Ok, so I have a q10 with 10.2 on it. Since I got 10.2 I'm not sure what's causing it but text for yourself and let me know. Type the following exactly in a text message to someone:

'Now, nothing'

Without the quotes.

And then try typing the word 'or' without the quotes and at the beginning of a new sentence or the start of a text.

What happens to me is 'Now,Nothing' and 'OR'

Why? Why on earth would I want capital 'or' and why does the comma mess up only on very specific word combinations before and after the comma? Is it just my phone? I have learned words turned off, and I don't have some silly word sub programmed into my phone. Since its so specific and capital letter problems I can't use word sub to fix it. I do have autocorrect with space bar turned on, because I like when my 'i before e' is corrected. What's bizarre is the thing with the comma happens right as you type not on a space bar stroke.

Any ideas? I got a blackberry q10 for accurate typing, I don't want people thinking I'm on some touchscreen phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 03:52 PM
    Working as it should here (on my Zed, but that shouldn't matter)... think you need to clear out your autocorrect dictionary, I know you have learned words off, but I would start there. Oh and what 10.2 are you on I'm on 0.1743
    11-08-13 04:01 PM
    Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1791 that's my version. I did clear my learned words (even though yes, it is off). But I don't want to clear all the words I added manually, contractions and such.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 04:07 PM
    Crazy, maybe someone with a similar setup Q can check to see if it is something Q or build OS build specific.
    11-08-13 04:14 PM
    Mine works fine. Only time I had trouble like this is when I made a word sub and didn't uncheck the box with capitalize

10.2 leaked
    11-08-13 04:28 PM
    Yeah but it's words I didn't even put in my dictionary. It just corrects absurd things in a slightly irritating way. Maybe someone will have the same problem. Or perhaps I'll battery pull and check.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 04:53 PM
    Yeah but it's words I didn't even put in my dictionary. It just corrects absurd things in a slightly irritating way. Maybe someone will have the same problem. Or perhaps I'll battery pull and check.

Posted via CB10
    One other thought, it seems to pick things up fro other places in the phone. Maybe a contact from FB, twitter, etc that has something similar in their name? Or maybe a contact with something similar say from Oregon ( OR abbreviation). Just a thought, I have noticed it picks up things that I think I am going to have to correct. I have learning turned on though so I have a slightly different use pattern than you.
    11-08-13 04:56 PM
    Interesting thought. But yeah without learn on, I don't see it. For now I turned on show predictions and turned off correct on space, it works alright I guess. Not as easy, but not too inconvenient.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 04:59 PM