Just read this article, link below, the Q10 and Z10 are going to be released on the same date for U.S. carriers like Verizon. Boy I hope so

BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 to Share Same Release Date in US
    02-22-13 12:55 PM
    Well, please read the first word o the first paragraph ....

"Rumor has it that the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 will share the same release date on the Verizon Wireless network when launch day finally arrives in the US"
    This is juts another rebashing of rumors ...
    02-22-13 04:21 PM
    I don't think it's true.For a market like the US,full-touch is much more popular,so they won't let a keyboard distract the attention on Z10.
    02-22-13 09:24 PM
    I don't think it's true.For a market like the US,full-touch is much more popular,so they won't let a keyboard distract the attention on Z10.
    Lets say this really happens. I don't think it will be bad for consumers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-22-13 09:31 PM
    The article seems to suggest that they have an inside source. If that's true, then they are merely using terms like "rumor" to keep from having to provide their source if they claim they "know" this to be the truth...
    02-22-13 09:32 PM
    Lets say this really happens. I don't think it will be bad for consumers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Yeah,both arrived at the same time is good for consumers,but maybe not the exact result that BlackBerry(RIM) wanted.They want all of us to focus on the Z10.They want to prove they have the ability to make a good full touch device.
    02-23-13 01:19 AM
    The Q10 launch is, even in countries, where the Z10 is already on sales, at least 2-3 months behind, which implies an US launch for both of them for end of may earliest - to wait for the Q10 readiness makes no sense - Blackberry has to rush getting the Z10 into stores...
    02-23-13 01:40 AM
    Yeah,both arrived at the same time is good for consumers,but maybe not the exact result that BlackBerry(RIM) wanted.They want all of us to focus on the Z10.They want to prove they have the ability to make a good full touch device.
    No offense, but I never understood this mentality that they are so desperate to release the Z10 only... I understand they want to break into the market, but if they have BOTH the Z10 and Q10 out at the same time, people who are not interested in qwerty devices will simply ignore the Q10. The Z10 will still be the one noticed in that area. What good will it do to force people who want a qwerty device to buy the Z10, not like it, then complain that they don't like it? Wouldn't it better to have both, so people who want a full touch can get the Z10, love it, praise it, and people who want a qwerty to get the Q10, love it, and praise it??? Either way Blackberry gets the credit for it... Trust me, as long as the Z10 is out by the time the Q10 is, their mission to break into the touchscreen market will be done. The only way that would be compromised is if they ONLY had the Q10 out and the Z10 is delayed...
    02-23-13 04:44 PM
    Haha You would think RIM knew their abc's. They want to release the Z before the Q.. WTF?
    Turnda643 likes this.
    02-23-13 05:34 PM
    perhaps blackberry have been listening to/reading their customers feedback since the product launch and now want to get both devices out sooner rather than later...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-13 06:32 PM
    This whole release has been messed up, but in any case, I think they really should have focused on the q10 first. The screen has almost as much real estate as the iPhone 4s and given the choice I would bet there are quite a few people that would give it a chance and leave apple. Whatever the case, I just want the q10 to be a success.
    02-23-13 08:53 PM
    I would love more than anything for them both to hit the US at the same time. I am torn between the two. Want the Q for the keyboard and the shortcuts that come with it and what i fell in love with BB in the first place. Excited for the Z as it is the chance for BBRY to break into the all touch world with great success. I just want a BB10 device soon.
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    02-23-13 11:34 PM
    No offense, but I never understood this mentality that they are so desperate to release the Z10 only... I understand they want to break into the market, but if they have BOTH the Z10 and Q10 out at the same time, people who are not interested in qwerty devices will simply ignore the Q10. The Z10 will still be the one noticed in that area. What good will it do to force people who want a qwerty device to buy the Z10, not like it, then complain that they don't like it? Wouldn't it better to have both, so people who want a full touch can get the Z10, love it, praise it, and people who want a qwerty to get the Q10, love it, and praise it??? Either way Blackberry gets the credit for it... Trust me, as long as the Z10 is out by the time the Q10 is, their mission to break into the touchscreen market will be done. The only way that would be compromised is if they ONLY had the Q10 out and the Z10 is delayed...
    I agree with you about your analysis.They should have released both devices at the same time.I'm waiting for Q10 and I'll get it ASAP.
    However,BlackBerry does have a different opinion.Obviously,they have decided to release the Q10 after the Z10.There is almost no official news,ads,shows,media reports/previews/hands on,or any other infos about the Q10 since the launch day on Jan 30.And the SDK,Dev Alpha C for Q10 were given out just days ago,so the Apps for Q10 is probably not ready.And the carrier testing is not ready as well.They don't have enough time to release Q10 for mid March in the US.

Anyhow BlackBerry did these things on purpose.They planned to release the Z10 first,and looks like they have their own strategy.
    I guess they might have these thoughts:
    1.They want to show consumers that they do care about this full touch Z10,and its design is native,original,not a modified device from Q10.(you can think of 9860 and 9500 which are said to be not as good as their qwerty relatives)
    2.The OS10 itself is a gesture based Operation System,and BlackBerry have limited manpower,so they focused on Z10,in order to release a new OS10 device ASAP.
    3.BlackBerry is very confident of Z10,including its virtual keyboard so they think that a part of the physical keyboard fans would accept this new device.They release the Z10 earlier,and let this part of keyboard fans try it,without any influence of the Q10 which has a real keyboard.As a matter of fact,some part of those keyboard fans do accept this new device,and they're happy with the Z10 because they don't have to wait a long time for Q10,and they have a much larger screen device than Q10,and the virtual keyboard is still acceptable or even good enough.BlackBerry won a balancing game,and they satisfied these intermidate consumers.

PS:This marketing plan is totally disappointing for the qwerty die hards like me.I'm not happy with this at all.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    02-24-13 10:34 AM