My Q10, brand new out of the box, takes 15 seconds to send one sms, even on short conversations. Tried changing to packet swtiched but it doesn't work with T-Mobile (only circuit switched).

THE FIX: If you save a text message as a draft and then send out, it works immediately!

Also, sometimes if you tap to enter into a text message conversation, it will take 5 seconds or more before you can read it. It's as though the entire text messaging portion of the hub is not working properly.

Does anyone else have any experience with this issue? I've read of people changing out their phones to no avail. That said, I did use the data migration feature and my previous texts are in the Q10. Could this be causing the problem? My previous Bold 9900, with the same data and far reduced specs, never had this issue
    06-17-13 08:32 PM
    This sounds like a carrier issue not a device issue. I am on Verizon and all of mine go right through.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:43 PM
    Right, however with the same carrier and my old Blackberry, no issues. Further, the text isn't stuck trying to send for 15 seconds. Let me explain: typing the message and then sending it reveals NOTHING on the screen! Only after 15+ seconds does the message appear, and then it sends out immediately. It's as though it's stuck in the software trying to get pushed out.

It's not a provider issue.
    06-17-13 09:02 PM
    Have you tried to reset your device yet! If that's the case I would call T-mobile to see if they can fix or swap the device out.
    I am super surprised I don't have a lot of issues with mine usually a new device let alone a totally new operating system will be full of bugs.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 09:13 PM
    Do you mean to reset to factory defaults? Are you suggesting I back up all my data, reset, and restore data, then test?
    o4liberty likes this.
    06-17-13 09:24 PM
    I lost use of my maps and the only way to recover was a factory reset! I was on the phone with blackberry tech support and the factory reset was their final attempt to get my maps working again. These phones are like computers they need resetting once in a while.
    Look at android devices its like a daily task to keep them running.
    08-18-13 09:40 PM
    This issue of blaming the carrier is ridiculous. If you can save it as a draft and then it will send immediately means its strictly an OS issue. I'm moving to Samsung, the lack any friggin support from BB is ridiculous. They keep cutting staff and still expect people to support an inferior product is a joke.
    08-25-13 04:38 AM