I just upgraded from the BB Curve 9360 to the Q10. All is well, but I am becoming a bit irritated that the same apps I used on the Curve are not available on the Q10. For example, Molome is a great app & I love using it....unfortunately it's not available for my device.
    I also used a free Screen Grabber app, which also doesn't seem to exist on the Q10.
    I cannot find ANY of the good photo filter apps such as InstaPhoto, Aviary or PixTrix.
    Is it me, or are these just not available on the Q10 yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-04-13 10:14 AM
    I just upgraded from the BB Curve 9360 to the Q10. All is well, but I am becoming a bit irritated that the same apps I used on the Curve are not available on the Q10. For example, Molome is a great app & I love using it....unfortunately it's not available for my device.
    I also used a free Screen Grabber app, which also doesn't seem to exist on the Q10.
    I cannot find ANY of the good photo filter apps such as InstaPhoto, Aviary or PixTrix.
    Is it me, or are these just not available on the Q10 yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Some apps that were made for BB07 were not made (or have not been made yet, depending on your level of optimism) for BB10. Likewise, some apps made for BB10 will only work on the Z10 if they are programmed only for that screen size.
    10-04-13 10:20 AM
    The Q10, like all BB phones using the new naming scheme, run a completely new OS: BlackBerry10. BB10 was build from scratch and is brand new plattform. Unfortunatly it is not compatible to the old legacy OS, which means apps you used on previous BB devices need to be rewritten too for BB10 by their developers. You can contact the developers via mail or social media and request a state on planned BB10 releases.

Another option would be, if the app is available for Android, to sideload an application. There is a dedicated Android sideloading forum here on Crackberry, with quite some tutorials and people who are really into this stuff. IMO sideloading is, at least in its current form, more of a workaround than it is a solution. However it still can prove bein helpful in filling certain holes you got due to missing apps.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-04-13 11:03 AM
    I'm not really sure, but I belive that screen grabber is a way to take a screenshot. On the q10 just press the volume up and volume down keys simultanely and you will get a screenshot, no matter where you are in the os (any app, menu etc except boot menu).
    You can also find some really nice filters and editing options in the gallery by tapping a photo and then tapping on the button which looks like a pen (the one in the left of the sharing button).

Posted via CB10

Attachment 207683
    10-04-13 01:25 PM
    Many, many, many. So many. Too many.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:05 AM