They are both good phones that really serve different preferences. IMO the Q10 has a future and that's the direction I would go. The Q10 can be updated to fix issues. The 9900 can't be upgraded to fix its issues. In other words, what the Q10 lacks in software it makes up for in hardware. The 9900 makes up for outdated hardware with mature software. Since software can be updated and hardware can't the Q10 therefore has a future and more potential. I'm not saying the BB10 software isn't already quite good, but the 9900 OS7.1 is mature and has been fine tuned over a longer period of time. BB10 is much more powerful though and is getting better. Good luck.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-06-13 09:31 AM
    just sold my Q10. And i really loved it very nice phone and worth the upgrade.Just bought a brand new torch 9810, just cant give up the legacy devices, im old school its like coming back home.
    12-06-13 09:41 AM
    That's a myth that has been discussed on several threads here. It does have 4G and that allows you to do things the legacy devices couldn't.. ie stream radio, Rhapsody, videos, using the Mobile Hotspot, reading web sites that were too slow on legacy, etc.

But side by side, there is no significant difference in data. But there is a lot more you can do with 4G...big time.
    Q10 is a data hog and much more expensive per month, if that's a factor...travel internationally, and it's probably 10x more expensive and likely to be a major factor if you pay your own usage bills or travel internationally frequently.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    12-06-13 11:14 AM
    You can't go wrong with either. Q10 is the future and will be developed more in the future. 9900 is pretty much fully developed. My perfect BlackBerry would be the Q10 and 9900 fused together. I miss some legacy features but performance on BB10 is way better.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-06-13 12:01 PM
    Maybe a learning curve but I go for the Q10 and will never go back! The battery life and stability are much better than on my beloved old 9900 (and 9000 :_)) but the Q10 rules!

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 + Q10 SQN100-3 + Apple IPad Mini 3G + Lenovo Ultrabook SSD (+ Playbook 32GB not in use). Carriers MVNO Netherlands and DTAC Thailand.
    Last edited by CNX66; 12-09-13 at 01:06 AM.
    12-06-13 03:41 PM
    That's a myth that has been discussed on several threads here. It does have 4G and that allows you to do things the legacy devices couldn't.. ie stream radio, Rhapsody, videos, using the Mobile Hotspot, reading web sites that were too slow on legacy, etc.

But side by side, there is no significant difference in data. But there is a lot more you can do with 4G...big time.

Posted via CB10
    That's just such a false and misleading post. It's a well acknowledged and know fact that this device uses at least 3x iPhone and 10x 9900. Data abuse to the max for just doing the very same things you always used to do. I am not talking about lots of streaming video or game playing. Just basic stuff. The extra cost and burned data can be huge! Simply terrible. Another classic fumble by Blackberry...the same guys who dropped push email. Now you get it. Drop your iconic competitive advantages. No wonder!
    12-06-13 10:56 PM
    84% of all statistics are made up.

Quote your source for those numbers, please. The time has come for you to put up or shut up.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    12-07-13 04:04 AM
    9900 just needs to go away. It's dated. Slow. Unless all you do is write txts and emails all day.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 06:33 PM
    You are right Sox...10 GB' s of data is more on BB10 than 10 GB's of data of the iPhone. Just brilliant.
    That's just such a false and misleading post. It's a well acknowledged and know fact that this device uses at least 3x iPhone and 10x 9900. Data abuse to the max for just doing the very same things you always used to do. I am not talking about lots of streaming video or game playing. Just basic stuff. The extra cost and burned data can be huge! Simply terrible. Another classic fumble by Blackberry...the same guys who dropped push email. Now you get it. Drop your iconic competitive advantages. No wonder!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:08 PM
    The 9900 does not have the hot spot feature. Even if it did it would be slow. The 9900 is not fast enough to stream any media, really, either.

The 9900 has a great keyboard, but is a little mushy for me. Typing on the Q can be faster, once you get used to it. Word prediction is amazing.

And the calender integration is much better on the Q than the 9900.

The OS needs to get a little faster, and had made progress in the last updates. But still no spinning clock or battery pulls.

Posted via CB10
    I found word prediction to be disorienting on the Q10 especially if typing two handed. I agree that if limited to one hand for whatever reason it makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 06:54 AM
    I am from Bold 9900. I choose Q10 over bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:12 AM
    The 9900 does not have the hot spot feature. Even if it did it would be slow. The 9900 is not fast enough to stream any media, really, either.

Posted via CB10
    I had a 9900 for two years. It does have a wifi hotspot. It must be enabled by your wireless carrier to show up. Also, on ATT, it has HSPA+, which is basically enhanced 3G. I streamed music and online videos with it all the time with no trouble.

The 9900 is an awesome device. I got a Z10 and love it, but I still miss my keyboard from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-08-13 07:36 AM
    Definitely go Q10 if you need a physical keyboard. It's a great phone compared to the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:53 AM
    I type two handed. I just ignore the word prediction unless I am on a long word I don't know how to spell. But I find that many times it will figure out the words with one letter and some without typing anything.
    I found word prediction to be disorienting on the Q10 especially if typing two handed. I agree that if limited to one hand for whatever reason it makes sense.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 01:11 PM
    The problems with the Q10 become more glaring as you use it, day by day. The things that are missing, from dropping push email to the convenience keys, the structural delays in operation, the functional delays when you try to do something and have to wait...the hugley opporeesive data usage. Ugh. So frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:54 PM
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Just be thankful when you get your next upgrade and iPhone. It's insane in today's climate to use a smartphone you don't like.
    The problems with the Q10 become more glaring as you use it, day by day. The things that are missing, from dropping push email to the convenience keys, the structural delays in operation, the functional delays when you try to do something and have to wait...the hugley opporeesive data usage. Ugh. So frustrating.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:58 PM
    On the contrary, for me, the Q10 becomes more usable as you use it, day by day. After upgrading to 10.2.0 and then to 10.2.1, I have been very happy with the following improvements:
    1. One-button dialing shortcuts
    2. Pinch-feature in the Hub to read all Unread messages
    3. FM Radio
    4. More functional Evernote
    5. Toast notifications
    6. Quick settings
    7. A selection of useful Android apps (e.g., Google Maps with turn-by-turn voice navigation works beautifully.)

It is fair to say that I use my Q10 far more than I used to handle my Android devices. Furthermore, owing to the lack of a proper Hub in iOS and to the aggravating experience of long-form typing on a glass slab, I'm rarely on my iPad unless I want to read eBooks, or PDF manuscripts.

I don't know what people mean when they say that the data usage on the Q10 is higher. My wife has an HTC One (I use my phone more), and our data usage is almost the same.
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 12-11-13 at 03:24 AM.
    12-11-13 02:26 AM
    I own both 9900 and Q10
    And I use both daily
    For work is 9900 better for me as I manage huge number of e-mails and Q10 is not exactly on the same level with even basic features - for example forwarding e-mails is quite mad now.
    9900 is for me simply far better
    Calendar - I use 9900 mostly and does not really like calendar in Q10
    Viber - no option then 9900
    Phone calls - for me far better 9900
    Do you often copy&paste anything? 9900 is far better - using shift and cursor pad. Not comparable with Q10.

Why Q10? Faster, much faster. Browser is working (on 9900 is crazy), camera can really shoot sharp pictures even close ups.
    I purchased Q10 as replacement of 9900, but it's not possible (yet). Last software update improved lot of things, but it is not yet on the level when I could replace 9900 with Q10. Not yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 04:28 AM
    For me the Q10 blows the 9900 out of the water, couple caveats though, you need to download the latest leaked 10.2.1.1055 OS.

If you start using the Q10's standard OS it's not complete so you might not like the experience. You need the leaked OS, I cant stress this enough you need the leaked OS.

Now if you are okay with downloading the leaked OS for the Q10, go buy the Q10 as the 9900 doesn't come close.

You will need to tweak a few settings in your Q10 that's running the leaked OS. In the hub you can go into the settings and change it so that when you hit the enter button on the physical keyboard it will send your typed message, if you don't do this you will need to press send on the screen every time you go to send a message which is a pain so immediately go into the settings and change it.

Change your different settings to the (ie your text message, calendar ect) dark theme, that's right Luke I'm your father and the dark side is calling you.

Setup your speed dial, one of the best features of a physical keyboard is the ability to sign long button presses to automatically call one of your contacts for example, if i press and hold the "W" key on my phone it automatically calls my wife's cell phone, if I press and hold "H" it automatically calls my home's land line. It is a super convenient feature only found and executed on BB physical keyboards (feature is also on the 9900)

You need to download Skype from BB world and Netflix from the google store. You will need to sideload "snap" to get access to the google app store see thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/
    12-11-13 06:44 AM
    I think you mean you like the Calendar interface better on the 9900? The Q interface does take some getting used to. But the Q10 calendar functions MUCH better than the 9900 and is fully integrated into BB10.
    9900 is for me simply far better
    Calendar - I use 9900 mostly and does not really like calendar in Q10
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:16 PM
    I think you mean you like the Calendar interface better on the 9900? The Q interface does take some getting used to. But the Q10 calendar functions MUCH better than the 9900 and is fully integrated into BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Can you set the calendar default screen to monthly? If so, how?
    12-11-13 12:21 PM
    Calendar/Settings (from top swipe down) then Default to monthly.
    Can you set the calendar default screen to monthly? If so, how?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:44 PM
    Calendar/Settings (from top swipe down) then Default to monthly.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. That was easy. Not sure what I had tried to do previously.
    12-11-13 12:52 PM
    You will need to tweak a few settings in your Q10 that's running the leaked OS. In the hub you can go into the settings and change it so that when you hit the enter button on the physical keyboard it will send your typed message, if you don't do this you will need to press send on the screen every time you go to send a message which is a pain so immediately go into the settings and change it.
    I'm running latest official AT&T 2030 from ancient times and the enter key sends texts (assuming you were talking about texts)
    12-11-13 01:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. UI is for me better on 9900 I think. Easier access to some parameters of the event when you create it and visible details with less clicks.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 03:37 PM
128 ... 23456