I just bought my girlfriend a q10, she's been on the torch for a while.

By the time we finish work it'll be late. No time to get a new microsim.

So how difficult is it to cut a standard into micro?
    06-14-13 06:12 PM
    You should find a template if you google "microsim cutting template". Cutting a SIM is *usually* possible, but it is not something to be rushed after a long day working. There's no margin for error, and you probably need a new SIM anyway if you want 4G/LTE support. I think in the situation you describe I would setup the phone on WiFi when you get home, and get a ready made network supported microsim tomorrow.
    agp101 likes this.
    06-14-13 06:33 PM
    You should find a template if you google "microsim cutting template". Cutting a SIM is *usually* possible, but it is not something to be rushed after a long day working. There's no margin for error, and you probably need a new SIM anyway if you want 4G/LTE support. I think in the situation you describe I would setup the phone on WiFi when you get home, and get a ready made network supported microsim tomorrow.
    Yeah, what this guy said. This template has worked for me before:
    http://www.airportal.de/nanosim/How_...o_Nano_SIM.pdf

One thing though. There actually is a margin for error, but that margin is quite small. Keep a nail filer on hand, it's definitely going to come in handy because it's better for you to cut less with the scissors before, and size down with the filer than cut too small with the scissors and end up having a loose, useless SIM.
    06-14-13 09:19 PM
    It takes some precision work, and your current sim probably doesn't have any LTE compatibility. My bets would be a useless sim card afterward as it is not just a simple cut unless you are a perfectionist. Much harder than it sounds.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:40 PM
    Regular sim cards are a tiny bit thicker than microSD cards. I would advise against cutting your sim; if the tray pops off it is not covered by warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:37 AM
    Exactly I agree with this! Most scenarios if you've never done this before great chance the sim will be damaged.
    Network sim cards can be purchased practically anywhere and then update your sim on your account online. It should only take a few minutes or less.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    06-16-13 12:51 PM