track of all the emails, unless there is a good way to scroll through them one by one.
    Sorry what? The iOS email client is bad? Since when?
    01-08-13 06:58 AM
    I'd love to see a BB10 with a track pad. The screen is way too small for a finger to work better for everything, and the trackpad allows one-handed operation
    01-08-13 09:52 AM
    I would like to see arrows on the keypad. That's about the only time I really move to my 9930 trackpad. Those movements could be substituted with directional arrows on the onscreen keyboard
    01-08-13 09:57 AM
    I rely on the trackpad. I even prefer to use it for my PlayBook. I don't know what I'm going to do in future. :/
    01-08-13 12:30 PM
    I do not like the look of this keyboard, and I really used the track pad lot.. not sure what to do but at least bold 9900 cam be purchased cheap maybe ill stock pile them!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I really truly was considering doing the same thing! Picking up at least one or two more anyway when the prices drop, and they will. I love the convenience of the 9900 touchscreen for stuff like zooming in on pages and flipping thru photos or songs in the music player, but for editing while writing, dealing with links on webpages, and a bunch of other stuff, man i'm going to miss the trackpad. Maybe a future BB10 or BB11 device will have one by popular demand, assuming enough of us stick to our guns and don't let RIM be unaware of our stance here.
    01-09-13 12:24 AM
    Seems like it would be possible to add a virtual track pad area to the bottom of the screen.
    01-09-13 11:17 AM
    Maybe, but the magic of the trackpad is that it is 'optical' rather than 'capacitive' - translating movement into input - like a trackball - rather than touch.
    01-09-13 11:41 AM
    Seems like it would be possible to add a virtual track pad area to the bottom of the screen.
    That's a half-baked solution to a problem that never needed to surface.
    01-09-13 12:51 PM
    If the current photos are correct and there is no trackpad then I will migrate to the full touch screen. The trackpad will be misses but in my opinion it goes hand in hand with the physical keyboard.

01-11-13 10:03 AM
    That's a half-baked solution to a problem that never needed to surface.
    I disagree, I think it is the perfect solution- allows us to have our Trackpad and all its advantages while not losing screen area.

The virtual Trackpad should have a clear border and a small area around it that does not react to touch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 03:45 PM
    If the current photos are correct and there is no trackpad then I will migrate to the full touch screen. The trackpad will be misses but in my opinion it goes hand in hand with the physical keyboard.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!

01-14-13 08:44 AM
    I have a feeling that their will be a phone BB10 phone released with keyboard, trackpad and touch. Keep in mind BB is relasing 6 phones. If RIM was smart they could use the centre keyboard buttons. For example using the letters TYGH as a scrolling square and use the T button for clicking. That way you would have more screen real estate, a touch screen and a sneaky track pad all in 1.
    01-16-13 05:36 PM
    I have a feeling that their will be a phone BB10 phone released with keyboard, trackpad and touch. Keep in mind BB is relasing 6 phones. If RIM was smart they could use the centre keyboard buttons. For example using the letters TYGH as a scrolling square and use the T button for clicking. That way you would have more screen real estate, a touch screen and a sneaky track pad all in 1.
    I doubt there will be a track pad, but yeah, that M-Series phone (Milan) is apparently back on the map. If so, I may wait on it.
    01-16-13 06:02 PM
    I doubt there will be a track pad, but yeah, that M-Series phone (Milan) is apparently back on the map. If so, I may wait on it.
    That has been said to have a track pad? I'm not really familiar with it, more info would be great.
    01-16-13 06:18 PM
    I have a feeling that their will be a phone BB10 phone released with keyboard, trackpad and touch. Keep in mind BB is relasing 6 phones.
    The odds are that the trackpad is gone for good, it is additional software they have to deal with, it is another part that could fail mechanically and it leads to inconsistencies with their whole ux concept, so it just doesn't make sense that they would include it on one phone especially with some of the messages they are using to market bb10.
    01-17-13 08:39 AM
    I don't understand why everyone is so upset about not having a track pad.

I will for sure say this . I will never buy a low end blackberry again.
    I use to have a curve 9360 // oh my gosh did that track pad ever SUCK.
    it was constantly shifting around. wobbly. and had terrible sensitivity...
    I must say I love button phones but I hate the track pad and buttons surrounding it...

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who is happy RIM got rid of that bs track pad.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-17-13 10:38 AM
    I don't understand why everyone is so upset about not having a track pad.

I will for sure say this . I will never buy a low end blackberry again.
    I use to have a curve 9360 // oh my gosh did that track pad ever SUCK.
    it was constantly shifting around. wobbly. and had terrible sensitivity...
    I must say I love button phones but I hate the track pad and buttons surrounding it...

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who is happy RIM got rid of that bs track pad.
    You must never have had a Bold.
    01-17-13 01:24 PM
    I'd love to see a BB10 with a track pad. The screen is way too small for a finger to work better for everything, and the trackpad allows one-handed operation
    Strange, I use a handset one-handed all the time. It is a minor thing you adapt to. I have smaller hands, but copy & paste all the time, and I have short hands and thick fingers. Only a closed mind or fear of learning will prevent adaptation.
    01-17-13 01:31 PM
    The space the trackpad used gives you a bit more screen. There are pro/con arguments for both, but the fact is, the trackpad is a redundancy, and is being laid on the ash heap of electronic history. Mourn now, and either cross the bridge or get left behind.
    01-17-13 01:37 PM
    You must never have had a Bold.
    Like I said. . I will NEVER buy a low end bb again.
    But unlike all of you guys I am not biased by previously owning a high end bb.
    So I know this bb qwerty n series is gonna be aweeeeeessssooomeeeee!

And seriously... guys if your all this conflicted I think you should just stay with your old bb 7s :P
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-17-13 09:53 PM
    deleted not relevant
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-19-13 at 04:23 PM.
    01-17-13 11:21 PM
    Sorry what? The iOS email client is bad? Since when?
    That's what I am saying .
    I'm sorry but you people are acting a little crazy here .
    Your all acting like it will be sooo difficult to adapt but it WON'T BE
    01-18-13 10:31 AM
    Trackpads are imporant for copy and pasting which is a primary business purpose when sending and receiving e mail
    Track pads enable you to zoom in on precise areas while web browsing
    Trackpads look sexy when lit up
    Trackpads and touchscreen really is the best of both worlds, I feel like if they stick to touch only it burden the experience but since it's BB10 perhaps it will b better, only time will tell

/end missing the trackpad rant
    01-20-13 10:14 AM
134 ... 3456