Hey guys,

My Q10 arrives in a few days (Eeeeeeeeee exciting!!) which means it will be time to lay my Samsung to rest.

However I have a Gear 2 Neo I had been using, which will now be going to the boyfriend (a sufferer of the recent 'Kreyos Meteor' unpleasantness).

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a decent Smartwatch that works with the Q10, or indeed, any Blackberry? What have your experiences been?
    09-08-14 08:29 AM
    I would like to invest in one eventually as well. Hope someone has some ideas for you.

Also check the forums Connectedly. They have lots of info on smartwatches.
    Melliejoy likes this.
    09-08-14 08:32 AM
    Pretty sure most people use the pebble watches with BlackBerry.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-08-14 09:36 AM
    Very weird, I was asking myself the same question just this morning! Will wait for the crackberres to answer with their great knowledge!
    09-08-14 12:58 PM
    Definetly pebble, been using it for quite a while not and works like a charm. Has Its Own apps in blackberry World.

Posted via CB10
    Melliejoy likes this.
    09-09-14 03:14 AM
    While I don't own one, I also read a lot about Pebble working best with BlackBerry.
    09-10-14 06:06 AM
    My Crackberry orange Pebble works like a charm. The Pebble APK is actually really fluid on my Z10 and integrates well with the watch. However when I'm not wanting to download watch faces and apps I typically use Talk2Watch.

I've not read any threads about it, but I'm assuming that Android Wear works with BB10 as I believe you only require the APK. I'm craving the Moto 360, so many need to try it!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:34 PM
    My Crackberry orange Pebble works like a charm. The Pebble APK is actually really fluid on my Z10 and integrates well with the watch. However when I'm not wanting to download watch faces and apps I typically use Talk2Watch.

I've not read any threads about it, but I'm assuming that Android Wear works with BB10 as I believe you only require the APK. I'm craving the Moto 360, so many need to try it!

Posted via CB10
    Where can u go to find out more about iWatches with the Z10? My son just got my Z10 and is saving towards a smartwatch. He kept saying over and over how cool the phone is.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-10-14 06:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you on the Moto 360. Man that thing looks good!

If there was a way to get it to work with my Q10, I'd order one now.
    09-10-14 07:46 PM
    Pebble's great. The only downside is there is no caller-id displayed. This is coming. Other social and messaging notifications also are not yet supported.

Check out talk2watch pro which is a pretty nice app for using pebble with BB10.

Most of the limitations on functionality apparently due to BlackBerry holding back access to certain functions in the OS or dev tools.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 09:49 PM
    While I don't own one, I also read a lot about Pebble working best with BlackBerry.
    It's the only option for BlackBerry currently

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    Melliejoy likes this.
    09-10-14 09:54 PM
    I suddenly got the urge to Pebble.
    Melliejoy likes this.
    09-11-14 12:19 AM
    I'm coming down off the Gear 2 Neo... So while the Pebble looks lovely I'm drooling over the Moto 360. Unfortunately the internet doesn't seem to know for sure if it will work with Blackberry. Would Talk2Watch handle it?
    09-15-14 11:09 PM
    I was thinking to get Moto 360 for my hubby since he has Nexus 5. Then test how things work with my Q same time.
    I was told while some features work with BlackBerry, in order to get full value, you have to have Android phone. Because you need Google Services.
    So I'm not getting one now.
    What!? But my hubby has Nexus 5, so he shouldn't have a problem? Well, being thoughtful husband, he said he doesn't want it (if wife can't share it).
    No, he would prefer wait for Moto 360 2nd generation.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:49 PM
    Fair enough. It's a beautiful watch. Perhaps the Pebble is the safest option. Sucks that it doesn't have an inbuilt heart-rate monitor though. Sad Panda
    09-15-14 11:54 PM
    If BlackBerry came out with one, I would buy one even though I haven't worn a watch in 30 years. Only because it's a BlackBerry!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Melliejoy and kazakoshi like this.
    09-16-14 12:03 AM
    I was considering getting a pebble watch until I read the Crackberry article that BlackBerry is supposed to working on a smart watch themselves.

Hopefully, they come out with a product soon, and I would have a BlackBerry 10 native support with a smart watch.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-16-14 02:08 AM
    I was considering getting a pebble watch until I read the Crackberry article that BlackBerry is supposed to working on a smart watch themselves.
    They don't. Read better
    There is a good article on Connectedly about Smartwatches : http://m.connectedly.com/smartwatch-...ide?nopaging=1
    Forget about the Moto 360 which can't last one day of charge (Ok, software update can correct that, a little... but come on!). If you like round screen, wait for the LG G Watch R reviews... I like this one !
    But my number one stays the Pebble Steel in black
    Last edited by Joshu42; 10-18-14 at 02:36 PM.
    Melliejoy and zocster like this.
    09-16-14 04:43 AM
    ..and call it Bewotch.
    09-16-14 05:17 AM
    If BlackBerry came out with one, I would buy one even though I haven't worn a watch in 30 years. Only because it's a BlackBerry!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    I still wouldn't buy it honestly, if I would really spend 300 bucks for a watch, I'd rather be getting a nice automatic watch from a known brand than getting some sort of smartwatch. I just don't get the whole concept plus usually a watch lasts me for years: I am 31 years old and owned four watches in my life so far. I fear when getting sucked up to the smartwatch stuff it ends up the same as with phones: Having the urge to upgrade every 12 to 24 months because the next model has just been released and it's newer and more shiny then my last one. So far I haven't had the urge to "upgrade" my Junkers watch.

But to each their own, for all BlackBerry fans and users out there, I wish we would either get an official smartwatch or get some kind of cooperation with an existing smartwatch company. Yes, I am thinking about something like a "Pebble - BlackBerry Edition" with official software support, similar to the Porsche Design - BlackBerry cooperation.
    However I think BB first needs to make sure where they are heading. The last thing we know is they are targeting enterprise and their prosumers, I don't know how a smartwatch would fit in there. I actually think creating a new Playbook might make more sense for that target audience than creating a smartwatch.

On the other side BBRY might,get it's food into that door of a new emerging consumer market. If they can score a hit with a BBRY smartwatch, brand awareness might rise and more people might reconsider in getting also a BlackBerry phone next time.
    09-16-14 06:04 AM
    Where can u go to find out more about iWatches with the Z10? My son just got my Z10 and is saving towards a smartwatch. He kept saying over and over how cool the phone is.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Well the apple watch (not iwatch) won't ever work with a BlackBerry but just look up some reviews!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 08:59 AM
    Yeah I'm looking at the Pebble Steel and the Gear S...
    09-16-14 09:17 AM
    wish for Smartwatch & Activity Tracker for or compatible w Blackberry. is the future for the Internet of Things mobile or software ???
    09-17-14 03:21 PM