Now im someone who loved the 9981 and used it both in silver and black models. It made sense: a luxury smartphone with a Porsche Design signature unique PIN and cool accessories. The other day I saw this Q10 Special Edition thingy in a white box with gold lining. I thought "Hey they must have come up with something interesting!". Result? Nope! One look at the device close by at the shop and bingo! A rip off. In qatar a Q10 is sold for 2500 riyals which is around 500 euros. The Special Edition is sold for which is 784 euros. So what do you get for nearly 300 euros more on the same phone? Imagine a white Q10 but switch the silver lining on the keyboard and the bezel around the device to gold. Thats it. Not even the BlackBerry logo on the back cover is gold. A unique PIN? Yes thats included but as a device nothing is different. Same UI same looks same stuff. So I ask myself who in what kind of a mindset came up with this unit? Yes arabs love gold and stuff but trust me I know people here who'd rather go buy the archaic tech P9981 instead of a slightly polished "Special Edition" Q10.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:01 PM
    Now im someone who loved the 9981 and used it both in silver and black models. It made sense: a luxury smartphone with a Porsche Design signature unique PIN and cool accessories. The other day I saw this Q10 Special Edition thingy in a white box with gold lining. I thought "Hey they must have come up with something interesting!". Result? Nope! One look at the device close by at the shop and bingo! A rip off. In qatar a Q10 is sold for 2500 riyals which is around 500 euros. The Special Edition is sold for which is 784 euros. So what do you get for nearly 300 euros more on the same phone? Imagine a white Q10 but switch the silver lining on the keyboard and the bezel around the device to gold. Thats it. Not even the BlackBerry logo on the back cover is gold. A unique PIN? Yes thats included but as a device nothing is different. Same UI same looks same stuff. So I ask myself who in what kind of a mindset came up with this unit? Yes arabs love gold and stuff but trust me I know people here who'd rather go buy the archaic tech P9981 instead of a slightly polished "Special Edition" Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Offensive Stereotypes aside, when have special editions ever been anything other than bragging rights? If there were a special edition Zed and I had the cash, I would get it...
    09-13-13 07:06 PM
    The Z10 is getting a Porsche Design version, evidently BBRY is now pushing their all-touch phones to people with money to burn.
    09-13-13 08:00 PM
    The Z10 is getting a Porsche Design version, evidently BBRY is now pushing their all-touch phones to people with money to burn.
    meh...the leaks for the Porsche Design Zed don't look that nice. I would rather have a Gold Edition Z10 like the Q10...

PS, thurask...Loving your Zed's name...Fido! Win!
    09-13-13 08:52 PM
    meh...the leaks for the Porsche Design Zed don't look that nice. I would rather have a Gold Edition Z10 like the Q10...

PS, thurask...Loving your Zed's name...Fido! Win!
    Fido's my carrier...
    09-13-13 10:52 PM
    Remember that the Special Edition that's being sold is not made by the Porsche Design team. It's a completely different product. You can't really compare the P'9981 to the Special Edition Q10 because they are not manufactured and designed by the same company.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-14-13 06:38 AM
    They spray paint their maybachs in some rich Arab countries..... because they can. 300 euros extra for a phone that is just a slight bit different is nothing

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    09-14-13 07:43 AM
    Hey I never tried to compare the 9981 to the SE Q10. Im just saying that its Blackberry's call to release its products into the market and in my opinion they should stick to the PD ones because those guys know what they are doing.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:22 AM
    Fido's my carrier...
    Haha well that's terribly embarrassing! Fido sounds like a pet's name to me. :-P
    09-14-13 03:10 PM
    Haha well that's terribly embarrassing! Fido sounds like a pet's name to me. :-P
    Their ad campaigns have been about dogs for at least a decade now... Mobile phones, plans and more reasons to love Fido | Fido.ca
    09-14-13 04:01 PM
    Their ad campaigns have been about dogs for at least a decade now... Mobile phones, plans and more reasons to love Fido | Fido.ca
    Yeah...I'm in South Africa so none of this ever reaches me...Our providers are Vodacom, MTN, Cell C and 8ta.

Either way, I think I would like a White/Gold edition of the Z30! I'm just tacky that way...
    09-14-13 07:28 PM