How can I use them to navigate to his house? is there a way to enter them in BB Maps?
    09-19-14 04:14 PM
    I have been trying without success, it's proven difficult to nail down the proper syntax, perhaps it is not possible. Unfortunately I found Google Maps to readily accept GPS coordinates. If your willing to run non-native apps then I would suggest that route.

Ruling The Air with my ZED30, 10.3, and Big Red! Simply the Exception.
    09-19-14 08:06 PM
    I have been trying without success, it's proven difficult to nail down the proper syntax, perhaps it is not possible. Unfortunately I found Google Maps to readily accept GPS coordinates. If your willing to run non-native apps then I would suggest that route.

Ruling The Air with my ZED30, 10.3, and Big Red! Simply the Exception.
    yeah I tried that, it worked, but the screen of the Q10 is no good on it, too small cannot even see the login email/password field.

Android apps on a Q10 according to my experience with some of them are a big fail, because of the lower screen resolution, you can't run any apps like it should. Tried my Private Internet Access VPN app, same issue, unable to see the login fields
    09-19-14 08:18 PM
    Why do you want to login on Google maps ? And why bother with the Android app ? Google Maps in your browser works better...
    ultra07 likes this.
    09-19-14 08:28 PM
    How can I use them to navigate to his house? is there a way to enter them in BB Maps?
    potentially weird...imo

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:55 AM
    Can't they just give you their address like normal people do?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:59 AM
    You click request they send you the location on bbm or whatsapp, then it'll be detected by maps

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    09-20-14 01:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Where's the fun in that? ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    09-20-14 01:59 AM
    BB Maps is still one of the very few things I really dislike or even hate about this phone. It is so limited and useless for me, I always end up using a different mapping service

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-20-14 04:50 AM
    BB Maps is still one of the very few things I really dislike or even hate about this phone. It is so limited and useless for me, I always end up using a different mapping service

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    I actually quite like BlackBerry Maps. I sent the location from my phone to my husband's Android and it works well. He uses Google Maps and for some reason it doesn't keep the recent searches nor can he do favorites? I am sure he can upgrade the software but he does not want to pay for apps. Which makes it difficult during trips, cause he won't ask for directions, not even from other phones, lol. BlackBerry Maps on 10.3 has also had some improvements, which I did not notice on 10.2 like Yelp integration. We have some rural areas, and when Tmobile does not fail me, BlackBerry Maps has been reliable.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-20-14 08:53 AM
    Always used the device app. Never failed me, not sure about entering GPS though...however I insert the street address.
    09-20-14 12:31 PM
    The Gaget Box app will let you enter coordinates. Just create a GPS marker in the compass portion of the App and edit the lat and long to the coordinates you want.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    They might live under a bridge?
    09-21-14 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    yes they can but that's not what I asked ok? so don't try to be smart

I surely don't want him to give me an address which is in the middle of nowhere in a sandy neighborhood, then tell me go left, then to the end of the road, then round about go right....then drive 500 m......then take a left......then look for.......bla bla bla bla.......

with GPS coordinates you get there right away with no need to memorize an address or look for any landmarks

Stop living in 1999
    zehkaiser, Djlatino and sk8er_tor like this.
    09-21-14 05:09 PM
    The Gaget Box app will let you enter coordinates. Just create a GPS marker in the compass portion of the App and edit the lat and long to the coordinates you want.

Posted via CB10
    Found this site which lets me convert the Google Maps coordinates to the standard GPS coordinates which I was then able to enter into my Garmin GPS and it got me there right away. Can't rely on a BlackBerry for any app other than communication.

Certainly won't be buying any more BlackBerry's in the future, no wonder this company is going down, crappy apps, the apps on Android and App Store are on a different level of quality. I want a device that allows me to perform the normal daily functions.
    09-21-14 05:13 PM
    Found this site which lets me convert the Google Maps coordinates to the standard GPS coordinates which I was then able to enter into my Garmin GPS and it got me there right away. Can't rely on a BlackBerry for any app other than communication.

Certainly won't be buying any more BlackBerry's in the future, no wonder this company is going down, crappy apps, the apps on Android and App Store are on a different level of quality. I want a device that allows me to perform the normal daily functions.
    Which device are you moving to?

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253
    09-22-14 11:24 AM
    Which device are you moving to?

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253
    Dunno bro, I have owned every BB you could imagine just out of loyalty to BlackBerry and because of the physical keyboard but I guess I have to force myself to adapt to touch screen keyboards.

I feel iPhones are way too expensive for what they offer, maybe an Android like a Galaxy S5 once its released or a Sony XPERIA II

I just one one device that can do all the tasks I need. I don't want to rely on diff. things to achieve what I want to do like in this case, GPS coordinates. Also, with BlackBerry, the VPN software I use (Private Internet Access which allows me to have only 1 subscription but use it on 5 diff. devices simultaneously) doesn't support BlackBerry but they support Android and iOS so tha'ts another negative for m in BlackBerry. The apps just suck plain and simple. If you look at the apps available in the App World, they're a joke and of very low quality. Most with fake reviews as well
    09-22-14 03:04 PM
    Google Maps will give it to you everytime. You can create a shortcut from the website so it will be on you app selection or use Snap and get the android app. I use it everyday without fail.
    Note: just ignore the Google play store prompt.

Someone gave me his GPS coordinates-img_20140922_191834.png

Secret squirrelling with my Q. ?C0001FE5D ?
    09-22-14 06:19 PM
    Google Maps will give it to you everytime. You can create a shortcut from the website so it will be on you app selection or use Snap and get the android app. I use it everyday without fail.
    Note: just ignore the Google play store prompt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140922_191834.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	642.1 KB 
ID:	299680

Secret squirrelling with my Q. ?C0001FE5D ?
    I installed it just fine, that's not my issue, my issue is the Q10 screen is too small for it. It would have been great if RIM did some scaling so that the apps would fit properly on the Q10 screen

You can't even login to Google Maps because the email/password field would be hidden
    09-23-14 03:30 AM
    I installed it just fine, that's not my issue, my issue is the Q10 screen is too small for it. It would have been great if RIM did some scaling so that the apps would fit properly on the Q10 screen

You can't even login to Google Maps because the email/password field would be hidden
    You couldn't log in even if you had a 16:9 screen. Google Maps depends on Google Play Services, and without that it will not log you in.

There are a set of patched Google Play Store and Google Account apk's roaming around these forums somewhere that allows Google Maps to log in. I've been using them and Google Maps, Google Play Music and Google Voice without a hitch.

Posted via CB10
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    09-23-14 05:33 AM
    I have the same problem. Why aren't you just able to enter the coordinates in the address bar????? It seems too easy. BTW, I love the BB maps, except for this one missing feature since BB10 came out - very frustrating it has not been fixed. I most like the fact that the instructions come through my Ford Sync system.
    09-19-15 09:11 AM