I have 5 Blackberry 10 mobile phones and all become hot at idle time and battery drain significantly.

After gone through the tips to reduce battery draining in Blackberry 10 OS but which is not really working. Tips usually to reduce light, disable wifi, bluetooth, location etc..

And there is contradicting with other users who said they are not battery drain at all. So there must be certain flaws using battery a lot.

There are two pain points in Blackberry OS. One is application running while minimise and the "Devise Connections".

My two solutions are

1. Disable the application to run when minimize.
    Go to "App Manager" under "Setting". Choose BLUE sentences under "Application permission" and you will see the application list.
    Click each of them and disable "Run When Minimised" under all application if they allow. Few applications fade this function.

2. Disable device connection.
    Go to "Device Connections" under setting. There will be enabled "Allow Connections" and "Use Mobile Network".
    Disable all of them.

My BB10 Mobiles battery usage back to normal after this.
    10-15-17 10:53 PM
    good solution. I can see some improvements.
    From the device monitor I found that the system consumed 3/4 of battery power. What can be the problem with system?
    Last edited by Vishnu narayanan pm; 10-15-17 at 11:23 PM.
    BBchoi and Saw David like this.
    10-15-17 11:09 PM
    The system comsumption usually combination of location, wifi, bluetooth, NFC, device connection etc.
    10-16-17 11:11 PM
    Been testing your solution for second day now, I can also confirm that battery lasts a bit longer! Will know more in a week or so.. thank you David

Posted via CB10
    Saw David likes this.
    10-18-17 11:21 AM
    Thanks Frappedieros, for your confirmation.
    The battery last longer if you don't choose LTE in Network connectivity option.
    LTE drain more battery than normal HSPA+.
    10-20-17 03:06 AM
    I had a crazy battery drain in the past. Device monitor didn't show any app as the culprit, but System and Android Player were sucking up a lot of juice. I suspect there was some app or service that was running as part of System and/or Android Player, so there was no way to disable this "service" directly.

What I then did was: back up my phone, reload the same OS version via the Autoloader, and restore the phone from the backup. I used Link.

After that, phone was back to normal battery usage.

Also, if you have BBC app (android) installed, get rid of it. It was part of my problem. That thing is like a virus, installed some hidden crap that I suspect was calling mother ship all the time.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 04:41 AM
    Some Android apps don't close and will kill your battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 07:17 AM
    Some Android apps don't close and will kill your battery.

Posted via CB10
    It's a good idea to have an Android 'Task Manager' if you are going to use Android apps as it will allow you to actually see what Android apps are running in the background and force them to close if you choose.
    10-20-17 07:33 AM
    It's a good idea to have an Android 'Task Manager' if you are going to use Android apps as it will allow you to actually see what Android apps are running in the background and force them to close if you choose.
    Ghost Commander is great too for force closing apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 08:03 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-25-17 05:15 PM
    .. and avoid android apps.

Posted via my q10
    Saw David and Haivu1945 like this.
    10-26-17 03:27 PM
    Thanks, this help alot

Posted via CB10
    Saw David likes this.
    10-26-17 05:34 PM
    Ghost Commander is great too for force closing apps.

Posted via CB10
    How do you tell in ghost commander which apps are running? And then how do you close?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 05:00 PM
    How do you tell in ghost commander which apps are running? And then how do you close?

Posted via CB10
    Long press the app in the list and select manage.
    11-13-17 05:05 PM
    Long press the app in the list and select manage.
    How can I tell which are running in the background or should I just force stop anything I don't use??

If I restart my phone will I have to do this again?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 09:47 PM
    How can I tell which are running in the background or should I just force stop anything I don't use??

If I restart my phone will I have to do this again?

Posted via CB10
    You just have to go through them one by one. You won't have to do it again unless you open and close the app again.
    11-13-17 09:59 PM
    thank you so much David. I am looking forward to that, let's see what happen.
    05-07-18 12:23 AM
    ...or you can get Keyone/Motion and enjoy 2 days of battery life even under heavy usage. It's a good step forward from Passport and a great leap forward comparing the rest of BB10 phones (in terms of battery life).
    05-07-18 01:54 AM
    .. and avoid android apps.

Posted via my q10
    This.

Send from my Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-20-18 09:01 PM
    ...or you can get Keyone/Motion and enjoy 2 days of battery life even under heavy usage. It's a good step forward from Passport and a great leap forward comparing the rest of BB10 phones (in terms of battery life).
    I have to laugh whenever I see the solution to an OP's issue is "just get a (insert newest, most expensive BB phone currently available).

Wow! So simple. who knew...?

05-20-18 09:08 PM
    Airplane mode can really help. Old SIM cards that gain and lose a signal all day will drain it faster for sure.
    Headphones can help save the battery life aswell.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 02:25 AM
    2. Disable device connection.
    Go to "Device Connections" under setting. There will be enabled "Allow Connections" and "Use Mobile Network".
    Disable all of them.
    Can anyone explain me what this Device Connections means?

I am using Q5, and wondering if I disable those two connections, will I lose functionality of the phone and sending sms, and will I lose possibility to use mobile data for internet or wifi?

If we lose that, what's the point of using phone without that?

Thanks in advance 😉
    05-22-18 02:33 AM
    Can anyone explain me what this Device Connections means?

I am using Q5, and wondering if I disable those two connections, will I lose functionality of the phone and sending sms, and will I lose possibility to use mobile data for internet or wifi?

If we lose that, what's the point of using phone without that?

Thanks in advance 😉
    No, you won't. The device connections here are for connecting your BB to a computer via Blend (not working anymore) and BB link.

I really don't see much of a battery savings by turning this off however. BB10 is very efficient. It's normally an app (most likely an Android one) that drains the battery more than normal

05-22-18 02:44 AM

There are two pain points in Blackberry OS. One is application running while minimise and the "Devise Connections".
    How did you come to this conclusion?

[QUOTE]

My two solutions are

1. Disable the application to run when minimize.
    Go to "App Manager" under "Setting". Choose BLUE sentences under "Application permission" and you will see the application list.

[QUOTE]

Disabling mulit tasking seems a bit extreme.

What Android apps do you have installed?

05-22-18 02:57 AM
    Thanks Haivu1945. Much obliged. I'll try this suggestion any way, just to see if there's any changes.

(•_•)‎
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    05-22-18 03:13 AM
32 12