Disclaimer: I live and work in a big city, commuting between clients mostly by subway, and working a better part of my day off wi-fi networks, so cellular data is always on, and lots of searching for mobile networks, in and out.

Had been using my Cute Anne for around nine months, always seeking longer battery time. It felt like a losing battle, as I found myself tied to walls around the middle of each work day. Slight improvements didn't solve it.

Then I switched to 2G mobile data. No more battery worries. Long days, and around 30 percent left at the end of most of them.

I did realize this would render pure web browsing useless; indeed it is. However I only need it two or three times a day while off wi-fi, so I can tolerate changing the setting and run on 4G for several minutes.

All the messaging, from email to BBM to Facebook works just as fast for me.
    hlg8888 and lift like this.
    09-11-14 01:04 AM
    Just have it on 3G which has decent browsing speeds and good battery life.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 05:54 AM
    Yeah, this was a very useful tip for legacy devices too. However for my Z30, there has been this odd problem. I only seem to get the Data on 2G&3G&4G and 3G&4G mode. Any other setting would be in lower case. I have tried many radios and leaks, it seems to be giving the same result.

I had a Z10 (STL100-1) it did not have 4G mode, so was unable to test.
    09-11-14 05:59 AM
    Yeah, this was a very useful tip for legacy devices too. However for my Z30, there has been this odd problem. I only seem to get the Data on 2G&3G&4G and 3G&4G mode. Any other setting would be in lower case. I have tried many radios and leaks, it seems to be giving the same result.

I had a Z10 (STL100-1) it did not have 4G mode, so was unable to test.
    Happened to me too: sometimes just switching this setting is not enough (rarely): I then turn the radio off and on again, and it works.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    09-11-14 09:06 AM
    It works...in my place most of the carriers don't have 3G also(strange as it may sound). The mobile network on 2G is good enough for me and gives me a lot of extra battery. Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 05:09 PM
    I'd love to turn off 4g but there is no option for me. If I switch from my Verizon cdma network to gsm there are 2g and 3g options but never connect to anything. Anyone know of an app that would let you toggle this? It seems like turning off 4g should be a standard feature.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 08:38 PM
    I find that my Q10's battery lasts much longer on a stable 4G connection. My carrier has strong 4G in metropolitan areas, but it drops to much slower 3G in plenty of suburbs I pass through in my travels. When I'm hanging in a city, and my phone manages to stay on 4G, my battery lasts forever.
    Dmitry Kisselyov likes this.
    09-11-14 08:54 PM
    I too am starting to do this. I can deal with the slow internet speeds cuz for bbm and emails its no biggie. When I do need to browse, I switch on 3G (unfortunately H+ is the best we get here). It has helped me to get full day worth of batt life.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 11:36 PM
    I too am starting to do this. I can deal with the slow internet speeds cuz for bbm and emails its no biggie. When I do need to browse, I switch on 3G (unfortunately H+ is the best we get here). It has helped me to get full day worth of batt life.

Posted via CB10
    I find this to be the case with all my devices. Even with my Note 3, I always use 2G all day, and my Note 3 goes the distance. Whenever I need to browse, I switch to 3G or 4G.

Ironically, my Note 3 lasts longer on 2G than on wifi.

It has been the same case with my Q10. I keep it on 2G all day to maintain my push email. For emaail and social chat, 2G is well capable already. Just forget browsing on 2G.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 03:51 AM