I suggest you try a Q10, its not what you would expect for a Blackberry. if you want to use like a traditional BB then there is no choice other then a 9900/9930. if your happy to start with a new way of working (like moving to Android or Apple) then give the Q10 and OS10 a try?
    08-28-13 11:47 PM
    If you found the 8520 "buggy" then you'll find the Q10 awful, like I did. BB recently cut its production due to underwhelming market acceptance of Blackberry 10, and I got 5 weeks of hands-on experience to learn firsthand why the market uptake is so slow.

Comparatively speaking, here are the advantages of the 9900:
    (1) OS7 is a far more intuitive user experience. The Q10 was really designed to be an engineer's Rubik's cube, with cryptic icons, bizarre gestures, and a schizophrenic user interface that techiies will love to decipher but the rest of us hate. There is no icon for Mail, though there is one for Calendar and Text Messages. This "hub" thing is pretty stupid, designed for ADD-afflicted kids who need a constant obsessive-compulsive distraction in their hands. The hub is basically a weird replacement for the OS7 row of icons (Text/Facebook/Email notification icons). In summary, BB10 is tantamount to BMW's iDrive system: they went out of their way to try to eliminate useful buttons, and made basic functionality challenging as a result.

All of the above is said having made it *past* through the first week of hell, when the device functionality can barely be comprehended. I suspect 90% of the store returns came from new users who simply gave up after 48 hours.

(2) BB10 was really designed to be a touch-only UI. You will find out in time that BB10 was kludged to accommodate a keyboard, unlike OS7, which naturally relied on a keyboard. There is no harmony between the gestures in BB10 and the Q10 hardware.

(3) Lack of speed dial. This is absolutely stupid. Incredibly stupid. I can't say how stupid this is.

(4) Lack of Google Maps or Blackberry Traffic. The Blackberry Maps program is awful. Try searching for "nearest grocery store" and you'll get hundreds of wrong results (ice cream shops, liquor stores, etc). Again, cryptic icons, and unintuitive design. If you're using BB Maps while driving, wear a helmet and drive slowly. You'll probably crash due to Maps-induced driver distraction.

(5) Inferior calendar: On our BB10 enterprise system at work, calendar does not show the availability of others when scheduling a meeting.

(6) Lack of Auto-off/Auto-on: not a problem if you don't mind getting calls from the Far East at 3:15AM.

(7) Lack of a floating button on the side: On the 9900, I configured mine for quick access to turn on/off the ringer volume. In BB10, this requires several clicks to get down to the Ringer on/off submenu. Again, like changing radio stations with the BMW iDrive, they took something simple and made it overly complicated. Big step backwards.

(8) The BB10 on/off slider buttons barely work half the time. I usually have to flick over and over for them to work. The OS7 checkmark boxes (e.g. Bluetooth on/off) worked perfectly. Poor software design.

(9) Inferior BB Bridge pairing with Playbook. No BBM or SMS bridging.

(10) The Q10`s AMOLED display is not bright and does not work very well in full outdoor daylight.

Blackberry peaked in 2011 with the 9810, 9900, and Playbook. It's hard to believe the Q10 and Z10 were 2+ years late and so underwhelming at the same time. I'm really disappointed, but sticking with a 9900 because it's the most pragmatic productivity smartphone out there. Maybe Blackberry will do something better in 2014 if they're still around.

George H.
    All of the above and then some.
    However after 3+ weeks with my new Q10 I've learned some work arounds, patience (meaning I just have to take more time doing BASIC functions I shouldn't have too) and Most impoirtant..... return the phone to The carrier before the opportunity to do so expires. In my case I had 15 days to return it. I thought I was smart and could just figure it out..... NOPE I'm not smart I guess and I'm also now stuck with a Q10 until I save enough money to move on.
    08-29-13 01:34 PM
    All of the above and then some.
    However after 3+ weeks with my new Q10 I've learned some work arounds, patience (meaning I just have to take more time doing BASIC functions I shouldn't have too) and Most impoirtant..... return the phone to The carrier before the opportunity to do so expires. In my case I had 15 days to return it. I thought I was smart and could just figure it out..... NOPE I'm not smart I guess and I'm also now stuck with a Q10 until I save enough money to move on.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I signed up for t-mobile jump so that I can upgrade my phone in a few months rather than waiting 2 years. I'm headed to the Galaxy Note 3!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 05:19 AM
    last month ,i was a 9900 user..
    then i sell my 9900 to get Q10 at 3-oct,
    after use it..
    i sell my Q10 at 6 okt and buy 9900 again..

my reason only 1..
    Blackberry Q10 not supported BIS..

I need Blackberry only for email,i got Note 2 at my second handle..
    So,since Blackberry 10 not supported BIS,
    its no use for me,because Email handle is same like my Note 2(using microsoft exchange/activesync)
    im testing both device Q10 and 9900 accepting large frequently emails (30 email per hour)
    9900 is the winning...its faster
    so 9900 with os 7 using BIS is good for me..
    Last edited by shine2007; 10-08-13 at 05:08 AM.
    10-08-13 04:36 AM
    Buy the Q10, it represents the future of BlackBerry. BBOS will only have support for a limited amount of time and BB10 is good now and constantly improving.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 05:24 AM
    Now THIS post is grounded in reality!

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    10-08-13 07:09 AM
    It's been about 2 months now, and I'm so glad I bought the q10!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and CarGuy1368 like this.
    10-14-13 10:17 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I signed up for t-mobile jump so that I can upgrade my phone in a few months rather than waiting 2 years. I'm headed to the Galaxy Note 3!

Posted via CB10
    You can upgrade when ever you want not when you're told. If you paid off the Q10 then jump is 3 dollars to waste every month. Just get the Note 3 with the money you make buy selling the Q10, or use it a a superior keyboard equipped backup device. Trust me you are gonna hate the stock sammysung keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:18 AM
    You shouldn't buy to Q10: lost a lot of functionality comparing to BB7 and it's not mature and evolved enough IMHO. And there are a LOT of problems with the keyboard of it.

I use de Q10 since June, but I prefer a BB7 device, such as de 97xx or the 99xx.
    10-15-13 08:42 AM
    You shouldn't buy to Q10: lost a lot of functionality comparing to BB7 and it's not mature and evolved enough IMHO. And there are a LOT of problems with the keyboard of it.

I use de Q10 since June, but I prefer a BB7 device, such as de 97xx or the 99xx.
    why misleading people! i own both BB7 (9790) and the Q10 what i can say Q10 is much better, smooth has more features and no need Bis to get apps working,BB7 is mature and has got nice feature but it's far away from Q10 power and potentiality.

Q10 best keyboard phone ever
    10-15-13 08:51 AM
    I use my BB9900 for work/emails and after trying the Q10 I had to go back to the 9900. I don't have the luxury or patience to prolong my hectic schedule with a phone that makes it harder to accomplish the tasks it is intended for which is work related. The 9900's track pad also offered another faster/easier navigation option when needed to the 100% touch screen the Q10 has. Blackberry can not compete on any other level besides being a business/work oriented phone manufacturer making our lives easier......we have iphones for everything else.
    12-03-13 08:09 PM
    I have been using both until recently. The 9900 is a great phone, but not in the same league at the Q.

On the other hand, you can probably get a 9900 pretty cheap. Mine is on ebay now at $3.00 if you are on Verizon

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:14 PM
    That's really hard to answer, this coming from someone who kept their 9900 activated when I purchased the Q10.

What the Q doesn't do the 9900 does perfectly. And vis a versa.

But I'd say get the Q10, you're coming in just as some amazing things are happening within BB10.
    So you won't really miss the greatness of the 9900, what I mean is you won't constantly compare the two because you haven't experienced the 9900.
    I think the Q is slowly becoming if not more like but greater than the Bold.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:21 PM
    Hey I know it's a bit of a learning curve for you because your accustomed to os7 but if you really give os10 a spin you'll actually find it more efficient and streamlines.
    Perhaps take the wekend to play around with it!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-04-13 07:22 AM
    Hi everyone,
    Im looking to get a new phone, definitely a blackberry. I had a curve 8520 two years ago and have now been using a iphone 4 for the past 6 months or so. I really liked the curve, my only problems with it was just that it was pretty buggy sort of. The whole experience just wasnt as smooth as with an iphone. But i really like the keyboard, efficiency and just how it looks so much more professional. In one word i would call blackberrys doers. It gets things done. Thats what i liked.
    Now Ive been looking to go back to a blackberry. I want a q10 because its just newer and I assume its better. However, Im also considering a bold 9900. Im a 17 year old highschool student so i dont have that much money the q10 is twice as much as the bold. MY QUESTION is whether i should just get a bold 9900 for $300 or go ahead and shell out $600 for the new q10. Is the q10 worth twice as much as the bold 9900. Ive never used either so im hoping to get an answer form someone whos used both. Do you prefer one over the other. IS the q10 worth the money
    Get the Q10
    12-04-13 08:05 AM
    Get 9900.. it's still the best. Z and Q rates are falling.

gsvc2000
    12-04-13 08:11 AM
    Both are great, but gotta go with the Q10! No doubt about it.
    12-04-13 08:13 AM
    Q10.perfect.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:15 AM
    I never had the 9900, but I went from a 9790 to a Q10 and I would never go back. I am not one for reading manuals, but the Q10 was so easy to learn. All hands on. The trackpad is so "old school". Don't need it.

BTW, I love my Q10 and would not think of changing it during my 2 year contract.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:02 PM
    I have a Z10 and the 9900...funnily enough I bought the 9900 after the z10 simply because as I read more an more bb10 forums the 9900 kept getting mentioned and while playing around with one a t mobile realized how well the physical keyboard worked...I also have a playbook and to be honest the pairing of the bold 9900 and the playbook basically covers the same ground in functionality as the z10 and then some. An example is the tasks app on the 9900 and shortcutme 6 which is far far far! more versatile on bb0s7 than bb10. Also, considering how cheap 9900s if bbos7 has the core functionality you need I suggest getting the 9900. I mean even Crackberry, who would be the first to praise the q10, say the 9900 is still the better communication device.....and that's saying a lot.
    12-04-13 01:33 PM
    Depends on your needs really. The 9900 is slower than the Q. No 4G, spinning clock, etc.

Also, if staying organized is important and you use the calendar a lot, the Q is much more functional.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:07 PM
    It's been about 2 months now, and I'm so glad I bought the q10!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I was reading through the thread and waiting for OP follow up response and here it is. Good for you that you like the Q10. I personally would have chosen a really cheap 9780, or anything legacy, and paired it with a laptop or Android tablet of some kind.
    12-04-13 05:31 PM
    Interesting. Why would you want to pair a slow legacy device with a tablet? To me that is one of the biggest advantages of a BB10 device, pairing with a tablet.
    I was reading through the thread and waiting for OP follow up response and here it is. Good for you that you like the Q10. I personally would have chosen a really cheap 9780, or anything legacy, and paired it with a laptop or Android tablet of some kind.

Posted via CB10
    snejpa likes this.
    12-04-13 05:49 PM
    Interesting. Why would you want to pair a slow legacy device with a tablet? To me that is one of the biggest advantages of a BB10 device, pairing with a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    My Q10 has never managed to hold a stable Bridge connection to my Playbook and for that reason alone I would prefer a legacy device which performs admirably in similar cases. I would still get a Playbook first but for the OP something more multimedia would be better.
    12-04-13 06:47 PM
    You said to pair with An Android tablet, so that means the Mobile Hotspot. It's as stable as it gets and it's 4G. Legacy phones are slooooow.
    My Q10 has never managed to hold a stable Bridge connection to my Playbook and for that reason alone I would prefer a legacy device which performs admirably in similar cases.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 06:51 PM
128 1234 ...