So I am coming back to BlackBerry (I have an iPhone); however I am struggling with gettin the Z10 or Q10.

I think I'll love the Q10's keyboard but to lose the screen restate is going to be hard for me.

So has anyone else had this concern?
    03-28-13 09:37 PM
    It really depends what you're using your phone for. I went from the Galaxy Nexus to the 9900, an even bigger difference but it wasn't really that bad because what I normally use my phone for is texting/messaging. Other stuff like maps is okay too, not that bad. Movies and games are not as good on the 9900 though, but I don't play many games and I have my PlayBook for videos.
    03-28-13 10:37 PM
    So I am coming back to BlackBerry (I have an iPhone); however I am struggling with gettin the Z10 or Q10.

I think I'll love the Q10's keyboard but to lose the screen restate is going to be hard for me.

So has anyone else had this concern?
    Also depends what your willing to trade for, if you have a iPhone 4/4s it has a 3.5 inch screen, the z10 will have a 3.1 0.4 inch difference, the iPhone 5s a little different, I had that so I went for the z10, but I will always struggle with touch screen keyboards lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:36 AM
    Which iPhone model do you have? If you own a pre-iPhone 5 model, the actual difference ain't this much. After all you switch from a 3.5" to a 3.1" model. I switched from a Nokia E7, featuring a 4" screen to a Bold 9900 with a 2.8" screen. Honestly, the loss of screen size was my biggest concern prior my decission to buy the Bold. However now I rarely mind the loss of bigger screen.

Having said that, it really, really depends on what you use your phone for. If you are a heavy multimedia consumer, you most likely will be more satisfied with the Z10. First the current gaming catalogue on Blackberry World is near empty for the Q and I doubt it will ever nearly reach the size of the Z. Second would be watching videos, that square 1:1 display won't give you a decent viewing experience, especially compared to the Z. However, in my opinion most usual smartphones won't deliver a nice experience for watching videos. It wasn't good on my 4" Nokia E7 and on a co-workers Galaxy S3 I found it lackluster too. For watching videos, I have my 7" Playbook with me, which is just "okay" for videos.

My Bold is more a communication and work tool, I don't need a huge screen to get my stuff done and I don't even want one of those 4.5"+ monsters. Browsing on my Bold is fine, though of course a bigger screen would be fine, I have no issues to arrange with the small 2.8" screen, so the Q10 should do even better. The loss of the great physical keyboard however can't be compensated if I would switch to the Z10.

So if you give us more details about what you use your iPhone for, we can help you much better with your BB decission!
    03-29-13 02:37 AM
    I have a Nexus 4 but I'm waiting on the Q10 solely because of the physical keyboard. I've got an iPod Touch lying around somewhere so will carry that for entertainment purposes.
    03-29-13 05:03 AM
    I had the same concerns. I have an iPhone 5 now, but since I got an ipad mini, I rarely use the phone for media or games now. I'm more of a text, email user so the Q10 is very attractive to me
    03-29-13 05:24 AM
    Had a Torch 9800 before my Z10 and used the physical keyboard 99% of the time on that. But don't miss the physical keyboard at all now with the Z10. It's fast, intuitive and a breeze to use with the flicking and auto correction. I type way faster on this than I ever did on my old Torch.

Whoosh.....!!!!!!!!!! Careful! Z10 in action here!
    03-29-13 05:27 AM
    I don't really care about apps. I know that might sound foolish but I only use Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, dropbox, some weather app, and alarm clock. After that there really isn't much that I use that I need. Although I will miss the passbook iPhone where I can store all my gift cards and whatnot but that's not the end of. The world.

Mostly I use my phone for communicating I also sent a lot of pictures to my wife she suspicious to me of her kids so I can see where that might be a problem since I don't have unlimited texting. But I would just have to make her download additional app like in chat or what's app for some other kind of I am so that we can share the same information without using text messages.

I guess I didn't think about the point for difference in screen resolution that really isn't much. Although the screen is more square than it is rectangle the hard thing to be is watching YouTube videos. That's really the only multimedia do I do not play games I do not do anything else. I like reading website forms and commenting on them that's about it.
    03-29-13 08:01 AM
    If you're coming from iPhone that means you've already endured one the worst keyboard in the market hence using the Z10 will be amazingly easy for you. Get the Z10. I myself came from a torch and now I even hate typing on my laptop after getting used to my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:07 AM
    Z10

Post via CB10
    03-29-13 08:26 AM
    I don't really care about apps. I know that might sound foolish but I only use Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, dropbox, some weather app, and alarm clock.
    [snip]
    Mostly I use my phone for communicating I also sent a lot of pictures to my wife she suspicious to me of her kids so I can see where that might be a problem since I don't have unlimited texting. But I would just have to make her download additional app like in chat or what's app for some other kind of I am so that we can share the same information without using text messages.

I guess I didn't think about the point for difference in screen resolution that really isn't much. Although the screen is more square than it is rectangle the hard thing to be is watching YouTube videos. That's really the only multimedia do I do not play games I do not do anything else. I like reading website forms and commenting on them that's about it.
    The apps you mentioned are more or less built directly into BB10, so you are good to go either way. As for you communication needs, there are some multi-plattform IM apps out there, like Whats App or Viber. You could also try Skype once it is released or.... you could try to convince your wife in getting a Blackberry too (most not be a BB10 device either) and use BBM.

My Bold 9900 is just "okay" for some YouTube watching, however I didn't think the Z10 was much of an improvement either. If I know I am out and want to watch any videos, I'll keep my Playbook with me. Your webbrowsing needs seem to cover almost mine, which you should be fine with.

In the end it depends whether you want actual "real" keys or not. From my personal experience, typing speed on the Z10 is faster compared to my 9900 - once you get used to the new virtual keyboard. However I still don't enjoy typing with it. Typing on the Bold simply is fun and convenient, on the Z10, like on all other virtual keyboard, to me it is just something I do - nothing special about it. Your best bet would still be waiting for the Q10 and compare both devices in some store.
    03-29-13 08:40 AM
    This might give you an insight on how the Q10 will handle multimedia and gaming.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-money-787622/
    03-29-13 09:02 AM
    as I found out with my compact 9310: unless you don't have a computer and you can only browse

on your phone...that extra real estate just sucks juice and more of a hassle to carry.

Holsters are not popular anymore..get a good case. I hardly do the web on the phone.
    03-30-13 01:09 PM