Last weekend I've downloaded the official 10.3.1.1565 version on my Q10. I was glad suprised that the alarm option was back in the calendar. So far, so good. But I've tried to set some alarms on different dates, but I found out that you can only set an alarm on the current date ('today'). Is that a bug or 'as designed' or do I overlook something? Thank you!

PS: I don't mean the alarm of an appointment, but the new alarm which you can set as a reminder for something (to don't forget a TV show or something)
    Last edited by MarcelQ10; 02-24-15 at 03:20 AM.
    02-24-15 02:10 AM
    Just use the "Go to date" at the bottom of the screen, then you can set an alarm for that day. I just tested it.
    02-24-15 12:23 PM
    I've just tried this, but when I'm adding an alarm this way, it will only be set on tommorrow, not on the just selected date...I've tried many other ways, but I don't understand this strange behaviour... shoot me!
    02-24-15 01:56 PM
    Alarm doesn't have a setting for Date. For your purpose you're better off setting a Task with a Reminder/due date.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    02-24-15 02:04 PM
    I've just tried this, but when I'm adding an alarm this way, it will only be set on tommorrow, not on the just selected date...I've tried many other ways, but I don't understand this strange behaviour... shoot me!
    My apologies -- you're correct. When I tested it, I simply chose tomorrow's date from the "go to date".
    02-24-15 02:18 PM
    Is there any plan for this to be addressed. I cannot believe that this functionality has been removed by Blackberry software. I have searched the app store and there does not seem to be anything there either. I want to be able to set a alarm for a specific day and time, choose the display name for the alarm, choose the alarm sound, and any relevant reoccurance. The only way the add alarm function works now within calendar is if you do choose a re-occurrence, otherwise it does not matter what date you select first, it will put the alarm on tomorrows date.
    05-18-15 01:54 AM
    No way? That is an awesome bug. Can you escalate it with Blackberry support?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:06 AM
    How?
    05-18-15 01:26 PM
    My guess is : alarms are different from reminders. Both will appear in the calendar, but alarms will be more like, well, alarm clocks. To use reminders, you will need to go through Remember. Again, this is only a guess, but I consistently use Remember for my tasks and reminders and it does the job very well.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:20 PM
    The issue with using Remember or Calendar is that you cannot associate a specific audible sound to a specific reminder/action. You can have a sound, but it would be whatever sound you set globally in the Notifications options in the phone. This is just barely next to useless. Most people would have different classes of reminders in their calenders. I for instance have ones that are time sensitive like medical appointments or conference calls, and others that are just general action items that should be done in the next 'while'. On previous Blackberries, I set the alarms for the time critical appointments and set an associated sound to them. I could even choose the sound depending on the type of appointment. The rest of the non-critical 'reminders' would not have a sound and would just pop up a visual reminder on screen that I could dismiss or snooze etc. I suspect that those that are stating the Reminder meets their needs, have not fully utilized the organizational functionality of previous versions of the software (or are not heavy MS Outlook users - has same functionality) or perhaps have simple schedules without a lot of time sensitive reminders. I have probably 50 general reminders a week and at least 6-10 time sensitive reminders a week. If I just set a sound for all reminders, my phone would be going off continuously and I would loose the ability to differentiate. This is a really big deal and is a pretty stupid deletion by the BB programmers.
    05-18-15 03:38 PM
    Wow, this seems like some next level reminders usage here. I believe they simply haven't thought of it. It can't be qualified as a "stupid deletion", because the Java-based OS 7 has nothing whatsoever to do with the QNX based BB10. It's been done basically from scratch. But you know, post it at a few key places all over different BlackBerry websites, and it will show up in one of the next software updates. I'm confident.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 04:09 PM
    I am pretty sure they DID think of it because it is there just not working. In calendar, you can add an alarm. It is just buggy and does not add to the day selected but to always 'tomorrow'. I also do not buy that not deletion. If you rewrite software from scratch, the onus is on the programmer to ensure the new version has at least the functionality of the old version. I say this as a past programmer.
    05-18-15 04:15 PM
    No reason to be unfriendly mate. It may be a bug, one of the few imho which are remaining on BB10. I think very few people use alarms as much as you seem to, which might explain that it's taking so long to get solved. As a current programmer, I can assure you that this a thousand times the complexity of a simple piece of software. Ever tried writing an OS from scratch? It's beyond comparison. It's humanly impossible to implement all the features of the first one into the second without a certain time of testing.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 04:33 PM
    Not trying to be unfriendly. Just trying to state facts. This does seem to be a big deal to a lot of people based on the number of forum entries on the net dedicated to it. This is a phone that caters to business and this is a basic business need. I totally agree not a small task to build OS. But this has been an outstanding issue for at least 6 months now (which I knew before I bought the phone). While we are at it, another bit of missing functionality is auto off and on. Bedside table is not same thing. But I digress
    05-18-15 04:47 PM