Is there a tutorial somewhere that gives every possible which way to select, copy,cut, paste text?

I just stumbled across a forum post that mentioned holding down shift to get the circle selector thing to pop up.

I'd like to be able to do this with more precision, I really don't like those two blue arrow things to select text, especially if you're trying to select it near the corners of the screen.

I don't do much copy and paste, but this is one advantage the q20 will have over the Q10.
    04-08-14 10:54 AM
    Is there a tutorial somewhere that gives every possible which way to select, copy,cut, paste text?

I just stumbled across a forum post that mentioned holding down shift to get the circle selector thing to pop up.

I'd like to be able to do this with more precision, I really don't like those two blue arrow things to select text, especially if you're trying to select it near the corners of the screen.

I don't do much copy and paste, but this is one advantage the q20 will have over the Q10.
    I'd be curious to know this too. The more options the better.

What's the shift button on a q10 though? Alt?

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-08-14 11:09 AM
    If you hold down the shift button (next to 0) then the blue circle appears, then while still holding down the button drag your finger over the text that you want to select and there its selected

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 11:14 AM
    If you hold down the shift button (next to 0) then the blue circle appears, then while still holding down the button drag your finger over the text that you want to select and there its selected

Posted via CB10
    Just tried this and it doesn't work.
    04-08-14 11:32 AM
    Just tried this and it doesn't work.
    Ditto.

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-08-14 11:44 AM
    you have to tap on the text and put the cursor there first
    04-08-14 11:45 AM
    Best way to select entire paragraphs : click and hold a word, and keep holding.. it will select the whole line, then keep holding and it will start to select more and more lines, the longer you hold down...

For the running select using that selection circle thing, just hold down shift while the selection circle is visible and then drag the selection circle wherever you want, while holding shift.. works well.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 12:56 PM
    Best way to select entire paragraphs : click and hold a word, and keep holding.. it will select the whole line, then keep holding and it will start to select more and more lines, the longer you hold down...

For the running select using that selection circle thing, just hold down shift while the selection circle is visible and then drag the selection circle wherever you want, while holding shift.. works well.

Posted via CB10
    Way too much to do. Just give me back my tool belt.
    04-08-14 12:58 PM
    I'm starting to like the idea of returning to the tool belt. Especially of the emails I have to respond and forward. Cut and paste on the q10 not that great...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 01:13 PM
    Running select too much to do, it's no different to toolbelt.. just hold shift and move finger on screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 04:17 PM
    Thanks, guys for your input.

My problem is rather not selecting whole paragraphs, but smaller bits, or sometimes a word is too close to the edge, or one letter is missing.

If they could introduce cursor fine-placement using a key combination that works like arrow keys, my problem would be solved. I suggest W A S D, just like gamers use the keyboard to move their character. This would allow to fine-tune a selection, because the circle thingy sometime just won't move to the first or last letter, if you're to close to the edge. Just my experience.

I mentioned this previously, sorry if I bore anyone. I'd like to see this implemented so much. :-)

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-08-14 04:53 PM
    Thanks, guys for your input.

My problem is rather not selecting whole paragraphs, but smaller bits, or sometimes a word is too close to the edge, or one letter is missing.

If they could introduce cursor fine-placement using a key combination that works like arrow keys, my problem would be solved. I suggest W A S D, just like gamers use the keyboard to move their character. This would allow to fine-tune a selection, because the circle thingy sometime just won't move to the first or last letter, if you're to close to the edge. Just my experience.

I mentioned this previously, sorry if I bore anyone. I'd like to see this implemented so much. :-)

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    Read my post, I fine select all the time using shift and moving my finger on screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:20 AM
    Just tried and it works. Thanks! I've been using backspace since my Q10 (few weeks ago). FYi: Went from a Z10 to a Q10. Missed my keyboard too much... Now I'm missing my previous screen real-estate.
    04-09-14 04:01 PM