I won't recommend you that as I had to shift from iPhone 5s to z10 and mind my words mate u r gonna miss iPhone for a hundred reasons...

Via 2 Years old beast (Z10)
    08-17-14 05:16 AM
    This has to be the only forum where members don't support the platform

Posted via Q10RR
    08-17-14 05:42 AM
    There are people who get paid to join these forums and cut down the products as an individual but you'll never know who they are

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 07:19 AM
    There are people who get paid to join these forums and cut down the products as an individual but you'll never know who they are

Posted via CB10
    I wish someone would offer me money to do that.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 07:22 AM
    Ditto, I would wreck the iphone forums lol

Posted via Q10RR
    08-17-14 07:34 AM
    This has to be the only forum where members don't support the platform

Posted via Q10RR
    The OP posted an honest question and I gave him an honest answer.

No, he shouldn't go to the Q10.
    1) The 5s is a far better phone for the majority.
    Going by performance, apps and ecosystem, is not even a comparison.

2) Better keyboard models from BlackBerry are just around the corner.

3) I don't recommend something just based on, if use the platform/product. If another phone is very probably a phone that will make the guy who asked happier, then why the hell should I recommend a phone that makes him unhappy?

Posted via CB10
    donemt and blee4 like this.
    08-17-14 09:58 AM
    The OP posted an honest question and I gave him an honest answer.

No, he shouldn't go to the Q10.
    1) The 5s is a far better phone for the majority.
    Going by performance, apps and ecosystem, is not even a comparison.

2) Better keyboard models from BlackBerry are just around the corner.

3) I don't recommend something just based on, if use the platform/product. If another phone is very probably a phone that will make the guy who asked happier, then why the hell should I recommend a phone that makes him unhappy?

Posted via CB10
    The app gap is closing with the amazon app store. Pintrest, netflix, hulu, vine. Many apps are already available for blackberry. As for the "eco-system" quality over quantity, always. I have an iphone, I have android, I have a q10, iPhone and Android have hundreds of thousands of apps cause anything with a code and a picture is allowed on there. So the eco system can be as a diverse as it wants but if they're not of quality, then who cares?

If you want to recommend a phone, not being blackberry, then android, specifically Samsung galaxy line is definitely the best bet. Its definitely a more powerful, and worthy device. I pull out my note on the train or in a waiting room and I can pull open my Playstation emulator or Gameboy emulator play any game I want. I can text faster using swype, I can take better pictures and video, I have a removal battery, an SD slot, long battery life, capability to customize my home screen to how I want it laid out instead of just staring at some icons. Now, where is the iPhone better again?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-17-14 01:16 PM
    Has anyone here gone from iPhone to a Q10? I had BB in the past but went to iPhone and I'm thinking about switching back with my next phone. Any advice from anyone who has done this?
    I did exactly that. But do think about what you would want to use your phone for. If its for work, email, communication and messaging go for the Q10.

If you want to play games, consume media, social media and multimedia apps go for the ip.

Differentiate or Die
    08-17-14 01:20 PM
    IPhone just works. It is a pleasure to use it. Is simple. Just an example : you received an email. If you tap the from field the contact opens and you can do whatever you want. On BlackBerry nothing happens .

If you want to sms someone and type some letters you will find all the contacts that don't need but not the one you use most. An so one

Posted via CB10
    blee4 likes this.
    08-17-14 02:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just pay a couple a mediocre amount to troll different forums all day. Could be worth it. Maybe even more so if you had lots of people doing it.

Probably super unethical though

Posted with no typos using the Q10
    08-17-14 08:40 PM
    Yes. You should.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:15 PM
    You get an amazing PodCast player that supports full chapter artwork and actual chapters in a podcast again free.
    Wow - this may be the first time I've ever heard the Apple Podcast app referred to as "amazing". 1 and a half star rating on iTunes. It's gotten better, but for a long time, it seemed like that app was developed by the intern that was dropped on his head.

There is some amazing stuff Apple does. Wouldn't classify Podcast among it

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 05:46 AM
    Wow - this may be the first time I've ever heard the Apple Podcast app referred to as "amazing". 1 and a half star rating on iTunes. It's gotten better, but for a long time, it seemed like that app was developed by the intern that was dropped on his head.

There is some amazing stuff Apple does. Wouldn't classify Podcast among it

Posted via CB10
    They got trashed when they pulled it out of the "music" app. It's gotten a lot attention lately, they are shipping it with iOS 8 by default now. It's still the best free podcast app because it supports the file format with chapters, artwork, and embedded links in each chapter.

Most podcast players only remember last played position and drop the rest basically treating it like a music file.

Posted via my Q10
    08-20-14 08:24 AM
    The Note 3 is a joke we have one at work I took for testing. Loaded with bloat ware you can't remove like Pintrest and a host of Samsung junk. The split screen mode for apps only works for a small subset if apps infact they are mostly samsung apps.

The Note 3 has good marketing but when you use it, it feels very unpolished. A Frankenstein of apps Samsung threw together, not very fluid.

Posted via my Q10
    08-20-14 08:32 AM
    IPhone just works. It is a pleasure to use it. Is simple. Just an example : you received an email. If you tap the from field the contact opens and you can do whatever you want. On BlackBerry nothing happens .

If you want to sms someone and type some letters you will find all the contacts that don't need but not the one you use most. An so one

Posted via CB10
    You can do the same on bb10 by tapping and holding the contact. It brings the menu to do whatever you want for that contact.

Do agree that it's less intuitive and the most used suggestion should definitely get a thumbs up.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 08:53 AM
    Saw this today and thought of your thread.

Even thought this review is from when the Q10 was running OS 10.0, I think that it's fair.
    I disagree with her assessment of the battery and never experienced any of the problems that she had.
    I hope that this will be of some help.
    08-24-14 07:07 PM
    I have both. I like the Q10 more. Battery, security, swag, all going in favor of the $BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 11:06 PM
    Q10 is really great phone it's just not for multimedia

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 11:10 PM
    Has anyone here gone from iPhone to a Q10? I had BB in the past but went to iPhone and I'm thinking about switching back with my next phone. Any advice from anyone who has done this?
    OP, I went from 3.5 years of android to the Q10, so it's not exactly your situation. For what it's worth, if you are considering switching to a physical keyboarded BlackBerry, then I suggest waiting for the Classic. We're close enough to the release date, that you could wait to try out the Classic against the Q10.

In the meantime, the iPhone is no slouch, so you'll be fine during the wait :-).

As regards the Q10, I have found it a thoroughly enjoyable device to use.
    08-24-14 11:41 PM
    If you find the threads on sideloading Snap or other apk downloaders there's not much the Q10 can't do. Only thing is the voice assistant is NOT as good as Siri, not even close. But with the 10.3 update coming out soon that issue will be resolved as well.
    If you care a lot more about a keyboard than overall features, the Q10 is for you. Tbh I don't think that's a lame reason to switch phones, I moved from android back to BlackBerry and I have zero regrets

Posted via CB10
    Senor Wright likes this.
    08-25-14 06:24 AM
    I'm using iPhone 5s and waiting for a q10. I'm confused about what phone should I keep too. I was blackberry addict, not user... And now I'm am apple. Next week I'll receive the q10 and use it a few days and I'll see if I miss the iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-26-14 07:08 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 07:23 PM
    I don't have two or three paragraphs of reasons. Just a simple, 'yes'. If you're wondering about coming from crapple to BlackBerry, then obviously you should just do that, it will be a HUGE upgrade to a much better way of mobile computing.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 07:25 PM
    I am sure that the word Crapple, paired with no reasons would sway everybody!

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and Velocitymj like this.
    08-27-14 12:46 AM
    I'd say u gotta have a Q10 for everyday use and an iPhone for holidays 😎
    01-02-15 11:35 PM
103 ... 2345