I bought a Q10 when it was first released and am thinking of getting another new one because I haven't heard about a predecessor for it. Although I've had my issues with my Q10, if I could only keep one phone, I'd give up my iPhone.

Is there a new version of the Q10 on the way?

Thoughts??

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 03:42 PM
    Have you looked at the Classic and Passport.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-12-15 03:55 PM
    The Passport, Classic and Q5 all have keyboards and are predecessors to the Q10.
    07-12-15 04:52 PM
    I bought a Q10 when it was first released and am thinking of getting another new one because I haven't heard about a predecessor for it. Although I've had my issues with my Q10, if I could only keep one phone, I'd give up my iPhone.

Is there a new version of the Q10 on the way?

Thoughts??

Posted via CB10
    I am an ardent fan of the Q, despite the foibles. Very much like the PKB, the size, one handed use, the removable battery, etc. In fact I have another coming soon for stock - just in case one of the Q's dies or as it seems increasingly more likely, the Q form factor is finished and gone the way of the Dodo.

However, each to his or her own.
    07-12-15 09:15 PM
    I say go for it. The price can't be beat.
    07-13-15 12:17 PM
    I am an ardent fan of the Q, despite the foibles. Very much like the PKB, the size, one handed use, the removable battery, etc. In fact I have another coming soon for stock - just in case one of the Q's dies or as it seems increasingly more likely, the Q form factor is finished and gone the way of the Dodo.

However, each to his or her own.
    Just like me

Posted via Q10Bold
    07-13-15 12:23 PM
    The Passport, Classic and Q5 all have keyboards and are predecessors to the Q10.
    Ehm... no, no and definitely no.

The passport is an all new device. It has better hardware specs, but the form factor is something completely else. Also it has just a three row kb.

The Classic could be called an predecessor, but it lacks better hardware specs. And therefore isn't really an upgrade. Only if you prefer a better battery life, a slightly bigger screen and the toolbelt over the handiness and the removable battery of the Q10.

The Q5 is in fact a downgrade. Not just hardware wise, but also the built quality isn't comparable to the Q10....
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-13-15 12:53 PM
    I thank you all for the responses. The Passport is much too big and as for the classic, I don't see why the trackpad is needed as it just takes up space. The Q5 is hideous.

I think that the Q10 will live on for a very long time in all its glorious beauty!!

Posted via CB10
    markus2107 likes this.
    07-13-15 05:52 PM
    I thought they were all descendants of the Q10. I may be wrong, but I thought the Q came first and PP, Classic and 5 followed. In any event, each user must decide what they need, and then select the phone that best answers the needs.

In any event, if the Q does answer your needs, go for it! I long ago learned to select the piece of technology that solved my issues and then essentially stopped looking at the "improvements", "upgrades", etc until I NEEDED an upgrade. Technology, perhaps more than anything, sells upgrades and advances that are minimal at best, or unfortunately fix a bug that should have never seen the light of day. I say unfortunately because with better testing or slightly longer product cycles, the issue would have been solved before asking the customer to become a de facto beta tester.

We as people get caught up in the hype, the spec race, etc. and suddenly believe the device that answered all our needs when we woke up this morning is suddenly obsolete.

Just my two cents.
    markus2107 likes this.
    07-13-15 06:41 PM
    Q10-Q5-PP-Classic, in that order and only mentioning the last PKB devices

CB10 - Passport
    07-13-15 11:17 PM
    The Q5 is in fact a downgrade. Not just hardware wise, but also the built quality isn't comparable to the Q10....
    I am on the fence on this. Sure, the "specs" are below the Q10... but the kb is rock solid and much less prone to dt.
    This alone makes the Q5 a desirable device.
    I want a kb that works flawlessly like my Curve8900 did.
    07-14-15 12:28 AM
    I've used the q10 for years. But now the classic! It's much better and faster.

You can't go wrong with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 01:00 AM
    IMO The Q10's screen size sux. Things are just way too squashed. Go for the Classic rather.
    07-14-15 01:07 AM
    I have the Classic and Q10. I love both, but prefer the Classic for my daily driver.

One issue on the Classic that I was disappointed with pre-purchase is the lack of a removable battery, but it turned out to be a non-issue because the battery lasts so long, always gets me through the day.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-14-15 03:57 AM
    They would be successors to the Q10, the predecessor would be the Bold series!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 04:52 AM
    They would be successors to the Q10, the predecessor would be the Bold series!

Posted via CB10
    Correct.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-14-15 08:47 AM