The Q10 is a great phone, seriously. I wouldn't trade mine for any anything else on the market today. The keyboard quality is unmatched, the phone feels great in the hand, it's got SD, it is free to program, the OS doesn't try to manage things users should be able to do themselves, it's got a user visible file system, the OS doesn't do any of this application sandbox crap, and so on.. BlackBerry really did a good job this time.
    And it makes phone calls also.
    08-14-13 02:43 AM
    Hey

I've been using the Q10 for 2 months now. I was a BB user for years. Was almost about to buy a HTC 1
    then realized the most important thing that keeps me glued to BB was a Keyboard and with the new Os 10 n reviews
    I thought I'd give a try - I like this and it satisfies my purpose. Using limited apps ( Skype / Viber etc..) I may have got addicted to android apps if i had made the switch.But I am happy with the Q10.

-The battery life is good - Lasts me for an entire day
    -The browser is very responsive - I read a lot on my phone , i don't miss the screen real estate on a Q10 against any other full touch device.
    -The first thing any migrant to BB 10 may miss - Is the Apps >> I hope eventually , BB would get more apps and not deprive their customers with the prevalent apps ( this is a HOPE ). If you are into Side-loading- this deprivation could decrease.

Good luck with your new phone
    08-14-13 05:02 AM
    Get the Q. After a few days you'll understand why we all rave about it. You'll also start to wonder why so many people are down on BlackBerry. To write off BlackBerry is to follow the sheep... I can't believe the BS that is being flung about about BlackBerry and the 10s.

Just do it.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    08-14-13 05:52 AM
    Don't buy a q10 thinking this is like a historic BBOS phone - its not. Totally different phone, all the way down the bone. In fact the biggest difference between it and say the old bold 9900 is that HAS the same keyboard.

This is a modern phone, with modern thinking and modern compromises. I have posted a lot on my dissatisfaction with the Q10 after a 9900, and mine is currently in for repair. This is the CRUCIAL part - think about your needs, but as a general summary - if you want a modern phone with up to date hardware and good apps, its fine. If you want a productive workhorse replacement for a previous QWERTY phone like a bold 9900, it comes up HORRIBLY short in core functionality, so I'm forced to say for the love of god DON'T.Q10 is a LOUSY phone. Its just a competitive SMARTPHONE.

I will be happy to expand on this further if you want, but honestly I'm tired of typing the same stuff in so many threads at the moment - good luck with whatever you decide! Apologies for the caps I like to make a point, I think I got up the wrong side of bed today
    08-14-13 05:54 AM
    Thank you so for much for the answers. I know that Android and iOS are far superior on many aspects, the thing is, I really need a physical keyboard because the touch keyboards from my iPhone and iPod are driving me nuts!
    I have an iPod and was writing to a friend on Facebook telling her that I was going to get an iPhone. I realised whilst typing the message to her that writing anything longer than a sentence on that touch screen is just thoroughly unpleasant. I've used my iPod for 12 months and still don't like writing long messages on it - so I got a Q10, and I don't regret it.

With the Playbook, I bought it on the promise that they were going to add Skype and so on - promises which never materialised. Luckily the Q10 already has Skype, Twitter, Facebook and you can sideload Instagram and a few other ones. It's a very robust phone and it is just really pleasant to use. I'm very happy with it.
    08-14-13 06:03 AM
    Gotta say, I don't think Android or iOS are superior. They dominate the market and have the apps but for pure OS functionality out of the box BB10 is, even in it infancy, on par with the big dogs.

Posted via CB10
    that_maynard likes this.
    08-14-13 07:48 AM
    if anyone lives in los angeles, i have a barely used black casemate Q10 cover i bought for the two weeks i had a Q10. PM me, and i will leave it in my unlocked mailbox in miracle mile for you. cheers!
    08-14-13 09:29 AM
    The battery life is good. The reason why I used it over a z10.
    08-14-13 12:16 PM
    Again, thank you very much for the answers. I've actually decided to get a Q10 as soon as I get the cash for it. I'm very happy with my decision and to address the few that seemed to get a little upset with my comments, it's not like that at all, I've been using BBOS for a long time and I actually believe that it's better than iOS so there's no reason for me to believe that BB10 would be worse than the top smartphones! The fact that I'm using an iPhone does not necessarily mean that I don't know anything about BlackBerry's haha, I've been reading these forums for almost a year so I know the capabilities of BB10.

My main concern was the support the device would get (or would not get) in the future, as long as this device runs with me for the next couple years, I'll be very happy with it, apps like Instagram and other popular apps don't worry me since I already have my iPod and iPhone (which I intend to use as another iPod because I don't need two phones).
    08-14-13 08:37 PM
34 12