I'd like to know if anyone else is facing this issue. My q10 reboots if I lay it on a table or I drop it accidentally from my desk to a carpeted floor. Let me be clear that in no way am I 'hard' on my q10 and I am not rough with it. Sometimes I set it on a table and it reboots on me. Does this happen to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:19 PM
    Actually this did happen to me as well with my old Q10. It also kept blowing the ear piece speaker so after a few repairs from Rogers they gave me a refurbished Q10. The phone I have now has been solid except it occasionally has the double typing issue you can read about elsewhere.

Posted via white Q10 running 10.2.2.1531
    09-12-14 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Good to know it's not just mine. As for double type, I used to have that issue and now I just have an issue during Sms that once I press Enter and I type quickly the last word appears on the next text message

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:38 PM
    Place a small bit of thick paper above your battery top edge. It should tighten the battery.

Proof? I did the same and it works for me.

Q10 \m/
    09-12-14 09:58 PM
    Best to get a replacement if possible ! Happens to a lot of Q10, but first try the paper trick.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 10:25 PM
    Absolutely, I've had this issue. I put in the business card behind the battery, but very occasionally - usually when I'm frustrated, and thus the worst possible time - it will still happen. But the card definitely improved the situation. So long as I'm a little careful - and frankly I don't want to be slamming my phone down anyway - it doesn't happen.

I occasionally do get a letter double-typing, but oddly I think it's more a sensitivity issue. Hard to tell, because if I just sit there and type one letter over and over deliberately, it doesn't happen.

For the record, I absolutely love the Q10 despite these issues.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 11:28 PM
    ^ Same issue with me as well.

Mind you, I replaced my keyboard not too long ago.

If I deliberately hit one letter at a time followed by the spacebar, it doesn't happen. but typing words, it does.

Weird. Even though I stay behind the "Hardware Issue" side of things. I do feel at times this might be software related as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:25 AM
    Mine reboots and though when I feel the battery at the back don't seem loose I tried the paper trick and ever since no accidental reboot even If I put it a Lil hard on the table.

via Q10
    09-14-14 12:46 AM
    The best way to fix the problem is to clean the contacts on the phone, and the battery. I used a very fine emery cloth. The problem with the paper trick is that it doesn't do anything for the root of the problem...

What happens is that as the battery moves around, you eventually get poor connection points where the contacts meet the battery tabs...developing layer of...'corrosion'...

You need to clean this away first, then correct the cause...a battery that can move...what I used is a strap of furnace duct tape..(the aluminum kind, not the Red Green kind).

Make sure that you don't cover the NFC contacts...and if you find the tape too thick to close the door, put the tape piece over something flat and solid (on wax paper if the tape doesn't have a backing on the sticky part)...and thin it out...I used a hammer to achieve this.

I haven't had any issues with reception quality, but if you use a big enough piece you might..my strip is about 1cm wide...this tape is best as it doesn't flex or stretch like other types of tape...

...I haven't had a reboot ever since with my Q10...and it gets banged around a lot on the job...like most above, a sudden hard bump would often set it into a reboot...

...hope this can help...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    Last edited by HabsFan9860; 09-14-14 at 01:18 PM.
    bbmtna likes this.
    09-14-14 12:57 AM
    Happens to me everytime I put the phone down on a marble surface, never happened to me on a woody surface thou. For me it's not really a problem (yet) since I don't really have many marble surfaces and I always keep my phone in my pocket, happened maybe 3-4 times.

Posted via Q10
    09-14-14 05:10 AM
    It happens to my Q10 also. It doesn't need to be a hard surface necessarily either. It's not the biggest problem I've had
    09-14-14 05:31 AM
    Try stuff something between the battery and the back cover.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 06:56 AM
    Try stuff something between the battery and the back cover.

Posted via CB10
    Not a good idea, as it may warp the cover, and bugger with the NFC contacts.

09-14-14 01:19 PM
    Happens to me everytime I put the phone down on a marble surface, never happened to me on a woody surface thou. For me it's not really a problem (yet) since I don't really have many marble surfaces and I always keep my phone in my pocket, happened maybe 3-4 times.

Posted via Q10
    ...it eventually gets worse unfortunately...(at least mine did)...started out as just really hard bumps...then after it would happen after dropping it onto the couch...lol

09-14-14 01:20 PM
    It used to do every time I placed it on a table, I have done the paper thing under the battery and the phone (not under the cover) and it has never reset again.
    09-14-14 06:55 PM
    I was plagued with this issue as well.

I ended up replacing the battery, only because I bought a charging bundle and wanted for the new battery to be in the Q10. At the same time I went from having my device fully nude to slipping on a Blackberry Hard Shell Case and since then i've yet to see it reboot.
    Heck i've even dropped it twice from 3' in the air.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 08:16 PM
    ...it eventually gets worse unfortunately...(at least mine did)...started out as just really hard bumps...then after it would happen after dropping it onto the couch...lol

Well if it does I'll try the paper thing

Posted via Q10
    09-15-14 05:02 AM