My Q10, started acting funky yesterday, if i tried to restart it, it would shut off fine, but not restart. also if i hooked it up to BB link it was hit and miss as to whether or not the pc would recognize it or not. also the batter would not charge( brand new battery, less than a week old). I figured maybe the OS got a bug. so i used BB Link to do a factory reset. well the reset did not work. my phone can not make any calls(either before or after reset), it won't open any apps at all, no connecting to BB network. no wifi(turn it on in networks, shows on but not connecting). no way to load any accounts(email, facebook etc).

I guess i will have to just face the fact that my phone is completely fried internally software wise, and i will have to find time to get to sprint and get it replaced(probably a week from now due to my work schedule)

I will feel lost without my phone
    07-12-14 02:09 PM
    Why don't you load an autoloader it's easy and faster than link.
    07-12-14 03:46 PM
    tried running an autoloader before i tried link. nothing working either way,.
    07-12-14 03:47 PM
    can you get into it to do a security wipe, then reload the os
    07-12-14 03:52 PM
    can you get into it to do a security wipe, then reload the os
    nope, I got the OS to load, but it won't connect to either WiFi or a mobile network during set up. not to mention when i try and do things in the touch screen it is completely unresponsive,
    07-12-14 04:59 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909209

You could try a sic wipe, I put the link above have a read and see if your comfortable with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 05:12 PM
    SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

You could try a sic wipe, I put the link above have a read and see if your comfortable with it.

Posted via CB10

i would, but i think it i hardware related also because the phone will not power up unless it is either plugged up to my laptop or wall charger
    07-12-14 06:15 PM
    Check to see if your battery is tight, if it's a little loose shove a piece of paper in the top to make it really snug.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 06:29 PM
    did that...no change, and the battery is not even a week old
    07-12-14 06:36 PM
    can you swipe pass all the setup and get to settings, if so you should be able to do a wipe, you dont need wifi or internet for it,
    07-12-14 06:42 PM
    can you swipe pass all the setup and get to settings, if so you should be able to do a wipe, you dont need wifi or internet for it,
    nope. even the touchscreen is rather unresponsive
    07-12-14 07:09 PM
    Sorry man, looks like your going to have to send it back for warranty work,

Posted on CB10
    07-12-14 07:13 PM
    yep, thanks for all your help though, i appreciate it
    07-12-14 07:19 PM
    No problem, just sucks we couldn't get it going.

Posted via CB10
    jerryeight likes this.
    07-12-14 07:26 PM
    No problem, just sucks we couldn't get it going.

Posted via CB10
    agreed. It starts, but won't connect to the BB network or wifi at all. also i can't make any calls out. Hub says it is populating, but does nothing. device monitor won't show anything under the battery tab. I did 2 security wipes, and 2 clean OS installs(Sprints 10.2.1 OS). it started to double type about 3 weeks ago, so i guess it was just time till it gave up the ghost.
    07-13-14 05:02 PM
    I would really give the sic wipe a try, i used it a few times, its pretty quick, once its done the led just blinks , then start your autoloader, worth a shot.
    07-13-14 05:20 PM
    Well 3 multiple security wipes and 2 full restore attempts later and I was able to get my Q10 up and running again. I had to roll it back to a full update from about 4 months ago, and back to Sprints "stock" OS but at least I have a working Q10. Again thanks for all your help and advice. Now to spend all day reloading all of my apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 06:42 AM
    Well 3 multiple security wipes and 2 full restore attempts later and I was able to get my Q10 up and running again. I had to roll it back to a full update from about 4 months ago, and back to Sprints "stock" OS but at least I have a working Q10. Again thanks for all your help and advice. Now to spend all day reloading all of my apps.

Posted via CB10
    Hey good to hear, congrats on getting it back to life,
    Jon Tessler likes this.
    07-15-14 11:25 AM
    It's possible you still may have bad hardware so don't be surprised if it fails again. After working in the cell phone industry, I've seen phones (not just BB) freeze up, reboot, or just suddenly shut down. And it often is just simply defective or damaged (moisture usually).

If you had just recently purchased the device, you may still be able to add insurance. So if it really dies, you can get a replacement for $100 or less.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 02:57 PM
    Hey good to hear, congrats on getting it back to life,
    well it "mostly" works, i cannot connect with wifi no matter what i do, so i have to get that looked at.

It's possible you still may have bad hardware so don't be surprised if it fails again. After working in the cell phone industry, I've seen phones (not just BB) freeze up, reboot, or just suddenly shut down. And it often is just simply defective or damaged (moisture usually).

If you had just recently purchased the device, you may still be able to add insurance. So if it really dies, you can get a replacement for $100 or less.

Posted via CB10
    yeah i am thinking some of my hardware is bad since my phone won't connect to wifi no matter what i try, also when i shut the phone off with the power button, it will not start up when i press the power button after i turn it off, and when i plug it in it acts like the battery is dead even if it is at 100% charge
    Last edited by Jon Tessler; 07-15-14 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added more information
    07-15-14 05:08 PM
    so i finally got to take my Q10 into a sprint repair shop, and they confirmed i need a new phone. well i could either do a claim and pay 75 dollars for a new phone(somehow i don't have insurance) or i can just call Blackberry and replace it under warranty since it is less than a year old. so i know what i am doing on monday LOL.
    07-19-14 09:52 PM