It seems they are quite similar as far as protecting the front and perimeter of the phone and the hard shell only better at protecting the bottom. Also, the hard shell has a more slippery finish whereas the soft she'll has better grip. I'm trying to see a real advantage of the hard shell. Any observations I've missed?
    08-21-13 02:27 AM
    Had both. Kept the hardshell instead. Has better protection and actually stays on. Eventually the soft shell got loose on the sides and I had to sell it.
    08-21-13 02:29 AM
    Get the hard shell.

I had the soft shell one and it just got loose immediately, when I'd be holding it with my index fingers on the top right and left corners, it would start to slip off.

Hard shell one fits perfectly and doesn't ever fall off.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:06 AM
    I actually prefer the soft shell. I have had the generic Verizon one for several months. It is still snug. It is also translucent so you can see the back door design through it.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:14 AM
    It seems they are quite similar as far as protecting the front and perimeter of the phone and the hard shell only better at protecting the bottom. Also, the hard shell has a more slippery finish whereas the soft she'll has better grip. I'm trying to see a real advantage of the hard shell. Any observations I've missed?

The oem hard shell is better as the fit is a bit tighter. over the past few months of using the soft shell case it loosened to the point where it can easily be pulled off now with normal usage. I use the hard shell with the leather holster and they both work great together.
    08-21-13 10:22 AM
    Got the hard shell and note that it's not tight fitting in the lower left corner i.e. the sides are tight enough but when pressing the lower keys the device moves in the lower corner of the case.
    08-23-13 01:19 AM
    I use the case holster combo from Verizon and it works great! I have used these on all of my phones and no damage so far when dropped.
    08-23-13 05:53 AM
    agreed at first the oem soft shell seemed to be a great product. However it does loosen to the point where its easy to pop off afte a few months usage. I switched to the hardshell and I think it fits bettera actually and more tight. I also use it with a oem leather holster and fits excellent. I recommend the hardshell and the leather holster.
    08-23-13 06:36 AM
    Got the hard shell and note that it's not tight fitting in the lower left corner i.e. the sides are tight enough but when pressing the lower keys the device moves in the lower corner of the case.
    That's what I worried about as well but mine is tight all around!

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    08-23-13 12:35 PM
    Since I use the soft shell for a few weeks, I would choose the hard shell now. Like all others mentioned before, the soft shell get looser every day. I think I gonna get the hard shell any time soon.
    09-13-13 02:38 PM