I downloaded SIdeSwype, primarily to front load YELP, which I did but YELP won't work with BBY maps, so there goes that, although a couple people seem to have side-loaded a version of YELP (and I guess Google Maps?), but that's not the point of my post. SideSwype requires a VPN connection. That's seems fine for the few times (one time so far in my case) when I have wanted to load an Android app...but despite the fact that disconnect SideSype many times daily from the VPN, it always seems to reconnect to the VPN.

Is this harmless and irrelevant, or is this connection taxing my battery while it's connected and otherwise using system resources?

The developer of SideSwype is very nice and says he is going to create a customized way to load and utilize YELP on my Q10, which I guess is a work in progress. In the meantime...the VPN connection continues to pop up multiple times a day, despite disconnecting it every time.

Can someone please explain what is going on and the implications thereof?
    10-17-13 10:28 AM
    We are working on getting you an answer
    10-19-13 12:09 AM
    Why not just disable auto-connect and never worry about it? Realistically, leaving it on and having it connect whenever it wants is going to impact your battery, it's usage that would not normally be occurring. It's also why there is power optimization settings for VPN that you can enable and disable as you wish. You can find all of these things under the VPN Profiles and Settings.
    10-19-13 12:22 AM
    Why not just disable auto-connect and never worry about it? Realistically, leaving it on and having it connect whenever it wants is going to impact your battery, it's usage that would not normally be occurring. It's also why there is power optimization settings for VPN that you can enable and disable as you wish. You can find all of these things under the VPN Profiles and Settings.
    Thanks, Bla1ze. You beat me to it.
    10-19-13 01:21 AM
    That would do it, although curious about whether having it on is a use of battery or resources. Seems like it would be.

So, where is the auto-connect on/off switch for the VPN or the this program...I guess i'll do some snooping. Thanx.

Go Sox.
    10-19-13 08:19 AM
    Well, there doesn't really seem to be a specific "auto-connect" on/off switch for the VPN.

So, within VPN On-Off Settings, I first turned off "Connect Over Mobile Network" and under "VPN Profile," I toggled and switched from SideSwype to None.
    10-19-13 08:41 AM