I finally installed 10.2 on my Q10 with android runtime and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The mean reason I installed it actually was because of Pocket Trains. I just need to play it. And it coudn't work any better. Here are some screens:

Attachment 211583

Sideloaded Android apps for Q10 thread-img_00000003.png

So did you guys sideloaded any Android apps which really works well on the Q10? I am looking forward to some great other titles for the Q10!
    Attached Thumbnails Sideloaded Android apps for Q10 thread-img_00000002.png  
    wxmancanada likes this.
    10-18-13 09:05 AM
    Will you be creating a list of working apps?
    10-18-13 09:09 PM
    That could be a good idea actually. With input from others users we could make a list especially for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 12:55 PM
    Just curious to know... Android runtime... Is it an "automatic" ability to run Android Apps? Or a sort of program/App to run another App? Or do we still need a sort of conversion via sideload as Bar-file? Only sideloaded Kindle for Playbook, using a step by step hint. Not so familiar with leaks and sideloading... Still waiting for official 10.2, did not get the leaked version, although it is said the leaked 102.x.1767 is the official MR!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    10-19-13 01:08 PM
    Just curious to know... Android runtime... Is it an "automatic" ability to run Android Apps? Or a sort of program/App to run another App? Or do we still need a sort of conversion via sideload as Bar-file?
    It's automatic in a way that it doesn't require you to run an actual app to enable it. The runtime is part of the OS and once you load the application it will just work - you don't have to do anything else.

When it comes to the actual aplikactions, you can't use the actual .apk files in which Android apps come. You need to convert the apk into a bar file. There are several tools for this, lots of them online (just google "apk to bar"). When you have the bar file the sideloading procedure is the same as the one you did for playbook (probaby even simpler).

I'm using a Chrome extension for sideloading, it works very well.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    anischab likes this.
    10-19-13 05:47 PM
    Jep, the Google Chrome extension is really simple. Just click on instal and voila

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 06:01 PM
    It's automatic in a way that it doesn't require you to run an actual app to enable it. The runtime is part of the OS and once you load the application it will just work - you don't have to do anything else.

When it comes to the actual aplikactions, you can't use the actual .apk files in which Android apps come. You need to convert the apk into a bar file. There are several tools for this, lots of them online (just google "apk to bar"). When you have the bar file the sideloading procedure is the same as the one you did for playbook (probaby even simpler).

I'm using a Chrome extension for sideloading, it works very well.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    Tanks, understood!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    10-19-13 11:04 PM