When I downloaded this app it worked fine via mobile or WiFi Internet. I have no idea how but now it connects to my sip account via WiFi only, via mobile Internet it does not connect. I cannot recall that I have done something wrong to cause this. Can someone help?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876 White
    03-19-16 06:49 PM
    When I downloaded this app it worked fine via mobile or WiFi Internet. I have no idea how but now it connects to my sip account via WiFi only, via mobile Internet it does not connect. I cannot recall that I have done something wrong to cause this. Can someone help?

Can any application use your cellular data?

Disable your wifi and restart the sip client and see if it registers with your provider.
    If it registers have someone call you and see if that works.
    Also make an outbound call to see if that works.

Let us know the results of those tests.
    03-19-16 07:28 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Other apps connect to mob Internet: email, viber, instagram... I have tried to restart connections but without success.

03-20-16 03:05 AM
    Thanks for your reply. Other apps connect to mob Internet: email, viber, instagram... I have tried to restart connections but without success.

Let me try to state this more clearly.
    Disable Wifi, to make sure the only data path is through the cellular network and then try your tests.
    Make sure the data path over cellular works by using your browser.
    If the browser works then try your sip client.
    Maybe that is what you have done, but it is not clear from your report what you have done.

It is possible that you carrier has blocked ports the prevent sip from working.
    What country are you in and what carrier are you using?
    Also what Internet telephony service are you connecting to?
    03-20-16 11:42 AM
    When q is connected to WiFi only sip.fm registers my account. When q is connected to mobile Internet only sip.fm does not register my account. All other apps connect to the internet, via WiFi or via mobile Internet, including Web browser. sip.fm worked for a few days normally and I haven't done any manual changes to app itself. I have no reason to believe that provider blocks voip because I have used voip on my previous lumia 1020 with another app for two years and my data plan is large enough. I hope this was more clear from my side.

03-20-16 02:53 PM
    When q is connected to WiFi only sip.fm registers my account. When q is connected to mobile Internet only sip.fm does not register my account. All other apps connect to the internet, via WiFi or via mobile Internet, including Web browser. sip.fm worked for a few days normally and I haven't done any manual changes to app itself. I have no reason to believe that provider blocks voip because I have used voip on my previous lumia 1020 with another app for two years and my data plan is large enough. I hope this was more clear from my side.

Two possible things to try.
    Not sure what options sip.fm exposes but if possible change the local port that sip binds to, if there is an option for random pick that.
    If your provider and client both support tls you could try getting that to work on wifi and then testing it on cellular data.

Your carrier could have decided recently to block ports.
    You did not tell me who your carrier is or what provider you use so I not going to worry about it.
    03-20-16 03:04 PM
    I have deleted the app, reinstalled it aaaaandd: it works!

Seems there is a bit of windows in BlackBerry world lol

In any case thanks for trying to help.

anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-20-16 04:05 PM
    I have deleted the app, reinstalled it aaaaandd: it works!

Seems there is a bit of windows in BlackBerry world lol

In any case thanks for trying to help.

Actually that's a fault of bb10.
    03-20-16 04:13 PM
    What provider are you guys using for sip.fm to be able to work? I tried connecting it to my magicjack service so i dont have to use the magicapp which isnt that great and i cant get it to work.
    12-21-21 08:18 PM