if pro go for bb else
    08-14-14 04:50 AM
    Buy a Passport OP.

Now that apps are readily available to BlackBerry, Iphone cult people now say it's just better with no specifics just better for some reason

Posted via CB10
    Suuuure.
    Apps are readily available on BB10.
    Of course!

Saying this, while at the same time using "iPhone cult people", can't be a serious post.
    If it is though, you have no idea how ridiculous and ironic your post seems.

Some comments make me wonder if some really own the phones they say they do

Posted via CB10
    And some comments make me wonder, if the principle of free speech really was such a great idea.

What is it?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much everything that isn't tied to the HUB, BES or the need of having an SD card?

Browser, Camera, App store, ecosystem, CPU, GPU, Screen (the screen itself, is one of the best you can buy in a mobile phone), after sale support, updates, device life cycle and image.

I am sure that I forgot some points, but if that isn't enough, then probably nothing will do for you.

It should also be of note, that every single point I listed is true, and can be proven empirically. One could therefore call it a fact.

So yeah, next time you bash the iPhone, at least bash it based on facts.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 08-14-14 at 05:05 AM.
    08-14-14 04:51 AM
    Just depends what you need from a phone. I love the Q10 because of the physical keyboard. So I choose to use the Q10 rather than an Android or Apple Device even though it lacks certain things. Like screen size and apps. But as a phone for me, the Q10 is perfect! I mainly call, email and text so the keyboard comes in handy!
    08-14-14 07:14 AM
    Buy a Passport OP.

Suuuure.
    Apps are readily available on BB10.
    Of course!
    So you are unaware of the android markets are now available?
    [/QUOTE]
    Saying this, while at the same time using "iPhone cult people", can't be a serious post.
    If it is though, you have no idea how ridiculous and ironic your post seems.[/QUOTE]

You're right there isn't any people are completely abscessed with the Iphone

[/QUOTE]
    And some comments make me wonder, if the principle of free speech really was such a great idea.[/QUOTE]

Free Speech, Really Hitler [/QUOTE]

Pretty much everything that isn't tied to the HUB, BES or the need of having an SD card?

Browser, Camera, App store, ecosystem, CPU, GPU, Screen (the screen itself, is one of the best you can buy in a mobile phone), after sale support, updates, device life cycle and image.

So yeah, next time you bash the iPhone, at least bash it based on facts.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    Browser hell no!! Plenty of tests have shown that and if you actually compared the two, very easy to see the difference. 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash2 MP. Vs. 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps Camera nope I print photos from my phones all the time the Z10 or Q10 beat my iphone 5 easily
    . App store individually yes but for me the number of android apps I have to fulfill my needs is 2 and a load of apps on all phones I never open.
    Gpu slightly if you're putting the petal to the metal
    Cpu 1300 vs 1.5 wrong. Dual-core 1.3 GHz Swiftetal. VsDual-core 1.5 GHz Krait
    Display nope
    LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size640 x 1136 pixels, 4.0 inches (~326 ppi pixel density) vs Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size768 x 1280 pixels, 4.2 inches (~355 ppi pixel density) is you're comparing full touchscreen no.
    After sale support idk apple has stores that you can make an appointment days in advance and they will repair it. BlackBerry just gives you a new usually a day or 2. Updates yes. Device life cycle all I can say is my iphone 5 has had a new battery and home button installed, my Z10 I broke the screen other than that flawless. Q10 never been touched. Image WTH. Get your facts straight

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 07:14 AM
    ^
    You have no idea what you are talking about and I really don't have the nerve to research the 10 million articles which totally contradict your assertions.

So to say it simply:
    Please, stay as clueless as you want, but don't spread the misinformation.

In unbiased reviews and tests of the different components, be it screen, processor, camera, or GPU...
    The iPhone 5s wins hands down, EVERY SINGLE TIME, against a Q10.

And yes, I am aware that Android ports run.
    But
    A) The performance on the current BB10 phones is worse than on a real Android. For games easily between 40-50%.
    B) Not all apps work.
    C) Every app relying on the Google Services won't work.
    D) I didn't buy a BlackBerry to use Android apps
    E) The most important Android market is not usable on BB10.
    F) The Amazon app store is very limited compared to Google Play.
    G) Sideloading is exactly no solution, when you used the App store or Google Play. It's NO comparison to the native experience the other platforms provide.
    H) The permissions Android apps ask for, are just ridiculous. And that I can't edit them makes it even worse. Which isn't a problem on iOS, because there you can edit the app permissions. Just like you can do it for native BB10 apps.

Leaving all off that aside, the OP talks about the iPhone 5s and not about the 5.
    I also highly doubt that you ever owned an iPhone 5, because my GF has one, and it just destroys my Z10 in every category, apart from messaging. And the Z10 has the exact same spec sheet a Q10 has, apart from some miracast.

Use Google and search for display reviews from "displaymate".
    Use google and search for the camera review from "dpreview".
    Might as well look at Anandtech or Arstechnica for the performance review of the GPU/CPU.
    Obviously I am talking about the 5s here, just like the OP and I did in my other post.

Overall, I am not surprised by the lack of knowledge you display.
    When you said that there is no app gap anymore, I knew how biased you must be.
    Enjoy your BlackBerry, just like I do, but please, spare every open minded person the "pleasure" of reading your "thoughts".

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 08-14-14 at 08:41 AM.
    blee4 likes this.
    08-14-14 08:30 AM
    Enjoy your Gf Iphone5s. I do happen to know people with the 5s and there isn't many major improvements in performance compared to the 5 I have. Specs mean didly crap compared to what os you are running say for instance a brand S5 with all its glorious specs has constant lagging especially in the browser. The apps. If the op is considering a Q10 and is on Crackberry he already knows that all the apps won't be there it more depends on what he wants. As I said I have 2 that are android apps. Can I live without them yes. Just like I have until the last update opened up the installation of android apps.The camera on my Q10 gives me better pictures than my Nikon aw-120. As for as performance the 5s doesn't put the smackdown on the Q10. If your going to be constant gaming on a phone you would probably be choosing a full touchscreen in the first place. But that said the Q10 performs great with the games available. Screen that's a pretty quick test to see if you like it. Screen response on the Q10 is not lacking. Is it dimmer yes but most people turn there's down to begin with on a iphone. As far as clarity it's not lacking. The BB10 browser smokes the iphone plain and simple.You're saying no one in there right mind would choose BB10, yet you own one and envy your GF iphone. Are you not successful enough to buy your own iphone? Please do so you can finally be content with your phone

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-14-14 09:08 AM
    ^
    And how is that related to empirical performance tests?
    Did I miss something?

Nope, I didn't say that nobody in their right mind would buy a BB10 phone.
    Quote me on that one please.
    I merely pointed out that your "analysis" is just wrong. That what you said is a wilful misrepresentation. And that what I said has been proven in countless reviews.
    You are trying to deny facts, which is humorous for me... But everyone who searches accurate informations shouldn't listen to you.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 09:13 AM
    I guess just like I didn't say the app gap was closed . Is the Q10 a bad choice in comparison to the 5s. No. Does the Q10 work better for some yes. Do they both have features the other doesn't. Yes. Can the q10 outperform it in reception, camera, noise cancellation, storage capabilities and access to anything you want to download, Is the Q10 battery better, is the web browser faster, YES. Is the audio better yes Is there quality in a Q10. Yes. Does the iphone have a hdmi out no. And I actually like apple products. I have a macbook, Ipad, my kids had 2 ipods, apple TV, they now have my old 4 and 4s and I have the 5. We also have 4 playbooks 2 z10s 1 Q10 1 9900 and had other BlackBerry phones before that including torch 1 and 2 8350i curves and couple other bolds

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by boss_hog; 08-14-14 at 09:47 AM.
    08-14-14 09:22 AM
    ^
    Totally besides the point.
    As I said about 3 times by now, it's empirically proven that the iPhone 5s outperforms the Q10 in terms of CPU, GPU, Camera, display, browser, apps, ecosystem, customer satisfaction and after sale support.

Is the Q10 a bad phone?
    No, not really.
    Is the iPhone or an equivalently priced Android, a better choice for more than 99% of the consumers?
    Hell yes (and empirically proven yet again).

@app gap....
    You said the following:
    Now that apps are readily available to BlackBerry, Iphone cult people now say it's just better with no specifics just better for some reason

Posted via CB10
    So when you say that apps are readily available, that doesn't imply that the app gap is closed?
    I don't know what other interpretation would be possible, but the notion of apps being readily available is just wrong.
    Even Blaize, the new editor in chief, disagrees with you on that point, btw.

We can continue this endlessly though, because you won't move one inch from your gridlocked opinion.
    I told you were to search to get some proven facts, and if you aren't willing to do that, then don't.
    But stop to sell a pretty clueless opinion as a fact.
    The facts prove you so damn wrong, that it's actually pretty funny.
    So yeah, have fun, inform yourself or stay in your reality distortion field.

My suggestion for the OP is still to buy, or at least test a Passport when it launched, if he would like to get a device with a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 10:19 AM
    The Q10 browser is faster no matter what test have shown on the Internet. Anything else about it is a lie. Have you ever had pictures printed from both? The q10 camera is better anything else is a lie. No where in that did I say the app gap is closed, liar. When I compared specs I specifically spoke about the phones I have and my experience with them and everyone and there brother gave apple hell about the 5s not being a much of an upgrade. Please tell me where you are getting your customer satisfaction numbers from. Do you have Intel on percentages of returns, complaints and what for straight from the manufacturer or is another lie from you. Is a phone with no service better than one without, liar . Is a phone with a dead battery better than one with a charge still, liar

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by boss_hog; 08-14-14 at 11:36 AM.
    08-14-14 11:21 AM
    ^
    As I said, have fun in your reality distortion field.
    Or inform yourself.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 11:39 AM
    I take it you have no numbers, liar

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:00 PM
    I take it you have no numbers, liar

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahahhahaha

EVERY review that is based on empirical data, says that I am correct.

But as I said in the beginning, I won't do the work for you.
    I told you where to search, that must be enough

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:58 PM
    Hahahahahhahaha

EVERY review that is based on empirical data, says that I am correct.

But as I said in the beginning, I won't do the work for you.
    I told you where to search, that must be enough

Posted via CB10
    Liar the browser benchmark tests show Bb10 outdoing the iphones and it doesn't take a test when there beside each other. Battery ratings hello. You are full of crap. You have time to be argue pure crap but no time to back it up. Liar

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 04:17 PM
    I have a Z10, IP5 and Q10. My Z10 has been hooked up since I got it at release. I had a Ip4 and 9900 at the time. The Z10 has an edge on the Q10 with reception but the Q10 is much better reception than the Ip5 which is much better than the Ip4. I prefer the camera on either one (Z10 or Q10) than the Ip5. The battery of the Q10 takes them both. The Z10 battery is close to the Ip5 as long as you don't leave the camera app or web browser open but I don't notice a difference with doing that on the Q10. Not sure why. If I'm doing quick text messages I'm faster on the touch screens but if it has any length to it the touchscreen gets on my nerves and loose interest. The q10 is great for pounding off long messages or constant messages. Web browsing is great on The Q10 if you're on mobile sites. It still loads way faster than my Ip5 on full sites but some sites you may have to zoom in and out some. Fine by me it keeps me more productive because I'm not wasting my life surfing. If I need to see something important I can. As for as navigation I use BlackBerry Maps 7-10 times everyday at work. I prefer it over iphone mapping and I have Google maps bookmarked on my home screen if I need it to look at a detailed description. No real loss there for me. What I feel BlackBerry just kills iphone for me is the SD card and the ability to save whatever I want wherever I want it. As far as apps I have many on all my phones I never use and all that I need. A Lot of companies now have mobile sites that replace apps great. I can load an android app if I really need it. As of now that is 2. The noise cancellation on BlackBerry phones haave always been outstanding and it's outstandingly better than my iphone. I've always liked the bright screens so the Q10 takes 2-3 days to get use to. Eventually what I did was set the others at the same brightness as the Q10. The audio is better on the Q10 than the Z10 or Ip5. The hdmi port is just awesome and I use it a lot. I do like that the Z10 will show almost anything full screen and the Q10 doesn't but I've gotten use to it so having it on the Q10 is better than the iphone not having it at all. The main reason I keep my iphone is I go on the water a lot and I have a lifeproof case for it and have yet to find something as good for the BlackBerry phones but that is getting less important to me because I hardly ever submerge it anymore and for daily use the lifeproof sucks. I have 2 lines because of work I'm glad I don't have to choose which one (Z10 or Q10) to use. If I had one line would I go from Ip5 to Q10? Absolutely because of the added functionality, battery life, keyboard, camera, audio performance , SD card, reception and the quality of the Q10 is rock solid. Would I go from the Ip5 to any Android on the market? Heck no!!

Posted via CB10
    The NFC, DLNA, StoryMaker and Time Shift are nothing to sneeze at to either.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    boss_hog likes this.
    08-14-14 04:35 PM
    My switch was a little more drastic. Back in January I had to leave the q10 due to a stocking issue when I switched carriers. So I grabbed a Note 3 and was happy with it for a while but missed my Q10. So I bought one on amazon. Just got it in the mail today. Couldn't tell the difference between a new one and this one lol. I would definitely jump ship. I went from a 5.7 inch screen to maybe a 3 inch. Huge difference. But I love this phone.

Either get the passport or classic when they come out, or grab a Z30. Or even do what I did and grab a fantastic Q10

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-14-14 09:36 PM
    If you want to try the essence of blackberry, wait for classic.
    If you want a good phone right now go for iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:36 AM
    If you want to try the essence of blackberry, wait for classic.
    If you want a good phone right now go for iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    What's wrong with the Q10? It's a great phone. I prefer it over my iphone and my Note 3

Posted via Q10RR
    08-15-14 01:11 PM
    What about syncing Q10 with Microsoft Outlook--especially Outlook 2013? I was so upset when I found out that iPhone doesn't sync with the Outlook calendar. Does BB still do that?
    When I had my Q10 I had zero problems using Outlook or Exchange. On my Z10, over the past year I have had no issues either.

I'm assuming that will continue to be the case when I get my Z30 on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:24 PM
    When I had my Q10 I had zero problems using Outlook or Exchange. On my Z10, over the past year I have had no issues either.

I'm assuming that will continue to be the case when I get my Z30 on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    Whoaaa buddy, get em'

Posted via Q10RR
    08-15-14 06:00 PM
    Has anyone here gone from iPhone to a Q10? I had BB in the past but went to iPhone and I'm thinking about switching back with my next phone. Any advice from anyone who has done this?
    You should wait till after the real reviews for the PassPort and Classic come out, specifically the software reviews. Both devices have great hardware but Blackberrys problem is their software not the hardware. The contact management on Blackberry OS 10 is unreliable there are lots of threads on these forums that detail some of the weird quirks. The operating system does NOT support full PUSH email, meaning it's only PUSH on receive but it doesn't push read, deleted, draft etc... for anything other than receive it syncs over an interval that goes for the calendar as well if you make a change to a meeting it doesn't instantly send it to the server.

If you are tech savvy and don't mind spending a few hours tinkering with your Blackberry to get all the Android apps on it and can live with and inconsistent app experience then go with a Q10.

If you MUST have a hardware keyboard go with a Q10. The Q10 does have better battery life but the screen is also smaller and honestly when I used the Q10 as my daily driver I used it much less than my 5s because well it did less. There were less apps, less apps that support push notifications. Cost of ownership is also higher because you have to buy things that normal come free on both Android and iPhone for example maps app iPhone has both Google and Apple as well as a host of other offline GPS apps like Navigon or TomTom Blackberry has none of that. As another example I had to buy a FaceBook messenger client that normally comes free on iOS and works out of the box right now we are Beta testers for Messenger from their party vendors.

Stock Blackberry apps are no where near as polish and as high quality as Apple equivalent for example the Music player is an absolute joke it basically scans your device for any audio file sit can play and spews out a list this includes ring tones. The iPhone comes with a full productivity suite for free Pages, Numbers, Keynote which unlike Documents To Go is actually updated. You get an amazing PodCast player that supports full chapter artwork and actual chapters in a podcast again free.

Software updates are regional if you buy your device through a carrier than you have to wait for the carrier to approve and send the software update unlike the iPhone where everyone gets updates on the same day.

The 5s camera beats the Q10 camera I have a 5s, Q10 and a 5c. The 5s produces better images also the slow motion is cool as well. The iPhone has HDMI but you do need to buy an extra dongle. Blackberry and iPhone both have their wireless protocols for beaming screen content. I prefer the Apple TV because media apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video take advantage of AirPlay and you don't get any resolution problems when you use it with an Apple TV.

Support for Apple products is better you can walk into any Apple Store and get support for your phone, you can't do that with Blackberry they don't have stores. They don't even do their own support even if you buy it from them they sell through a third party online retailer.

Blackberry loves to talk about "security" and how secure their devices are but the truth is it ONLY applies to enterprise clients who pay for a BES it does not apply to consumers who want to integrate a Blackberry with their existing email or online services.
    08-15-14 08:00 PM
    No. Use both together.

Posted via Q10
    08-16-14 06:32 AM
    I'm a hard-core, long time user of Apple products.
    In my opinion, one of the few advantage the 5S has (and I own one) over the Q10, is it's ability to integrate with all of the Apple products (like Apple TV).
    That's a big advantage, but for myself, I use the Q10's predictive writing capabilities and one touch speed dialing features far more than I watch Apple TV.
    Now Apple is moving into home automation, which means that they will be able to control everything from home security to environmental controls to home entertainment via their mobile products.
    But the big disadvantage of the Apple system is that everything is internet dependent and has to be synced via "the cloud", which I don't like. If for some reason your internet goes down you're screwed aren't you?
    But I'm a business owner and the Q10, in my opinion, is the better phone for my operations.
    If BlackBerry ever created the ability to allow their products to have the versatility to integrate into Apple's system as well as other home automation systems (like Lutron's Homeworks) they would take a huge lead in that market.
    08-16-14 11:18 PM
    If u upgrade from 9900 to Q10, I would strongly recommend. But if it is 5S, u would probably meet app problems. PS: I personally own a Q10 and a Iphone 5s? and I like the keyboard of Q10 very much.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 01:56 AM
    Z10 all day!!!!

Posted by Meedia Moogulz via Z10
    08-17-14 05:01 AM
103 12345