Does anyone know how to fix this? I put my Q10 on either silent or vibration only before meetings but very often when I get a hub notification or text I still get the alert at normal volume! It's especially annoying as I set up a few custom ones so I can ID sender that are more than just a beep. Sometimes even phone calls still ring. It's done this since 10.2 and now on 10.3.2.440.

Is there a way to actually have it stay quiet and not embarrass me?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 03:26 PM
    Maybe, you enabled Meeting Mode in the Calendar settings and forgot to set the Meeting Mode Profile accordingly.

But really, you have to update your phone OS...
    10-16-15 03:48 PM
    There are more settings inside email and text notifications, make sure you silent all of them, not just the one in quick settings

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    10-16-15 03:50 PM
    So what's the point of the quick setting for silent if it does nothing? Both of my previous smartphones had ONE spot to quickly stop ALL audible signals. I didn't set meeting mode because I was naive enough to think that silent was silence... having to go into multiple menus every time I needed to have uninterrupted minutes with a client or being able to keep my phone ON in case of an important issue but still be able to see a movie or attend services is part of why I started using smartphones in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 05:43 PM
    Also, does anyone know why my Z10 sometimes Vibrates in silent mode when I use word input on the VKB?
    10-16-15 06:08 PM
    So what's the point of the quick setting for silent if it does nothing? Both of my previous smartphones had ONE spot to quickly stop ALL audible signals.
    The Notifications quick setting can enable the Silent Notification Profile. You don't have to set/unset the other profiles... Check if you change something there, or set the default option by taping the big blue ball at the bottom. That's work perfectly fine...

The issue, if there is one, is your outdated OS version.

P.S: You can also set as you wish the "Meeting" notification profile and enable the option in the calendar settings. By doing so, you won't have to touch your phone. The Meeting Mode will be enabled during all your meetings.

P.P.S: Last but not least, you can even use the Advanced Interaction "Flip to Mute", if you forget to set your phone to silent or have a meeting planned in your calendar.
    10-16-15 07:45 PM
    Found this out too!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 11:58 PM
    The "Do Not Disturb" profile suppresses all audio notifications.
    10-17-15 12:28 AM
    Also, does anyone know why my Z10 sometimes Vibrates in silent mode when I use word input on the VKB?
    You've turned on 'vibrate on correction'?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 01:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    I thought my Q10 was just being random! Over the last few months I'll be either texting or making a post on Crackberry when I don't have a typo, just trying to send a text. But I'm Willing to look to see if vibrate on corrections was turned on after the update.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 02:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I was starting to think it was a Bug.
    10-18-15 06:37 AM
    I just looked for it, where IS the setting for vibrate on correct? I never enabled it since I didn't know it existed. I just started having my Q10 do this during texting or some of the time here. I looked at CB settings & didn't see it.

Just my $.02, YMMV! ;-) via my Q10
    10-20-15 02:47 PM
    I just looked for it, where IS the setting for vibrate on correct? I never enabled it since I didn't know it existed. I just started having my Q10 do this during texting or some of the time here. I looked at CB settings & didn't see it.

Just my $.02, YMMV! ;-) via my Q10
    Settings - language and input - feedback - vibrate on correct

btw. extra tip since I saw it in your text above. Is is often corrected as IS. You can prevent this by adding is as "is" in wordsubstitution.

Settings - language and input - prediction and correction - word substitution
    10-21-15 08:24 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I've never tried word substitution. But in THIS case <G> I capitalized deliberately for emphasis. However I still appreciate how people here not only try to help with the problem you posted but (as you did) try to be helpful to a perceived issue as well! CB has a great bunch of users!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    10-22-15 12:11 PM
    Also in Settings> notifications > tap on silent > customize app notifications

See if something is turned on there overriding the silent mode profile.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    10-23-15 11:15 AM
    Tex, I looked at the customization for silent for all apps. Currently set up with all notifications on, sound & vibrate off. I tried turning the LED off for some apps but the usual culprits are either the text app or the phone app. If I turned them to off for all notification it seems like I'd never know someone was trying to reach me until the next time I happen to use my phone for something. Since it says sound is off in the silent and vibrate only mode I'm at a loss. Do I have a defective device? While not frequent, I HAVE been embarrassed by having my Q10 loudly inform me of a text and I've had to scramble to quickly silence it when my normal ringtone (varies by contact) announces a call.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    10-28-15 05:22 PM
    The only other thing I can think of is for silent all my notifications are off except for the lock screen instant previews. Even the led notification.

Note: this is only for silent mode, if I go back to normal all my notifications come back.

Good luck. Also stupid question but have you tried a reboot by holding down the volume up and volume down keys until "blackberry" is displayed?

Silent mode ISN'T !-img_20151029_105814.png

Posted from my awesome Q10
    10-29-15 01:03 PM
    If Do not Disturb does not work try Customize notifications for a contact
    Notifications that you customize for contacts override the notification settings for profiles and apps. For example, if sound is turned on for phone notifications for a contact but the sound is turned off for the phone, the phone still rings when the contact calls you.
    On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap image Settings > Notifications.
    At the bottom of the Notifications screen, tap Contact Notifications.
    Tap The Add icon.
    Tap a contact.
    Do any of the following:
    Tap Phone Calls.
    Tap Email Messages.
    Tap BBM.
    Tap Text Messages.
    Tap Other Messaging, which includes apps such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more.
    Do one of the following:
    Turn off the All Notifications switch.
    Change the Sound, Ringtone, Vibrate, LED, or Instant Previews settings.
    Note: If you set any of the drop-down lists to Profile Setting, the sound, tone, vibrate, or LED settings reflect what is set in the active profile. If you make any changes to the drop-down lists, these changes override the settings in the active profile.

Contacts that you set customized notifications for are listed on the Contact Notifications screen.

Doing one contact and hitting the back button saves it. The Do not Disturb should work after this. Don't know why.
    11-22-15 10:44 PM