For about a week I have had problems both sending and receiving photos via MMS on my Sprint Q10. I have Release 10.1.0.4211 installed and haven't made any OS changes since I got the phone (about a month ago). Sometimes I get the "Download Now" box from other people (which shows nothing when I click it, like most others who had this issue found). Other times I may get a bunch of photos that were sent to me but never received by me to come in at once when I update PRL / update Profile / battery pull. Nothing seems to work consistently and most of the time neither of these works to send/receive the photos. When I try to send a photo via text, whether to a group or individual, I get the gray speaker to show that it's trying, then the red "X" to show that the photo sending failed. SMS is fine and text on MMS/group chat is fine. Just photos.

Today I was on the Sprint.com website and noticed this blurb under Picture Mail features:
    �MMS sending capabilities are available on the following BlackBerry devices: 8130, 8330, 8830, 8530i, 9650 and 9630. To send a picture from any other BlackBerry device, you must send your message to an email address.

Obviously this couldn't have been the case, I've been sending and receiving photos via text and group MMS for weeks. Any suggestions on more things to try to be able to send photos via text. Whatsapp and BBM are fine for the friends that use them. But for those who don't I'd like to just send a photo via text.
    11-05-13 09:17 AM
    Somewhere in your network options, you should have a couple of settings for PRL Update and Profile Update. I do not know where it is on the Q10, but those updates should help to resolve that issue. I've had to do it from time to time on all my Sprint phones to get the best performance.
    11-05-13 01:35 PM
    Found them. They are in Setup -> Self Service... that seems to help, but for some reason the Profile won't always update. It stalls repeatedly most times when I try to update the profile. I got it to work eventually today and now my Q10 is sending pics via MMS ok.
    Super frustrating...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:59 PM
    Found them. They are in Setup -> Self Service... that seems to help, but for some reason the Profile won't always update. It stalls repeatedly most times when I try to update the profile. I got it to work eventually today and now my Q10 is sending pics via MMS ok.
    Super frustrating...

Posted via CB10
    It can get that way. Sometimes I get a network error and have to resort to the age-old battery pull and then run the update.
    11-05-13 08:49 PM