I think the UI needs some improvement too, but overall it's less clicks for me because it's integrated with the OS. That's what makes it shine for me. You can click pretty much anything onto your calendar.
    Yes. UI is for me better on 9900 I think. Easier access to some parameters of the event when you create it and visible details with less clicks.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:36 PM
    Buy a q10

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 05:20 PM
    If you found the 8520 "buggy" then you'll find the Q10 awful, like I did. BB recently cut its production due to underwhelming market acceptance of Blackberry 10, and I got 5 weeks of hands-on experience to learn firsthand why the market uptake is so slow.

Comparatively speaking, here are the advantages of the 9900:
    (1) OS7 is a far more intuitive user experience. The Q10 was really designed to be an engineer's Rubik's cube, with cryptic icons, bizarre gestures, and a schizophrenic user interface that techiies will love to decipher but the rest of us hate. There is no icon for Mail, though there is one for Calendar and Text Messages. This "hub" thing is pretty stupid, designed for ADD-afflicted kids who need a constant obsessive-compulsive distraction in their hands. The hub is basically a weird replacement for the OS7 row of icons (Text/Facebook/Email notification icons). In summary, BB10 is tantamount to BMW's iDrive system: they went out of their way to try to eliminate useful buttons, and made basic functionality challenging as a result.

All of the above is said having made it *past* through the first week of hell, when the device functionality can barely be comprehended. I suspect 90% of the store returns came from new users who simply gave up after 48 hours.

(2) BB10 was really designed to be a touch-only UI. You will find out in time that BB10 was kludged to accommodate a keyboard, unlike OS7, which naturally relied on a keyboard. There is no harmony between the gestures in BB10 and the Q10 hardware.

(3) Lack of speed dial. This is absolutely stupid. Incredibly stupid. I can't say how stupid this is.

(4) Lack of Google Maps or Blackberry Traffic. The Blackberry Maps program is awful. Try searching for "nearest grocery store" and you'll get hundreds of wrong results (ice cream shops, liquor stores, etc). Again, cryptic icons, and unintuitive design. If you're using BB Maps while driving, wear a helmet and drive slowly. You'll probably crash due to Maps-induced driver distraction.

(5) Inferior calendar: On our BB10 enterprise system at work, calendar does not show the availability of others when scheduling a meeting.

(6) Lack of Auto-off/Auto-on: not a problem if you don't mind getting calls from the Far East at 3:15AM.

(7) Lack of a floating button on the side: On the 9900, I configured mine for quick access to turn on/off the ringer volume. In BB10, this requires several clicks to get down to the Ringer on/off submenu. Again, like changing radio stations with the BMW iDrive, they took something simple and made it overly complicated. Big step backwards.

(8) The BB10 on/off slider buttons barely work half the time. I usually have to flick over and over for them to work. The OS7 checkmark boxes (e.g. Bluetooth on/off) worked perfectly. Poor software design.

(9) Inferior BB Bridge pairing with Playbook. No BBM or SMS bridging.

(10) The Q10`s AMOLED display is not bright and does not work very well in full outdoor daylight.

Blackberry peaked in 2011 with the 9810, 9900, and Playbook. It's hard to believe the Q10 and Z10 were 2+ years late and so underwhelming at the same time. I'm really disappointed, but sticking with a 9900 because it's the most pragmatic productivity smartphone out there. Maybe Blackberry will do something better in 2014 if they're still around.

George H.

Hi George,

Had similar grievances on 10.1, but 10.2 resolved many issues. Black theme is great, even outdoors in a Sydney summer. Guess what, I still have the original "screen protector" out of the box (please guys, I know, don't bash me for it, I like the slightly decreased sensitivity), and have no brightness dramas.

Cannot wait for 10.2.1 official

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    12-22-13 12:47 AM
    Q10 all the way. BB10 is a huge improvement.

I also agree with the poster who said look at the Q5.
    It is an excellent phone that gives you the BB10 experience for a smaller price.
    12-22-13 10:31 AM
    Its definitely Q10. Its so easy to use, sexy to look at. Who ever wrote the first reply saying bad things about Q10 he probably hasn't used it. The hub is best thing I found in a mobile phone. The access to the apps is so easy. Get Q10 u will just love it

Posted via CB10
    CNX66 likes this.
    12-22-13 10:36 AM
    I dould not agree with you more. Thr 9900 was a phone that worked for its user. The Q is a phone the user needs to work for. , I have the q for about 60 days and i have never been less productive than now due to the phones inability to allow me to communicate with literally single commands.
    Lets also not forget the horrible blackberry link that is completely disfunctional. Its only capability is its ability to wipe out your data. . I just purchased a bold 9900 from ebay it is listed as brand new in the box never used ( I hope) .
    I will put the Q away for at least a year until blackberry takes out all the bugs. But I think the q is a DOA

I disagree. The 9900 is much faster and more functional for everything but browsing. The OS has built in delays with just about every function in addition to the fact that the OS has 2-3 extra steps built in for just about every function. For me, the 9900's calendar was much quicker set in month mode and use for a reminder for mtgs. Contact search is hugely superior on the 9900. Editing, cutting and pasting -- also vastly superior on the 9900. Speed/shortcut productivity convenience functions...many more on the 9900, although the Q10 is trying to catch up (slowly, but someone estimated it's at 70% of the 9900). Many people return it very disappointed. For these reasons, it won best Best Communication by Crackberry's Adam Zeis. The learning curve for the Q10 is also very steep...but I think the better browsing is a huge advantage, although they could have designed a next generation 9900 that had faster browsing and retained all of the legacy advantages (I never had a problem with spinning circles)...they've even dropped push email of all things...such a shame. I've never lost so much data and so much productivity as with this device.
    12-22-13 12:44 PM
    Just imagine a bold 9900 with all of the Q10 hardware upgrades including 4gLTE. Now that is my dream phone

I don't now if you could tether thru the the 9900. That's new to me and an exciting new feature. Of course, any new advancement of the 9900 should have been able to do that. My beef with the Q10 is that it's just so misguided given what it could have been after all that time and money. It could have been an amazing killer device.
    12-22-13 12:47 PM
    Just imagine a bold 9900 with all of the Q10 hardware upgrades including 4gLTE. Now that is my dream phone
    Dream phone for all real users. People who call five times a day, got few e-mails and use mainly BBM or whatsup and perhaps play some games... is Q10 right now OK. Especially when the price is close to few hunderets $. When you deal with four or five e-mail accounts, several shared calendars, got daily several hunderets e-mails what you delegate to colleagues and make 100 calls - then every not-required extra touch of the button counts and every non-necessary step to do the task slows you down and make using the phone not effective in compare with older platform. But when the price of the phone is close to 750$ as in my case and my country streetprice, it's not good deal at all.

All of longer term professional users would probably like the 9900 body with Q10 speed. Yes, I miss trackpad. Even after two months of using Q10 and it's selection ring on screen, I miss trackpad and option to hold shift and use cursor every single day. I miss many other little niche details, what made old BlackBerry so productive. I agree that hub is good, but for work it's not major thing - I want to see really well how many unread mails I have in each of five mailboxes withou scrolling. I want to delete several e-mails straight without need to open any menu - using keyboard. I want in my forwarded e-mails visible (readable) e-mail adress of the original sender and I want to use robust contacts app, where will not be mess created probably by poor integration of facebook contacts or so. I want dream phone and I am prepared to pay premium price for it - what I already did. But got something with value 4x lower

Posted using BlackBerry Q10
    12-22-13 07:58 PM
    I'll jump back in and disagree. The Q zips for my use. Not just with 4G, but with the OS. I have 5 email accounts and am on phone calls off and on all day.

But the big improvement for me on BB10 is the Calendar integration with the phone. Adding calendar events is much easier on 10...and that is the biggest difference for me. That and the fast internet compared to the slow, bottlenecked 9900's 3G.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:16 PM
    I'll jump back in and disagree. The Q zips for my use. Not just with 4G, but with the OS. I have 5 email accounts and am on phone calls off and on all day.

But the big improvement for me on BB10 is the Calendar integration with the phone. Adding calendar events is much easier on 10...and that is the biggest difference for me. That and the fast internet compared to the slow, bottlenecked 9900's 3G.

Posted via CB10
    There could not be a worse experience than internet on the old Bold. Horrid. Truly horrid. That may be what caused millions to abandon the platform.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:32 PM
    The 9900 at it's current price point is a deal at $150 to $200. The q10s are about $300 on ebay. They're both good choices, depending on your budget.
    12-23-13 11:50 AM
    Go forward not backwards.Get a Q10!!!Theres nothing really to think about!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    CNX66 likes this.
    12-23-13 02:14 PM
    The 9900 has a lot of really great features, but unfortunately any time saved using those features you lose five fold waiting for the spinning clock when it lags. I say get a Q10, they are updating the OS and improvements are coming. But overall the Q10 is a really good phone.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    clickitykeys and Danny Ocean like this.
    12-23-13 07:53 PM
    Its definitely Q10. Its so easy to use, sexy to look at. Who ever wrote the first reply saying bad things about Q10 he probably hasn't used it. The hub is best thing I found in a mobile phone. The access to the apps is so easy. Get Q10 u will just love it

Posted via CB10
    You're right!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 04:35 PM
    Love the way the 9900 feels in your hand. They way the Q10 jot so much.
    tagumcity likes this.
    04-14-14 08:23 PM
    Q10 I own both a bold 9900 and Q10 and the Q10 in my opinion is awesome!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:50 PM
    I love the 9900 hardware, but bb10 is way smoother. I vote Q10

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:03 PM
    Q5.

? Cb10 ?
    04-14-14 09:05 PM
    Q10 hands down not even close

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    04-14-14 10:01 PM
    Have used both; Q10 is the present; 9900 is the past; no comparison; once you get accustomed to the new OS; (takes about 2-3 days), you'll never go back; the browser alone is light years ahead of the 9900
    04-15-14 09:01 AM
    Agree with the browser
    04-15-14 09:04 AM
    I love the 9900 hardware, but bb10 is way smoother. I vote Q10

Posted via CB10
    I would agree with this. I prefer the 9900's build quality actually

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    04-15-14 10:58 AM
    As per future devices why not wait for the next device in line which will have the onscreen "toolbelt" perse!?

It will give os 7 / legacy users a better upgrade as it will be more familiar!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:19 AM
    Q10 all the way. I do like the hardware of the 9930 better. Feels more substantial but the Q10 is a phenomenal device. I still use the 9930 for work but my Q10 is my personal device. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:42 AM
    I vote Q10. I used 9700 and 9900 and they are wonderful devices... for their times. If OP can't wait for Q20, than it is Q10
    04-15-14 12:07 PM
128 ... 3456