I just installed a gold keyboard on my Q10, but I seem to have a shallower key strokes than before. I also need to use more force to type on the keyboard.

I am trying to decide if it would get better after a break in period, or I should just get a new keyboard.

Do you have any recommendations on keyboard dealers?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 11:29 AM
    There are a lot of online suppliers for replacement parts. Look for one that states their parts are OEM, then look for reviews on them. Many 3rd party replacements will not be up to OEM standards.
    12-12-15 05:03 PM
    There are a lot of online suppliers for replacement parts. Look for one that states their parts are OEM, then look for reviews on them. Many 3rd party replacements will not be up to OEM standards.
    And to piggy back on that comment, a gold q10 keyboard is more then likely not OEM standards. The one I installed on a white Q10 doesn't light up for example.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 06:16 PM
    I just installed a gold keyboard on my Q10, but I seem to have a shallower key strokes than before. I also need to use more force to type on the keyboard.

I am trying to decide if it would get better after a break in period, or I should just get a new keyboard.

Do you have any recommendations on keyboard dealers?

Posted via CB10
    I recently ordered a replacement keyboard for my Q10. Black with the gold frets. When I first installed it, I noticed a couple of the keys were hard to press down on. After about a month and a half, the keys have seemed to loosen up a bit and are now a joy to type on and all keys are functioning with the same downward pressure. Good bye double typing and hyper sensitive keys. I would say give it time to break in first before buying another replacement keyboard. Good luck!

Posted via Q10 SQN100-2/Z10 STL 100-3
    12-14-15 11:17 PM
    Thing is that almost every keyboard on the Q10 feel different. The white and black differ and even the blacks that I have on different devices don't feel exactly the same.

Some double type quickly some don't. Quality control on these things isn't the best if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 02:11 PM