Over 2 months with my Q10 and I just don't love it. Can't get used to the huge icons and wasted screen space as well as there not being an option to delete emails only on device and not server. Going back to 9930 Bold for a while until there is some sort of a major OS update.

All my searches to find out how to transfer the contacts from Q10 to Bold come up empty. Blackberry Link isn't helpful since it only supports OS10 devices... If somebody has a suggestion please post up.

First time ever I'm actually going back from new device to last generation, it actually feels really good, missed my workhorse phone !!!
    08-14-13 10:58 AM
    theres already a thread for posts like this
    08-14-13 11:00 AM
    Just noticed, my bad, if a mod wants to remove it feel free...
    08-14-13 11:06 AM
    Did you try BlackBerry Protect for transferring your contacts?
    08-14-13 12:36 PM
    Did you try BlackBerry Protect for transferring your contacts?
    I just looked into it. On Q10 using Protect only has one option to "Restore". I don't see an option to "Back Up" the data to later restore to the Bold.
    08-14-13 12:45 PM
    Seems just blutooth, nfc, or sim card options for transferring back. If you take the surveys on beta zone they ask about the option to delete on handheld only, personally I have slowly migrated to email only on my phone so it's not really a big deal to me.

So far I am a huge fan of my Q10 but there are certain features I miss from 7.1 like way more customizable notifications

Posted Via CB10 - Q10
    08-14-13 12:51 PM
    I watched the whole podcast from the "experts" at Crackberry on their review of the Q10. Everything sounded positive so I upgraded from my Torch to the Q 10. I previously owned a Blackberry Curve. I love the size and feel of the Q10 but the lack of features that were really usefu and easy to use on my Torch seem to be missing. I also hate that I cannot delete messages from my handheld and keep them in my email and there does not appear to be a way to select a group of messages to delete, only delete all. I use my phone as a device to show new messages, which really helps when you get 50 or so emails per day. In addition I have not figured out how to zoom on a web page and still be able to move around the page, which makes it impossible to use if the site is not set up for mobile connections. Another big failure is that when you are typing a text, when you reach the 3rd or 4th line in the message, what you are typing does not show up in the window unless you stop typing and scroll the window. I am also not happy with having to wipe and swipe to close windows(sometimes I do the same movement 3 times to get the result I want) and getting back to a home screen is a real PAIN. I really miss the fixed keys and at a minimum they should have replicated these on the touch screen. I am very dissapointed as I truly thought this would be an upgrade and take me to G4 speeds. I also have experianced dropped calls when stationary in a good signal area. I am not confident the reception is as good as my Torch. I was able to transfer my data using BlackBerry Link so thats not one of the issues as mentioned in the previous post. Lastly the sim card is a different size than used in the Torch and Curve. I like having a back up phone or another phone to use when I am doing extreme outdoor activities and not being able to swap the sim into one of my older phones is a real negative for me. I am planning to return my Q10 and hope that Blackberry can resolve these issues on future releases. It is not as hard as switching to a Androind Galaxy or Iphone (which I previously tried) but pretty close in my opinion.
    08-14-13 01:16 PM
    Sell it to me.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-14-13 01:24 PM

So far I am a huge fan of my Q10 but there are certain features I miss from 7.1 like way more customizable notifications

Posted Via CB10 - Q10
    I agree with this! Notifications are lame on this phone. Many of them are just the same sound at a different pitch. And there's no option to get notifications over the loudspeaker with headphones plugged in. The lack of options, the lack of sounds...it kind of boggles my mind. Makes the designers look lazy. Either that or maybe they thought they were gonna attract a whole new customer base and it doesn't mater what you used to be able to do on the older devices. I don't get it.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-14-13 01:33 PM
    So after trying a couple of more things I gave up on using some system to transfer the contacts and just tried to remember who I had added to my contacts list in the last 2 months then manually added them to Bold.

I've been back on the Bold for half a day already and I'm really glad to have my old phone back, everything functions and looks better than on Q10. I do catch myself trying to exit out of stuff by sliding up... lol... SO NICE to have copy paste back too! And you can actually see more than 2 lines of text when typing... yeey lol
    08-14-13 01:41 PM
    What model q? I'd take it if right price etc

Q10 SQN100-2 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-14-13 02:46 PM
    Verizon Q10. No damage or signs of usage on the phone whatsoever, brand new condition.
    08-14-13 02:54 PM
    Will pm ya when home. See what we could work out.

Q10 SQN100-2 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-14-13 03:12 PM
    I watched the whole podcast from the "experts" at Crackberry on their review of the Q10. Everything sounded positive so I upgraded from my Torch to the Q 10. I previously owned a Blackberry Curve. I love the size and feel of the Q10 but the lack of features that were really usefu and easy to use on my Torch seem to be missing. I also hate that I cannot delete messages from my handheld and keep them in my email and there does not appear to be a way to select a group of messages to delete, only delete all. I use my phone as a device to show new messages, which really helps when you get 50 or so emails per day. In addition I have not figured out how to zoom on a web page and still be able to move around the page, which makes it impossible to use if the site is not set up for mobile connections. Another big failure is that when you are typing a text, when you reach the 3rd or 4th line in the message, what you are typing does not show up in the window unless you stop typing and scroll the window. I am also not happy with having to wipe and swipe to close windows(sometimes I do the same movement 3 times to get the result I want) and getting back to a home screen is a real PAIN. I really miss the fixed keys and at a minimum they should have replicated these on the touch screen. I am very dissapointed as I truly thought this would be an upgrade and take me to G4 speeds. I also have experianced dropped calls when stationary in a good signal area. I am not confident the reception is as good as my Torch. I was able to transfer my data using BlackBerry Link so thats not one of the issues as mentioned in the previous post. Lastly the sim card is a different size than used in the Torch and Curve. I like having a back up phone or another phone to use when I am doing extreme outdoor activities and not being able to swap the sim into one of my older phones is a real negative for me. I am planning to return my Q10 and hope that Blackberry can resolve these issues on future releases. It is not as hard as switching to a Androind Galaxy or Iphone (which I previously tried) but pretty close in my opinion.
    As far as allllll this
    1 you can have groups of messages if you set you hub to conversation (groups emails together)
    2 you should be able to pinch zoom and move around webpages, mine does, and double tap a text column and it auto zooms to that width
    3 mine definitely auto scrolls as you type
    4 I think you'll find the swipes take practice, I miss very few now
    5 if you swipe right starting on the back or menu button (far left bottom corner) it take you all the way back (there is an article and nice video on this)
    6 I can't say I have had any dropped calls with bell
    7 there are sim adapters, get a good one, to adapt to full size sim for in older phones

Posted Via CB10 - Q10
    08-14-13 03:23 PM
    I think it was pretty clear that the BB10 was not going to have a good number of features from past blackberry keyboard devices. I read crackberry's review on the Q10 and it was more of a review geared toward users coming from other devices outside of blackberry previous devices. They did touch on some of the issue you raised, but it seems they were too willing to put up with the lost of those features for the simple fact that blackberry released a keyboard device with BB10. It has not help matters that some people on crackberry have been too willing to flame people who missed features from previous blackberrys.

I think there is some hope that some features that we loved in BBOS devices will be added to BB10, but if you are going to purchase a Q10 or Q5, at this point, keep in mind what features it has at present and not what it might get in the future. Given the whole playbook BB10 mess, nothing is for sure until it is released.
    Last edited by ChainPunch; 08-22-13 at 06:42 PM.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    08-14-13 07:24 PM
    What Q10 version are you shelving? I'll take it off your hands.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:14 PM
    What Q10 version are you shelving? I'll take it off your hands.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon. Black.

I'm not 100% sure about selling. I'm hoping there's an OS update soon that makes the phone good enough for me to reactivate. Although holding on to it probably makes it worth less and less...
    LuisCast likes this.
    08-15-13 11:08 AM