Greetings fellow CrackBerrians (or is it CrackBerryians?)
    Anywhos.. I have a Z10 that I bought on eBay for s&gs to mess around with leaked OSes, etc... Well, I loved the official OS10.2 version so I installed it through Sachesi on my Q10 from AT&T. After working out some kinks, it seems to be running pretty well... my only beefs so far are:

1. Text message theme is selectable as light or dark but never switches to dark (previously stated in the forums) and
    2. That the Q10 doesn't have a 'simple password' feature

While I know having a physical keyboard makes entering a password not as cumbersome, it would be nice to get some sort of simple password feature on a future iteration of BB10. Has anyone noticed this functionality on a OS 10.2.1 leak?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
    11-07-13 10:28 AM
    We have the simple password on the 10.2 version software on the Z10.
    It is very handy.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    11-07-13 10:53 AM
    It is very handy.
    I agree....hopefully it is coming to a future iteration of BB10 for Q10.
    11-07-13 11:29 AM
    I'd love simple password for the Q10.
    11-07-13 12:15 PM
    perhaps I'm in the minority , but hitting 4 key strokes and enter seems pretty fast on the Q10. I would argue faster than any touch screen due to tactile feedback. But, perhaps a suggestion for that option to blackberry would be beneficial.
    11-07-13 12:24 PM
    perhaps I'm in the minority , but hitting 4 key strokes and enter seems pretty fast on the Q10. I would argue faster than any touch screen due to tactile feedback. But, perhaps a suggestion for that option to blackberry would be beneficial.
    If your password is 4 digit numeric, it truly is only 4 strokes on my Z10 with simple password...
    On my Q10, that same password is 8 strokes. Not a tremendous amount of extra time but still would be nice to have the simple password option.
    11-07-13 01:40 PM
    How does a keyboard turn 4 strokes into 8? I don't use a numeric password. I use the 4 letters on the keyboard that correspond with the year of my birth (example, 1912 would be wcwe). I just tap the 4 keys and hit enter. That's not 8 strokes, it's 5.
    11-07-13 02:17 PM
    How does a keyboard turn 4 strokes into 8? I don't use a numeric password. I use the 4 letters on the keyboard that correspond with the year of my birth (example, 1912 would be wcwe). I just tap the 4 keys and hit enter. That's not 8 strokes, it's 5.
    That makes unlocking with Link a bit of an annoyance. The problem is that I often need two hands to type in my password.

It would be nice to have the option, as other BB10 phones do.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    11-07-13 02:23 PM
    Alt+the corresponding key = 2 keystrokes per number. I like your idea of using a crosswalk (ie wczd=1975), but it would still be nice if BBRY baked in simple password functionality into a future version of BB10 for the Q10.
    11-07-13 02:56 PM
    It is very handy.
    Pin:2AF98872

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:33 PM
    Just use 4 letters...

Some of you are drowning in a glass of water.

Posted via CB10
    butterbean1983 likes this.
    11-07-13 03:35 PM
    You are a little late as someone suggested that earlier. Thanks for the feedback though..

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:28 PM
    You are a little late as someone suggested that earlier. Thanks for the feedback though..

Posted via CB10
    Then what is it that you're finding so difficult? You have a hardware keyboard. Why is it so difficult for you to type in 4 letters corresponding to 4 numbers and using it as a simple password?
    11-07-13 09:41 PM
    Now seriously I find it very unfair that just because we have a keyboard it means it's automatically "easier" to unlock the device.

Actually this is false.
    It is difficult especially if you are attempting one handed use.
    To stretch down to the keyboard then back up all the way to ok, is fustrating. I really do hope BlackBerry decided to bring this simple password feature to the Q10. For such a simple feature I am feeling robbed that they didn't bring it to Q10's too.

PLEASE BlackBerry! Give Q10 users a simple password too ;(

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:51 PM
    A software keyboard is easier to type one-handed.
    11-07-13 09:52 PM
    Then what is it that you're finding so difficult? You have a hardware keyboard. Why is it so difficult for you to type in 4 letters corresponding to 4 numbers and using it as a simple password?
    Its the fact that sure it is possible to do, but once again I say how is it fair to automatically assume just cause we have the keyboard means we're not allowed to complain? I actually feel punching four numbers on the touch screen WOULD be easier for two reasons

1) Numbers are larger
    2) The "OK" button is much closer.
    (As oppose to stretching to the numbers on the keyboard then either stretching to the screen "ok" or the keyboard "enter")

This is such a simple thing, and I plan to say something in the future if it's not brought to the Q10. We have a touch screen for a reason. Give us all the features!!! Stop telling us to accept the keyboard and deal with it. I have a touch screen and I want to use it!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:56 PM
    I had Z10 on loan, so I got used to a numeric password. Now on my Q10, I did what a previous poster said and use the corresponding letters. You get used to using the letters on Link too.

Having said that, how hard would it be to put a virtual number pad on the Q password screen? It would help in the morning when I'm still groggy trying to turn off SleepBot.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:22 PM
    Now seriously I find it very unfair that just because we have a keyboard it means it's automatically "easier" to unlock the device.

Actually this is false.
    It is difficult especially if you are attempting one handed use.
    To stretch down to the keyboard then back up all the way to ok, is fustrating. I really do hope BlackBerry decided to bring this simple password feature to the Q10. For such a simple feature I am feeling robbed that they didn't bring it to Q10's too.

PLEASE BlackBerry! Give Q10 users a simple password too ;(

Posted via CB10
    Use the enter key... You have a physical keyboard, use it!

Edit: You're drowning yourself in a glass of water, seriously. It's like you're complaining for the sake of complaining. 4 letters and enter, you're done. Sounds like a simple password to anyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:27 PM
    I never said I was finding anything difficult, I just hadn't thought of using the shortened text code that would correspond to the numeric code. Plus, I wasn't making a big deal out of it, just stating it would be nice to have on the Q10 as I love the feature on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 08:41 AM
    this feature needs to be included in future updates for the qwerty phones . It's not fair to include it on one phone and not the others.

it's actually so easy to program it into an update and yet they haven't and I'm not impressed.

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-08-15 11:19 AM