To rnd:

I have used that link that you shared to enter my pin, uptime, and app version. When I enter the version from the help me! screen, it says that it is invalid. I type in "10.1.0.2038".

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:27 PM
    You as well clearly do not have this device... Furthermore, turning data services off will certainly shut off your LTE connection, and your 3G and 2G capabilities as well you'll have no data connection
    You're right. I don't have it yet. Just going by what I saw on a live Z10 on display. I assumed they both have the same settings. So you can or can not shut off 4G in settings on the Z10? This could be a determining factor between the Q and the Z when I make my purchase.

The post that suggested turning off data services seemed to imply that would just turn off data but the radio signal for calls would remain active further explaining that having data services "on" enables you to access data at the same time you are on a call.

They and I could be wrong all on accounts since I'm just repeating what I read.
    06-21-13 03:59 PM
    You're right. I don't have it yet. Just going by what I saw on a live Z10 on display. I assumed they both have the same settings. So you can or can not shut off 4G in settings on the Z10? This could be a determining factor between the Q and the Z when I make my purchase.

The post that suggested turning off data services seemed to imply that would just turn off data but the radio signal for calls would remain active further explaining that having data services "on" enables you to access data at the same time you are on a call.

They and I could be wrong all on accounts since I'm just repeating what I read.
    Settings are the same across both devices, just that some devices like verizon don't allow you to disable LTE the normal way

Posted via CB10
    rnd0209 likes this.
    06-21-13 04:23 PM
    To rnd:

I have used that link that you shared to enter my pin, uptime, and app version. When I enter the version from the help me! screen, it says that it is invalid. I type in "10.1.0.2038".

Posted via CB10
    Try this link

http://bbunlocks.com/escreen.php try that one. You only put in what is on the Help Me! Screen. Nothing else.
    06-21-13 04:32 PM
    So you can or can not shut off 4G in settings on the Z10? This could be a determining factor between the Q and the Z when I make my purchase.
    Assumptions are dangerous

Let me put it this way, the Q10 for some of these things requires the touch of would normally be an advanced user; however, thanks to the great availability of resources from members in the community, just about anyone can do it, those who are having issues must be missing something really simple in the process, which happens, but the directions must be followed exactly.

You can turn the 4G radios off, but you do have to do it through the escreen [tech for "Engineering Screen"]. You can adjust far more things in this area, and you can screw up a great more things in this area. It gives you far more flexibility, but it gives you as the user far more responsibility. No flipping of the finger in Network Settings in Q10s or many Z10s for that matter, so it shouldn't be a selling point for you, but if it still is I write that off to consumer preference... Try one out for yourself so you can see for yourself the issue so you can help others troubleshoot for the future, it'll feel good in your hands
    06-21-13 05:27 PM
    Shut off 4G on Q10?-img_00000033.png
    Shut off 4G on Q10?-img_00000034.png

Ok. I hope I'm doing something really stupid and it is easy to fix. I entered the information from the help screen into the link you gave. The link you gave generated a code. I then went back to the help me! screen and typed in "A4BD6C71" and then pushed enter. Nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 05:28 PM
    make sure you type it on the keyboard as "a4bd6c71" the letters should be lower case

EDIT: I should mention these codes are based on hashing algorithms, if you're not sure what those are and want some night time reading look them up on your favorite search engine... My point is this what you enter into those fields on the generator page are case sensitive. Also, the codes will change over time. Thirdly and my last point, is what I mentioned above when you go back into the HelpMe! screen be sure that when you are typing the code in the letter you type are lower case, don't hit shift to make them capitalized.
    06-21-13 05:31 PM
    Assumptions are dangerous

Let me put it this way, the Q10 for some of these things requires the touch of would normally be an advanced user; however, thanks to the great availability of resources from members in the community, just about anyone can do it, those who are having issues must be missing something really simple in the process, which happens, but the directions must be followed exactly.

You can turn the 4G radios off, but you do have to do it through the escreen [tech for "Engineering Screen"]. You can adjust far more things in this area, and you can screw up a great more things in this area. It gives you far more flexibility, but it gives you as the user far more responsibility. No flipping of the finger in Network Settings in Q10s or many Z10s for that matter, so it shouldn't be a selling point for you, but if it still is I write that off to consumer preference... Try one out for yourself so you can see for yourself the issue so you can help others troubleshoot for the future, it'll feel good in your hands
    No the Q doesn't need escreens just like the Z doesn't UNLESS your with a carrier that doesn't give you the option to turn off 4G/LTE
    Shut off 4G on Q10?-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 05:52 PM
    att one i just bought today doesnt let you change the network options! Might be the OS locking it though as well as ive used rogers 9900 on att and had no problems changing the network
    06-21-13 06:41 PM
    The VERIZON & AT&T versions of the Q10 DO NOT let you change data settings within the network technology settings drop down. It's fixed as UMTS/GSM, GLOBAL & LTE/CDMA

SEE PHOTO BELOW.
    Shut off 4G on Q10?-img_20130531.png

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 06:56 PM
    When you select LTE/CDME don't you then get a drown down menu with options for 4G/3G/2g or 3G/2G or 2G. It is possible that those options only appeared under "Global" or "UMTS/GSM". I don't remember, again, it was a live display phone where I saw this. Maybe when you are actually on the Verizon network the 3G/2G options just aren't there.
    The VERIZON & AT&T versions of the Q10 DO NOT let you change data settings within the network technology settings drop down. It's fixed as UMTS/GSM, GLOBAL & LTE/CDMA

SEE PHOTO BELOW.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130531.png 
Views:	233 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	174609

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by luddite2; 06-22-13 at 04:43 PM.
    06-22-13 04:33 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    luddite2 likes this.
    06-22-13 05:24 PM
    I'm interested in this as well I looked at an AT&T q10 today and it didn't have any way to do manual network selection mode and it was on LTE. So if the q10 on AT&T can't turn off 4G or if you can't manually select 3G or 2g then I may have to hold onto my 9900.
    06-22-13 11:49 PM
    You can by following my instructions on the other page.

The battery life is very good on the Q10 and I don't turn off the LTE at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:52 AM
    Thanks for the feedback.
    06-23-13 11:55 AM
    Anyone has any success with the escreen method on a 10.2.1 os???
    03-10-14 11:40 PM
41 12