To start, before anyone says anything, I have tried the autoloader process with no success...probably because I am dumb... Now, having said that...

Over the last few months, and, especially, the last few days, I have made MANY phone calls to Sprint and Blackberry in regards to OS update(s) for the Q10, within the Sprint system.

The highlights...

1. My OS is 10.2.1.3023, which is the same as when I purchased the phone in August of 2014. I have rec'd NO updates.

2. According to Blackberry, the latest OS version they have given Sprint for the Q10 is 10.2.1.3358. Why I have not rec'd it is unknown.

3. Blackberry can not, or will not, tell me when a "substantial" update will be available for the Q10, period. Should that ever occur, MY next problem is whether Sprint will do the necessary testing to "bless" it for their system and pass it through to their Blackberry users. This is even more questionable as to ever becoming reality since Sprint no longer sells Blackberrys.

4. I have tried on 5 occasions to get Sprint to unlock my Q10 so I can move my phone to a different service provider that does sell, and SUPPORT, Blackberrys. Unfortunately, all these attempts have failed with disconnected contact, excuses, refusals, etc. The "unlock" code that I have been given, when it has been entered by T-Mobile, it fails.

5. Aside from wanting the improved abilities of the newer OS, I would like to take advantage of the new Apps but can NOT since the majority of them are written for the newer OS.

I am beyond anger with both Sprint and Blackberry.

I hope this info helps others that are struggling with Sprint and/or their Q10, within the Sprint system.
    06-30-15 11:36 AM
    Do you need some help with an autoloader? Is that what you're trying to say??

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 11:47 AM
    I understand your frustration.

2. According to Blackberry, the latest OS version they have given Sprint for the Q10 is 10.2.1.3358. Why I have not rec'd it is unknown.
    Have you tried connecting your phone to a computer, running BlackBerry link on the computer and checking for an update through Link?

3. Blackberry can not, or will not, tell me when a "substantial" update will be available for the Q10, period. Should that ever occur, MY next problem is whether Sprint will do the necessary testing to "bless" it for their system and pass it through to their Blackberry users. This is even more questionable as to ever becoming reality since Sprint no longer sells Blackberrys.
    Right. This is a big issue. Sprint phones are 'branded,' which means the carrier has to okay the update push before BlackBerry sends it out. And if they aren't talking, then OTA updates aren't likely to get pushed.

But here's a sliver of hope (more on this later): BlackBerry 10.3.2 Available NOW in US for All BlackBerry 10 Devices | Inside BlackBerry

4. I have tried on 5 occasions to get Sprint to unlock my Q10 so I can move my phone to a different service provider that does sell, and SUPPORT, Blackberrys. Unfortunately, all these attempts have failed with disconnected contact, excuses, refusals, etc. The "unlock" code that I have been given, when it has been entered by T-Mobile, it fails.
    Despite what individual, misinformed Sprint reps may tell you, Sprint Q10s cannot be unlocked. I won't say all, but a lot of Sprint phones released before 2/2015 just cannot be unlocked.

Now here's something that may get 10.3.2 pushed out: California has a law that requires phones sold in the state to have "kill switches." There are two sets of requirements: one for phones being manufactured on and after 7/2015, and one for phones that were manufactured before 1/2015. The Sprint Q10 likely falls in the latter category. CA's law exempts older (pre-1/15) phones from getting this kill switch update if the phones cannot "reasonably be reengineered" to get the update. And given that 10.3.2 has rolled out to other Q10s, we know that the Q10 can be made to take the an update. Since it's not worth pushing updates to just Californians' phones, AT&T, Verizon and TMO have pushed complying builds out to phones all across the country.

But from what I can tell, there's no deadline for the older phones to get the update--only that they have to get it. So if you are a resident of California, I recommend you call Sprint and ask them when they plan to make their Q10s compliant with SB 962, the "kill switch" bill. Minnesota has such a law too, but I don't know much about it.
    rayporsche and bbnrs like this.
    06-30-15 12:09 PM
    I have tried Blackberry Link and it just tells me I have the most current version. How's bizarre is that?

I have had several conversations with Sprint and Blackberry since starting this thread. Sprint blames Blackberry. Blackberry blames Sprint. Over and Over. No one wants to help me.

I saw the posting about 10.3.2 being available. I have no faith in anything coming from Sprint. They have stonewalled and quoted policy until all I can see is red! I did get the unlock code out of one rep but when T-Mobile used it switch my service, it did not work. When I went back to them, they said all they are obligated to do is provide the unlock code. I even went to a local Sprint corporate store...they refused to do anything...except sell me a new phone. If it does not work, that is my problem. Sprint sucks.

I do not live in California, or Minnesota.

This should not be such a maddening problem.
    07-02-15 02:41 AM
    I have tried Blackberry Link and it just tells me I have the most current version. How's bizarre is that?

I have had several conversations with Sprint and Blackberry since starting this thread. Sprint blames Blackberry. Blackberry blames Sprint. Over and Over. No one wants to help me.

I saw the posting about 10.3.2 being available. I have no faith in anything coming from Sprint. They have stonewalled and quoted policy until all I can see is red! I did get the unlock code out of one rep but when T-Mobile used it switch my service, it did not work. When I went back to them, they said all they are obligated to do is provide the unlock code. I even went to a local Sprint corporate store...they refused to do anything...except sell me a new phone. If it does not work, that is my problem. Sprint sucks.

I do not live in California, or Minnesota.

This should not be such a maddening problem.
    Hi you want to do Autoloader? We can guide you here

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339 | CB Mod
    07-02-15 03:23 AM
    I'd definitely recommend upgrading with an autoloader, I've done many of them on my Sprint Q10 and had no issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 10:05 AM
    I'm thinking of doing this autoloader thing for my Verizon Q10. Where can I find the exact instructions?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:38 PM
    I'm thinking of doing this autoloader thing for my Verizon Q10. Where can I find the exact instructions?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    07-02-15 08:12 PM
    Now here's something that may get 10.3.2 pushed out: California has a law that requires phones sold in the state to have "kill switches." There are two sets of requirements: one for phones being manufactured on and after 7/2015, and one for phones that were manufactured before 1/2015. The Sprint Q10 likely falls in the latter category. CA's law exempts older (pre-1/15) phones from getting this kill switch update if the phones cannot "reasonably be reengineered" to get the update. And given that 10.3.2 has rolled out to other Q10s, we know that the Q10 can be made to take the an update. Since it's not worth pushing updates to just Californians' phones, AT&T, Verizon and TMO have pushed complying builds out to phones all across the country.

But from what I can tell, there's no deadline for the older phones to get the update--only that they have to get it. So if you are a resident of California, I recommend you call Sprint and ask them when they plan to make their Q10s compliant with SB 962, the "kill switch" bill. Minnesota has such a law too, but I don't know much about it.
    What does this "kill switch " do?

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    07-05-15 09:39 AM
    What does this "kill switch " do?
    Once deployed, it has to be able to "render inoperable the essential features, as defined, of the smartphone to an unauthorized user when the smartphone is not in the possession of an authorized user" and has to "be able to withstand a hard reset, as defined, and prevent reactivation of the smartphone on a wireless network except by an authorized user." <--- language from the law.
    07-05-15 10:18 AM
    "kill switches." Have heard of this awhile back. A woman was killed in ?NYC over her cell phone. It did not seem to be problem initiating such a switch to me, but I'm not an engineer. People carry a lot of data in their phone. I thought it a good idea save someone out partying and activating the switch by mistake.The human factor is always the weakest link.
    07-05-15 03:25 PM