Someone with an iPhone, please help.

Tried sending a pic last night. It was not HDR.

Still haven't received...

I swear it's our phone not receiving the image. I didn't even get the txt with a note saying there's content but it cannot be delivered.

Someone test.

Thanks!!
    07-02-13 03:03 PM
    Someone with an iPhone, please help.

Tried sending a pic last night. It was not HDR.

Still haven't received...

I swear it's our phone not receiving the image. I didn't even get the txt with a note saying there's content but it cannot be delivered.

Someone test.

Thanks!!
    Hi!
    I do not have an iphone but I regularly get pics from friends with all types of phones.
    Was it an MMS? a text with a pic? Do you have MMS enabled on your email acct????
    Was it thru Whatsapp? or some other messenger?
    07-02-13 04:52 PM
    Also what carrier.

In general I have a friend with an iPhone and sometimes don't get his picture messages on my webOS device. This isn't a BB device, this is either an iOS issue, the type of message they are sending, or a network issue. It got to the point where my buddy would email the pic to make sure I got it. Haven't had it happen again in a while, but have had it happen way more than once.

Personally I have noticed issues when I attempt to send a pic (MMS) while over wifi, my wife never gets it (this is webOS not BB10).
    07-02-13 05:31 PM
    I'll have to check with the guy. I did not receive a single one of his messages yesterday, but I am receiving them from others with iPhone. Something must be set wrong on his phone. My iMessage on iPad is off, so the iMessage isnt recognizing that device and sending messages there, so like my other friends with iPhones, their messages should be coming through.

It's weird, but it's my boss, so his loss...I told him to get the Q.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    07-03-13 02:08 PM
    LOL good luck on getting it figured out.
    07-03-13 04:15 PM
    I saw a post about this on Crackberry. It said that if you had an iPhone and used iMessage before, his phone would automatically redirect the messages through Apple's iMessage servers instead of actually sending you the message. There was some way to opt out. Go back through Crackberry's articles of the last couple weeks and it should be there (posted less than a month ago I think).

Posted on my Q10
    07-03-13 05:33 PM
    I saw a post about this on Crackberry. It said that if you had an iPhone and used iMessage before, his phone would automatically redirect the messages through Apple's iMessage servers instead of actually sending you the message. There was some way to opt out. Go back through Crackberry's articles of the last couple weeks and it should be there (posted less than a month ago I think).

Posted on my Q10
    Searched for yesterday. Didn't copy link and too lazy now, but I logged into apple support site and unregistered my iPhone.

*Note, I have had no issues with my gf's iPhone 4S. I am extremely pissed about this, and so is my boss, who now cannot text me. Who knows who else has tried to text me. Even when the iPhone 5 says "sent as text message," I do not receive them. Settings are correct on both phones, it has to be apple's messaging servers screwing with me. I am going to write a letter to them, although I wont get any response. Or, I may write it on iMore.

This is bull. I will never buy another apple product. They cannot be trusted.
    07-08-13 10:48 AM
    Just my .02 from a similar experience;

While using an iPhone 4S, then LG Nexus 4, and now a Q10, I've had the same issue with someone out of state using an iPhone 4 on another network. Duplicated texts, disappearing texts, texts days later or not at all. My Nexus 4 on ATT wouldn't play nice, either. Literally days to send an MMS for no reason, changed apns etc. But that was everyone, same network or not, for that device.

Tl;dr/ networks cause problems sometimes

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 11:07 AM
    I've not received multiple photos in a multi-photo text, before. Singles aren't usually an issue, but often some are left out when sent from iphone to my q10.
    07-08-13 11:28 AM
    I've not received multiple photos in a multi-photo text, before. Singles aren't usually an issue, but often some are left out when sent from iphone to my q10.
    singles and retries are an issue for me iphone 5 only. matter of fact, no iphone 5 can txt me sms or mms. it's bologna...idk what to do. I'm angered.
    07-08-13 02:34 PM
    singles and retries are an issue for me iphone 5 only. matter of fact, no iphone 5 can txt me sms or mms. it's bologna...idk what to do. I'm angered.
    That is weird.... my buddy I had the MMS issues with was on a 4 or 4s... never had the text issues that I know of, and was just texting back and forth with my mom this morning and she is on a 5, don't think I have MMSd with her yet though, so we will see. (This is all on a Z and previous MMS issues on Pre3, just to be clear for anyone trying to duplicate)
    07-10-13 11:17 AM

To turn off iMessage on an iPhone: Settings > Messages > turn off iMessage. Then everything goes out as a regular text or mms message.
    Posted on my Q10
    07-10-13 11:37 AM