I really wonder if our Crackberry authors do thorough tests on some of the apps on BlackBerry World cause some of their recommendations are just not worth the money. I can mention two of the apps that were recommended and turned out to be a waste of money: BeBuzz 10 Pro and Private Suite Pro.

BeBuzz partially worked and then stopped working, I say partially because some of the features didn't work. The reminders never worked at all, the LED worked and then stopped.

Then there is Private Suite Pro, now that is a complete mess. It felt like it was not ready to be submitted to BlackBerry World.

I t would help us greatly if those apps were given a full test before being recommended. Reviews on BlackBerry World only tell half the story in that an app may have been updated and working properly but because it received those reviews before the reviews were completely off the mark.Yes, I have sent my complaints and concerns to the developers.

The above two apps I bought recently and am not only disappointed but am shocked by what CrackBerry recommends.
    Last edited by mod9; 04-28-14 at 06:10 AM.
    04-28-14 05:53 AM
    Same with Tilt, luckily I downloaded as part of the BBW birthday giveaways. It just doesn't work. My home temperature is frozen at 29.3333333C, the news always defaults to Yahoo news, despite the custom settings; for some reason it decides that personal notes are less of a priority than the weather...Very poor execution...

CB10 + my Q2^3+2
    mod9 and Nels like this.
    04-28-14 06:00 AM
    I agree with your assessment of Tilt. Worthless app, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane and vanrickman like this.
    04-28-14 06:14 AM
    Hi mod9.

I just wanted to let you know that the developer behind Privacy Suite Pro has addressed the issues that users found with the application and the new version has been submitted to BlackBerry World for approval.

Below is the email I received from them:

For SMS Issue : Please add the number along with "country code" to the Private list.The best way is to use "Add from SMS" feature.Also,
    please keep the APP open in Active Frame Mode.We will bring the headless version soon.

The numbers in blocked list should be exactly similar to the number that you see when you get a call or SMS including the + sign.

For Private Camera Folder delete issue : There was a bug in the application.We have fixed it now.In a few days you will receive the update notification.Please update the application.This will resolve the bug.In our tests we have found that the photos got deleted but the list was not getting refreshed.For this : Please try going back to Album view and try opening the Camera Album again.The list will be refreshed and the Deleted photos will disappear from the list.

We wanted to inform you that we have fixed the issue with Camera section.Also,we have improved the Private SMS section.To delete SMS from hub and move it to Private SMS List,the contact number should be added with country code.

The new version has been submitted into BlackBerry World for approval.It will be available in a few days.
    04-28-14 09:04 AM
    agreed on tilt, I realize they say its a work in progress, but its really useless in its current state, and the developer hasn't replied to emails asking when additional functionally will come.

Keven and CB editors, how about a review of the app a few months after its release? Certainly there are a few apps who could use an updated review. Especially if there is a lack of development, or lack of communication from the developer.
    04-28-14 10:28 AM

BeBuzz partially worked and then stopped working, I say partially because some of the features didn't work. The reminders never worked at all, the LED worked and then stopped.

I t would help us greatly if those apps were given a full test before being recommended.
    I have BeBuzz Pro on my Q10 and haven't had any problems. Everything I've tried has worked the way it is supposed to. I hope it stays that way... but if you have what I guess to be a fluke problem, you can't blame the review if your phone obviously just isn't working the way it should.

I use the reminders on texts and missed calls and they work fine for me.
    SPNKr and CerveloJohn like this.
    04-28-14 10:42 AM
    agreed on tilt, I realize they say its a work in progress, but its really useless in its current state, and the developer hasn't replied to emails asking when additional functionally will come.

Keven and CB editors, how about a review of the app a few months after its release? Certainly there are a few apps who could use an updated review. Especially if there is a lack of development, or lack of communication from the developer.
    Shocking if it's still work in progress AND the developer is charging a price for it in BBW!...

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    andy957 likes this.
    04-28-14 10:43 AM
    Shocking if it's still work in progress AND the developer is charging a price for it in BBW!...

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    This was the press release for it:
    Pune, India (February 11th, 2013) – Today ReFocus Labs launches Tilt, a contextual assistant app exclusively for BlackBerry® 10 smartphones. It provides customers with information relevant to their context with an adaptive user interface.

Tilt is a contextual app with an adaptive user interface. It manages the user’s news, weather, priority notes, battery stats, calendar and places. The app is built on the proprietary Sidekick Engine, the same contextual backend used in the award-winning app ARKick. It is used to manage the priority of all the users contextual information.

The app features an adaptive user interface based on BlackBerry Sweden’s Tilt UI concept. Based on the phone’s gyroscopic orientation the information is displayed to give a non-obtrusive experience to the user.

“Combining Tilt UI with Sidekick Engine enables us to give the user the right information at the right time so they can focus on the world around them,” said Shashwat Pradhan the co-founder of ReFocus Labs.
    ----

key points for me, "It provides customers with information relevant to their context with an adaptive user interface." completely disagree the app does this, it gives me my location from 30minutes ago, will tell me the temp outside in Fahrenheit, but thinks i want my battery temp in Celsius.. etc, many issues, there's a thread about it actually.

as the app stands now, it should be free, since there is virtually no customization, and the app doesn't do what its description says, " right information at the right time". When they add more functionality they could then charge.

Which is why a review of the app after a little bit of use would be beneficial. The comments on the app reviews are sometimes more accurate then the original review itself.
    04-28-14 10:50 AM
    I agree with your assessment of Tilt. Worthless app, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-28-14 10:58 AM
    To be honest, most app for BB10 are ****, and charges money.

Q10 SQN100-3 PCCW Hong Kong (non-BIS)
    04-28-14 11:02 AM
    Hi mod9.

I just wanted to let you know that the developer behind Privacy Suite Pro has addressed the issues that users found with the application and the new version has been submitted to BlackBerry World for approval.
    Hi Alicia,

May I ask you a question? how do CrackBerry Editors choose apps for review? Do developers contact and you pick one of their apps to review, or you just review what you liked? The reason I ask is that some of reviewed apps are really weird choice according to me. With latest flood of "App for ...", finding a good app become a problem and CrackBerry reviews do not help in this mess ether Thanks
    04-28-14 02:32 PM
    To be honest, most app for BB10 are ****, and charges money.

Q10 SQN100-3 PCCW Hong Kong (non-BIS)
    Well everyone wanted quantity and not quality Welcome to a big-number game.
    04-28-14 02:33 PM
    Since my last post Private Suite has had three updates and it is now in a state where I call it usable and decent. It can still improve further but it pleases me to know that the developers have taken time to read and respond to my concerns and complaints.

BeeBuzz, however, is a hit or miss kind of app, it will function at times and other times it wouldn't. I am even thinking of uninstalling it.
    05-10-14 03:55 AM
    I have BeBuzz Pro on my Q10 and haven't had any problems. Everything I've tried has worked the way it is supposed to. I hope it stays that way... but if you have what I guess to be a fluke problem, you can't blame the review if your phone obviously just isn't working the way it should.

I use the reminders on texts and missed calls and they work fine for me.
    I had BeBuzz 10 pro on my q10 and now z30 with zero issues. Everything works exactly like it should and I would recommend the app to everyone as well

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    05-10-14 04:06 AM
    I had BeBuzz 10 pro on my q10 and now z30 with zero issues. Everything works exactly like it should and I would recommend the app to everyone as well

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    Really strange cause it is isn't quite working as it should on my Q10.
    05-10-14 04:28 AM
    Really strange cause it is isn't quite working as it should on my Q10.
    What's not working?
    Maybe try uninstall, reboot, then reinstall and make sure you get all the permissions right. I don't know what to say but it works good for me.

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-12-14 11:43 AM