10-07-14 07:40 AM
49 12
tools
    I don't think you'll enjoy the screen estate of the Q10 after the Z30. If you want a physical keypad, why not wait for the Passport?
    People automatically assume that going from a huge screen to a smaller one is impossible. That you can't possibly get used to it. I'm proof that you're wrong. Here's my note 3. Had it for 8 months. More than happy to be on my Q10. Note 3 is just my GBA/PSX Emulator now. I'm in a car so the drawing is terrible

Should I go Q10 from Z30?-img_20140828_200208.jpg

Posted via Q10RR
    ElGorgon likes this.
    08-28-14 08:02 PM
    People automatically assume that going from a huge screen to a smaller one is impossible. That you can't possibly get used to it. I'm proof that you're wrong. Here's my note 3. Had it for 8 months. More than happy to be on my Q10. Note 3 is just my GBA/PSX Emulator now. I'm in a car so the drawing is terrible

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140828_200208.jpg 
Views:	1443 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	294253

Posted via Q10RR
    I'm on the same boat. Just got a new Q10 last month. I still have my Note 3. These days, the Note 3 is relegated to browsing, videos, and as an LTE hotspot.

The Q10 is where all the action happens for communications - email, sms, chat, even voice calls - which is probably 90% of my daily mobile needs.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind totally abandoning the Note 3. I'd rather do the browsing and videos on my LTE iPad Air anyway. But the Q10 has become irreplaceable.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 11:35 AM
    I'm on the same boat. Just got a new Q10 last month. I still have my Note 3. These days, the Note 3 is relegated to browsing, videos, and as an LTE hotspot.

The Q10 is where all the action happens for communications - email, sms, chat, even voice calls - which is probably 90% of my daily mobile needs.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind totally abandoning the Note 3. I'd rather do the browsing and videos on my LTE iPad Air anyway. But the Q10 has become irreplaceable.

Posted via CB10
    One if the reasons why I never sold my Q10 after I got my Z30.

I know I will come back to my Q10 eventually. It firs so well in the hands and is a great communications device.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    08-29-14 11:41 AM
    I have a Q10 and wanted to get the Z30 and when I first got the Z30 in my hands it was like WOW and put the Q10 in my hand and said why such a small screen? lol

I have both but use my Z30 all the time and have the Q10 as my back up but take it with me also.

the Z30 is the best phone and I have a IP4s for work and took the sim out and put it in the Z30 and I hate how small the IP is, why people like them I have no clue
    08-29-14 12:00 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140828_200208.jpg 
Views:	1443 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	294253

Posted via Q10RR
    I went back from z10 to 9900 bold sometimes ago but I had no problem with screen size because I use my phone for busines!
    I think screen size depending on the phone usage, gaming or business!
    Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 03:15 PM
    I just wish there's a setting to reduce the spacing in the Hub, so that I can see more of the list of emails in one glance. That's one thing I miss go back down to the small screen of the Q10

* eight BlackBerrys and counting...
    08-29-14 06:03 PM
    I went to Z10thought it was awesome. Ended up swapping to Q10 and blown away by how handy the kb shortcuts are, use them all the time and don't miss the screen real estate.

If Q10 had Z30 specs it would be king and never leave me hands :-)

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    08-29-14 07:00 PM
    The one other thing I love is the vividness of the colours on a Q10 screen.

08-29-14 10:46 PM
    The one other thing I love is the vividness of the colours on a Q10 screen.

I would agree with you if I didn't have the z30 as well.

The Z30 has more vivid colours then the Q10 actually.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    08-30-14 01:05 AM
    I don't think you'll enjoy the screen estate of the Q10 after the Z30. If you want a physical keypad, why not wait for the Passport?
    I tried Z10 and Z30, but returned to Q10 because I like physical keyboard and and waiting for Passport (dreaming about P'9983 )

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 01:30 AM
    I tried Z10 and Z30, but returned to Q10 because I like physical keyboard and and waiting for Passport (dreaming about P'9983 )

Posted via CB10
    Passport?! I have nothing to say! LOL!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 04:20 AM
    I'm waiting for classic...

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:49 AM
    Don't know about the Z30, but the obvious handicap of the Q10 versus all touch big screens is, obviously, the Q10's small screen. As for myself, the Q10 is peerless as far as typed communications is concerned - email, sms, chat. I still have my Note 3 for my big screen needs - browsing and video. I wish there were a BlackBerry big screen with slideout keyboard - that would be the best of both worlds. Until that time comes (most likely never) I'm keeping my Q10 and my Note 3, at least for two years, since I got both just a few months ago. Bummer, though, that I've to carry two mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:39 AM
    Guys last suggestions on q10? I'm going to switch!
    10-06-14 01:17 PM
    I've never used a Z10/30 but went from a samsung galaxy relay to a Q10 about 2 months ago. I can't tell if it's the difference in OS or the fantastic keyboard but I have not even once regretted the switch, in spite of going down to half the size of my last screen. With my previous phone I didn't enjoy texting because the virtual keyboard was crummy and the slide out keyboard was too wide and not nearly as well designed as a BlackBerry device. With the Q10 it is an absolute joy to use the keyboard. I look forward to emails and texts now because I can reply to them lightning fast without even needing to look down at where I'm pressing. No more 1-finger typing on my screen or hunting for which buttons to press. It saves me so much time, energy and frustration.
    Not to mention the fact that my phone is not laggy as heck anymore (even though I use up the same amount of storage as I did before AND all the same apps are installed). The hub is a god send and app use is streamlined now that we have active tiles.
    If you're a big messager and you're all about productivity, give the Q10 a shot. The specs are all the same as a Z10 but it's a lot better for talking to friends with maybe keep the Z10 as a backup/ play phone. Seems like most people do that these days.
    ivak110 likes this.
    10-06-14 02:45 PM
    I've never used a Z10/30 but went from a samsung galaxy relay to a Q10 about 2 months ago. I can't tell if it's the difference in OS or the fantastic keyboard but I have not even once regretted the switch, in spite of going down to half the size of my last screen. With my previous phone I didn't enjoy texting because the virtual keyboard was crummy and the slide out keyboard was too wide and not nearly as well designed as a BlackBerry device. With the Q10 it is an absolute joy to use the keyboard. I look forward to emails and texts now because I can reply to them lightning fast without even needing to look down at where I'm pressing. No more 1-finger typing on my screen or hunting for which buttons to press. It saves me so much time, energy and frustration.
    Not to mention the fact that my phone is not laggy as heck anymore (even though I use up the same amount of storage as I did before AND all the same apps are installed). The hub is a god send and app use is streamlined now that we have active tiles.
    If you're a big messager and you're all about productivity, give the Q10 a shot. The specs are all the same as a Z10 but it's a lot better for talking to friends with maybe keep the Z10 as a backup/ play phone. Seems like most people do that these days.
    Thanks for sharing your experience
    10-06-14 03:17 PM
    I just went back to the q10 from the Z30 today and as far as screen it does not bother me I know going to the q is going to be a lot smaller but it's just something about the way this (q10) phone feels in the hand it's just right and I got a replacement so the keyboard is nice and fresh just fell back in love

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:18 PM
    Hey true as mentioned here, why not keep both. Both devices are damn good, I hav both and I cant ditch any one of them

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:34 PM
    I just got a z30 about a week ago and It's definitely a really nice phone, I bought a z10 and a q10 at the same time when I went back to blackberry, when my phones arrived I went straight to the q10 and loved it, then I started using the z10 and really liked that phone also but then I started switching back and forth just something about the way the q feels in the hand. The key board short cuts are so handy and makes getting things done fast the battery life is just flat out amazing. Then I bought the z30 and sold my q wile I like the z30 I'm starting to wish that I didn't sell the q. As much as I'm trying I just don't think I'm a big screen phone kind of guy. When your out and about these big phones are just not convenient to carry around I'm constantly switching pockets. Put it in the back pocket and I reach down to pick something up and it feels like I'm going to break it put in my front pocket and it just doesn't feel comfortable. Ya I know I'm bad and my wife is starting to think I'm crazy because I've had three different phones in less than a year. Lol

Posted via CB10
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-06-14 08:15 PM
    As a user of both, I use the Q10 much more than the Z30. So much so, the Z30 is effectively a backup for when the Q10 goes down due to screen, keyboard or a lemon like battery. While screen size is an issue sometimes, it isn't really, for me. I love the size of the Q10, the speed of typing and the faster switching of input methods/languages on the Q10.

I think the ideal compromise would be the Q10 with a slightly larger screen. No tool belt, now that I have learned the ins and outs of BB10.

However, each to their own. Both have their place.
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-06-14 08:55 PM
    Unless you like the pictures. Q10 takes amazing pictures. I had one printed at a print shop right off my phone. Amazing! Truly.

Jaglenn's Q10
    10-07-14 02:01 AM
    I just got my Q10 yesterday from note 2. I love it! I got use to the smaller screen and keyboard. Smaller but just as good. My note 2 was too big for me. This is perfect in my hands.

Posted via CB10
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-07-14 06:17 AM
    I just got a z30 about a week ago and It's definitely a really nice phone, I bought a z10 and a q10 at the same time when I went back to blackberry, when my phones arrived I went straight to the q10 and loved it, then I started using the z10 and really liked that phone also but then I started switching back and forth just something about the way the q feels in the hand. The key board short cuts are so handy and makes getting things done fast the battery life is just flat out amazing. Then I bought the z30 and sold my q wile I like the z30 I'm starting to wish that I didn't sell the q. As much as I'm trying I just don't think I'm a big screen phone kind of guy. When your out and about these big phones are just not convenient to carry around I'm constantly switching pockets. Put it in the back pocket and I reach down to pick something up and it feels like I'm going to break it put in my front pocket and it just doesn't feel comfortable. Ya I know I'm bad and my wife is starting to think I'm crazy because I've had three different phones in less than a year. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Same here..cant decide one between q10 & z30 so keeping both

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:25 AM
    I would choose the Q10 (if your a bold lover and user...) Q10 is the obvious choice at the moment.... 4 people in my work have them!

I might actually get a Q10 this week because it is a sexy little F***er :O hehe.
    10-07-14 07:40 AM
49 12