Can anyone confirm group texting works with spring on the Q10?

Users are saying sprint is missing visual voicemail on the q10. I left my 9930 on spring because it was missing visual voicemail and group texting entirely. I can get around visual voicemail with google voice, but group texting not working is going to be a deal breaker.

Can anyone with a q10 on sprint try to send/recieve group texts? NOT a mass text, but a text involving a group of say 3-4 people where the conversation is treated seperatly from individual texts to the same people.

thanks
    09-09-13 01:23 PM
    i couldn't get it to work on my verizon Q10 and i was using the 10.2 leak.
    09-09-13 01:35 PM
    i couldn't get it to work on my verizon Q10 and i was using the 10.2 leak.
    thanks for the reply. How long ago "was" that?

Someone just replied on the sprint forum that it works, but they may think it works just because they can send them. I'm waiting to hear back from them with details.
    09-09-13 02:02 PM
    thanks for the reply. How long ago "was" that?

Someone just replied on the sprint forum that it works, but they may think it works just because they can send them. I'm waiting to hear back from them with details.
    Yesterday. I can send a group message but the replys don't come in as a threaded message like a iPhone.
    09-09-13 02:14 PM
    yes, group mms works perfectly on the Q10 with Sprint. I have it, and i can confirm it. What is not there is visual voicemail- which is very annoying, and might be a dealbreaker for me. considering returning mine
    09-12-13 03:54 PM
    if you're having issues with group texting, i've discovered you need to delete each and every individual PAST text message thread of the people in the group chat you are creating now...otherwise the group chat function corrupts and does not work right

transferring old conversations from the old blackberry (i.e. 9930) results in auto MMS error and messes up the group chat function entirely

after deleting the old chats and restarting the group chats, it worked fine on my sprint Q10
    miketedeschi likes this.
    09-12-13 04:20 PM
    yes, group mms works perfectly on the Q10 with Sprint. I have it, and i can confirm it. What is not there is visual voicemail- which is very annoying, and might be a dealbreaker for me. considering returning mine
    I agree that's weak on sprint's part, but there is a work around using google voice integration. voicemails come in as emails instead, and since the contact's name is in the subject of the email, it's basically visual voicemail but almost better since you can listen on the phone AND your computer.

As a bonus, you can also read/send your text messages on your computer in your gmail (YES, from your CELL number). You might not use that feature very often, but it's great when you lose your phone to be able to stay on top of any texts you might receive until your phone is replaced.
    09-13-13 07:22 AM
    I guess you guys forgot that visual voice mail for the BB's on Sprint was a third party app that Sprint was supporting but that company isn't doing it for BB anymore.
    09-13-13 08:01 AM
    I guess you guys forgot that visual voice mail for the BB's on Sprint was a third party app that Sprint was supporting but that company isn't doing it for BB anymore.
    No, I remember that years ago, but Blackberry has native visual voicemail now. All the other providers bothered to make it work on the Q10....
    09-13-13 08:47 AM