The Q10 looks pretty darn ready for me
    I was always hesitant between the Q10 and Z10 but now I'm finally decided. I will go one more round with the physicial keyboard and then next year make the switch to the rumored Aristo as Thorsten himself said it will take the BB10 experience on a whole new level.

Hint: You won't need to carry your ipod to do some light gaming

03-26-13 04:33 PM
    Ooh, Cyrillic hardware keyboard - haven't seen one of those on a Blackberry yet.
    03-26-13 04:57 PM
    need thissssss
    03-26-13 05:00 PM
    Now, if only we can find someone to translate !
    03-26-13 05:12 PM
    I wish there was an option to make the menus and text smaller so you can fit more onto the screen like the older BBOS. Some of the icons/text are way too big and take up valuable real estate.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-26-13 05:47 PM
    I wish there was an option to make the menus and text smaller so you can fit more onto the screen like the older BBOS. Some of the icons/text are way too big and take up valuable real estate.
    Yeah, icons along the bottom are too big.

Did anyone notice the use of Google Maps in the Navigation app?!?! Now that is the most exciting part!
    03-26-13 07:06 PM
    That was awesome. It's almost unreal to see a game like that on a QWERTY device. Even though I could not understand anything (except gigabyte!), that vid is really tempting me. The browser looks awesome. The flow too. This has stirred my chitlins.

Please BB - put on those keyboard shortcuts. Please!

I'll take one in white please.... And on Verizon.... Tomorrow is fine, or the next day.

Why oh why do we have to wait soooooo long! Arrggghhhhaahhh!!!

Whew. OK. Back to waiting...
    Omnitech and jon4400 like this.
    03-26-13 07:51 PM
    This has stirred my chitlins.

I hereby award you the "most chuckle-worthy phrase of the day" award. Congratulations.
    Eric Shapiro and mountainman like this.
    03-26-13 08:06 PM
    Wish he had demoed the keyboard a little!
    03-26-13 08:25 PM
    Wish he had demoed the keyboard a little!
    I agree. I just wanna see the thumbs move like worker bees lol. I'm so ready to come back to a qwerty
    03-26-13 08:41 PM
    I am quite happy seeing the swipe up from the bezel be so much more responsive in this video!
    03-27-13 01:02 AM
    The Q10 looks pretty darn ready for me
    I was always hesitant between the Q10 and Z10 but now I'm finally decided. I will go one more round with the physicial keyboard and then next year make the switch to the rumored Aristo as Thorsten himself said it will take the BB10 experience on a whole new level.

It's gonna be one sweet device, that's for sure

*at 46 sec. I'm pretty sure he says "Google, find me vodka" hahaha
    03-27-13 01:07 AM
    ...it will take the BB10 experience on a whole new level.

Hint: You won't need to carry your Blackberry to do some light texting and calling

Damm - another video with swiping and gaming but no ideas of keyboard shortcut usage and the phone part of the Q10... ;-(

Chris
    Savior4Life likes this.
    03-27-13 02:52 AM
    Most devs in Canada started to receive their Dev Alpha C this week, so in the coming days we should have an overall review of their experience with the keyboard if it's not too different from the production model.

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-dev-alpha-unboxing/
    03-27-13 06:53 AM
    The Dev Alpha C has a very "loose" keypad, as in it takes very little pressure to press, compared to my past BlackBerrys (8700, 9300, 9700, 9360, 9800). I'm not sure how it compares to the 9900.
    I do find it very easy to type on, because of the width mostly I think.

Side note : my wife who gave up on the Z10 after two days took one look at my Dev Alpha C, held it, and told me that's her next phone.

Posted via CB10
    jon4400 and jimmyjyc like this.
    03-27-13 07:30 AM
    I want to ask about the video. Is it demoing the camera? If not I just won't watch. Low bandwidth.
    03-27-13 08:50 AM
    This reminds me again that if you have ever owned a Hasselblad or a Rolleiflex, the square screen just looks right.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    03-27-13 12:47 PM
    I've see-sawed between Z and Q over and over again.

But that screen is lovely, and if the 9700 screen size was sufficient for me, I'm sure the Q will be even better. If I want to play games on the go, I'll get a real device to do it (GBA/DS/PSP etc)

Yeahhhh... I'm back in the Q camp for a while! Nice vid OP.
    jon4400 likes this.
    03-27-13 01:06 PM
    The Dev Alpha C has a very "loose" keypad, as in it takes very little pressure to press, compared to my past BlackBerrys (8700, 9300, 9700, 9360, 9800). I'm not sure how it compares to the 9900.
    I do find it very easy to type on, because of the width mostly I think.

Side note : my wife who gave up on the Z10 after two days took one look at my Dev Alpha C, held it, and told me that's her next phone.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think that the dev alpha C is gonna be better than the Q?

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 3G - Sprint
    03-27-13 01:29 PM
    Do you think that the dev alpha C is gonna be better than the Q?

The Dev Alpha C is built using lowest cost materials and you can tell. I would expect the Q10 to be better. But in any case, the typing experience in terms of key size and spacing is excellent IMO.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 01:58 PM
    The Dev Alpha C is built using lowest cost materials and you can tell. I would expect the Q10 to be better. But in any case, the typing experience in terms of key size and spacing is excellent IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Oh nice! so its gonna be the lower end model. Didn't want to use my upgrade on the Q if the C was gonna be its predecessor.

03-27-13 02:10 PM
    Oh nice! so its gonna be the lower end model. Didn't want to use my upgrade on the Q if the C was gonna be its predecessor.

In case it wasn't clear, the Dev alpha C is a non production model for developers only. Its only reason for existence is for devs to test apps, and does not fit anywhere in the product line at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:46 PM

Huh? The Dev C is never going to be forsale in stores.. its a developer model, sent out to app developers to make apps and content and other testing..

They also had the Dev A and B models for the Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:48 PM
    Oh ok! I was under the impression this was a device or the prototype of a future device. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up for me guys!

03-27-13 03:19 PM
    It looks beautiful, but I still going to get the Z10 that big screen sold me!
    03-27-13 03:26 PM
34 12