Sheesh if he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. I'd hate to be pressured or made feel like I cant choose for myself what's best. He tried it, he didn't like it, and he chose to return to his Q10. It's no big deal. He said the pp was a nice device, it just wasn't for him no matter how many hours he had it. It's his choice and that's okay! We all like what we like. That should be respected. Not everyone wants a big phone. It is what it is.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    No one is pressuring him - he was the one that was wondering if 12 hours was a fair shot so people are only commenting on that.
    I didn't think the phone's size and specs were such a big secret that no one knew anything about it to form a decision to purchase and only give it 12 hours. I'm not saying there is anything bad about not liking the phone and returning it just that 12 hrs is very little time to try something that is a totally new form factor. Heck, it took me well over 2 weeks to get to like mine and I was already use to a big phone (Note 3) which imo was a piece of crap but hey, that again is my opinion.
    11-19-14 08:56 PM
    Because I have the ability to return it if I don't like it and found 0 stores in the tri state area that had it on display? How else was I supposed to hold/feel the device in person?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly... if only BlackBerry would find a way to have them on display for consumers to hold first... like virtually every other gadget on the planet (I know... crazy idea) they wouldn't have these problems.

I don't blame you a bit for ordering and returning... the only freakin way BlackBerry lets you try one on for size.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-19-14 09:01 PM
    Yup... I usually get service near 14th, 34th, 42nd and 59th. it's really my time to catch up on personal emails/text messages before getting home. Lol I usually stand between the two seats in front of the door at the end of the train car I'm in. Sadly today that wasn't the case.

Posted via CB10
    Haha yeah Penn, grand central, and 59th and lex are pretty much the three most reliable stations I get service as well

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:02 PM
    IMO the Classic may be the better product for the OP.
    It seems that there is a problem related to the Passport for ordinary typing.
    The Classic will have a better feel, instantly.

There is no harm to try the new product. If there is a return option, so much the better with no regrets
    11-19-14 09:05 PM
    LOL... because the Earth would slip off its axis because (oh, the horror!) OP didn't give it more than 12 hours.

It is possible to know if you like an item in much less than 12 hours. Seriously.
    Seriously. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it.
    Sometimes it just doesn't feel right.

Plus, the Q10 is a great phone .

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:16 PM
    This is the typical response I expect from you.
    Common sense? Thanks.

I know it's hard for some to grasp, but one should not feel devastated because someone else used their own money in a legitimate manner.
    dmateo likes this.
    11-19-14 09:45 PM
    The funny part is some of these ppl act like I bought it with their $$!!! I actually just took it back out to give it a second shot. It's a big deal to actually activate this phone because I'll be leaving my carrier of over10 years should I decide to actually stay with it. Being fair and giving it until Friday so I'll be tinkering with it a bit more JUST to be fair!!!

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Exactly. You'd think that you stole the money directly from their accounts.

I am curious: what is the "approved" time one must spend on a device for it to be considered a legit try?

Freakin' hilarious...
    11-19-14 09:51 PM
    Thank you all for the constructive feedback. For those of you who are bothered by my spending habits.... kick rocks :-) still using the pp (it's been about a straight hour +.... ) I've decided to give it un til Friday to be fair since I already have it in my possession and it took me about a month just to pull the trigger.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:52 PM
    Every person has their own time period to determine how they feel about a phone. For you 12 hours was sufficient, while others including myself give it a longer trial period. For me 12 hours was just getting familiar with the Passport to where I could not put it down. As a BlackBerry stockholder thanks for giving the phone a try. Maybe the next BB phone will be to your liking.
    11-19-14 10:21 PM
    Every person has their own time period to determine how they feel about a phone. For you 12 hours was sufficient, while others including myself give it a longer trial period. For me 12 hours was just getting familiar with the Passport to where I could not put it down. As a BlackBerry stockholder thanks for giving the phone a try. Maybe the next BB phone will be to your liking.
    Thank you for understanding. I too am a bbry stockholder and have also introduced it into several of my client's portfolios. The device has actually grown on me a bit more than when I initially submitted this post.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:29 PM
    Keep it for a week or so man, I think after that you will not be returning it!!

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    11-19-14 11:05 PM
    I used a Q10 and not going back. You need time to get used to the flicking of the keyboard etc. The Q now is just too small.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-19-14 11:25 PM
    Always trust your gut. If you weren't feeling it then you probably made the right choice for yourself. Plus you said you left the Note 3 because of its size so the Passport would likely present you with a similar problem. The Q10 is a great phone anyway so you can't go wrong.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:35 PM
    No one is pressuring him - he was the one that was wondering if 12 hours was a fair shot so people are only commenting on that.
    I didn't think the phone's size and specs were such a big secret that no one knew anything about it to form a decision to purchase and only give it 12 hours. I'm not saying there is anything bad about not liking the phone and returning it just that 12 hrs is very little time to try something that is a totally new form factor. Heck, it took me well over 2 weeks to get to like mine and I was already use to a big phone (Note 3) which imo was a piece of crap but hey, that again is my opinion.
    It took me 15 minutes test driving a car to decide that I did not like it...I can see how I can make my decision on a phone as well in way less than 12 hours
    11-20-14 01:11 AM
    Exactly... if only BlackBerry would find a way to have them on display for consumers to hold first... like virtually every other gadget on the planet (I know... crazy idea) they wouldn't have these problems.

I don't blame you a bit for ordering and returning... the only freakin way BlackBerry lets you try one on for size.

Posted via CB10
    not a good idea considering that most won't buy it if they try it
    11-20-14 01:13 AM
    To the OP: I fully understand and had a similar situation recently.

I was looking for a small tablet+keyboard and was quite interested by a MiiX 2 (or something like that).
    However, no one was available to try. So I bought one and tried it a home, knowing that I could return it if needed.
    And to my surprise, after not even 2h of use, I realised this was wrong device for me! So I gave it back.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 01:24 AM
    Not sure if I gave it enough of a fair shot... it just didn't do it for me... I switched to BlackBerry from my note 3 for portability and ease of use. I just didn't feel that w the passport. I have a tablet for all of my media and gaming/web consumption. I think I'll stay w my q10 until I see what the specs on the classic are. Just couldn't give up the portability of this awesome device!

Posted via CB10
    I got my q10 out the other day and tried to use it ...........love the phone but couldn't use it as my daily driver again the screen is soooooo small .It took me a few days to get used to the passport size I think like most ppl BUT now there is no way I could not be without it ..............you really really should of give it a few days
    11-20-14 01:39 AM
    Not necessary tht it should suit one n all to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:47 AM
    The power of persuasion. Back in the day everyone was using razors when they first came out and were cool with it, now it's all about bigger is better. See, I don't necessary need a bigger screen but if I keep hearing that I do and seeing it I'll change my mind. But truly it didn't bother me before and then it becomes something I think I need because of the attention it's getting. Idk for some people a bigger screen is not always better, for some people a phone is a phone. Regardless, it's a decision ones makes for themselves! I personally had friends push me towards an iphone and I said no! I don't need an iphone. Same pressure with a note 3 and I said no. I know what I need. I'm sure OP does too.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    Last edited by Marthaelisa17; 11-20-14 at 06:06 AM.
    11-20-14 05:54 AM
    I knew as soon as I seen the comparison pics with the Q10 that it wasn't for me. I mean the device is wider than a note 4 and iphone 6 plus.

I have a 6 year old so if I am doing something on my phone with him around it is usually one handed. Unless you play in the nba I don't see one hand use being possible.

I am sure it is an amazing device and I truly hope everyone that owns one remains happy with it. Just not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:27 AM
    If you honestly have bags or something in one hand and need a one handed device, then 12 hours of plenty of time to realize the Passport isn't for you. In fact, just reading about it would let you know that the only time its really not recommended is when one handed use and size is a concern.

Great phone, but even with my lanky 2XL hands it is not comfortable to type one handed on.
    11-20-14 06:48 AM
    Because I have the ability to return it if I don't like it and found 0 stores in the tri state area that had it on display? How else was I supposed to hold/feel the device in person?

Posted via CB10
    I feel your pain. I sold my Z30 (still have a Q10) but there was something about the Passport that I just had to have. I wanted to love it. I tried to love it, and it worked flawlessly, but for me, it was just way too big. I actually just got my RMA from shopblackberry after trying it for 2 weeks. It's just not for everyone. I got used to the keypad and enjoyed using it but it did not fit into my pocket comfortably and just never felt right. Waiting on the actual Classic spec to see if it makes sense to upgrade from the Q
    11-20-14 09:12 AM
    well at least he could not complain about the battery life!!
    11-20-14 11:21 AM
    I just didn't feel that w the passport. I have a tablet for all of my media and gaming/web consumption
    Those bolded words plus the limited (tiny) time you spent on the device makes your reaction pretty sane.
    It's not a tablet and neither aimed to video/gaming in general (while I'm pretty comfortable with it).
    I'm courious: why didn't you choose a Z30 instead ? Would be a better fit IMHO.

FTR : I use mine (PP) on a daily basis and there's no chance I roll back (despite I own BB10s ... all ). I'll give the Classic a try though !
    11-20-14 12:47 PM
    Honestly don't post if you're just going to talk ****

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, why do people find the need to create a new thread just to announce they're returning a device. I get that some don't like the phone so why not just return it and get something they like instead creating a thread just to let us know? I, myself have returned a few devices over the years that I didn't like for one reason or another but have NEVER found the need to broadcast it on a public forum.

Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see a real purpose to these kinds of threads unless they are created to warn people if there are major issues and problems with a new device but in your case it seems like it's a case of you just don't like it and again that's ok - just return it as it is not a phone for everybody. Cheers
    wincyUt and nglfmark like this.
    11-20-14 01:00 PM
69 123