So since I got my Q10 over a month ago when I get off the phone and take it away from my ear the screen doesn't turn back on. I have to press the lock button so that the screen turns back on so that I can end the call. Any reason why this might be happening? I do have a screen protector on but I believe this was happening even before that.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:17 PM
    Yes, this has happened to me on a number of occasions. I'm glad someone else has brought this up, as I've been called a liar on these forums after describing this same issue.

I don't know why it's been happening, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:19 PM
    It happens all the time with me! It's not a huge problem but it's just annoying.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:25 PM
    Mine did that. First it was the matte screen protector, which I got rid of. Then it was the 30 second phase out and because I had gestures turned off from lockscreen I had to press the power button to get back to home screen.

Posted via CB10 with my BBQ
    08-01-13 12:28 PM
    30 second phase out?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:43 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. Mine screen is off even when I'm holding the phone straight and there's an incoming call. Weird. I take it away from the ear and have to tilt it to get the screen working. Something's up with the sensors I guess. Q10 by the way.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:46 PM
    I have this issue too on my Q10 very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    nyfinch likes this.
    08-01-13 04:19 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry is aware of the issue..

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 11:31 PM
    During calls once the screen goes off it doesn't get back on as it should. Sensors should tell the screen when the phone is away from the ear.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 08:05 AM
    During calls once the screen goes off it doesn't get back on as it should. Sensors should tell the screen when the phone is away from the ear.

Posted via CB10
    That exactly whats supposed to happen, my screen comes back on after a full 1 second from removing it from my ear. I'm not sure where the sensors are located, or what would cause that issue.
    08-02-13 08:34 AM
    Mine doesn't even come back on after a few seconds

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 11:21 AM
    Why dont you guys try wiping the sensor that detects if your ear is close. It might be dirty and thinks that its your ear. Its beside the speaker to the left. Try to wipe it.
    08-02-13 11:50 AM
    Why dont you guys try wiping the sensor that detects if your ear is close. It might be dirty and thinks that its your ear. Its beside the speaker to the left. Try to wipe it.
    "Beside the speaker to the left".... sooooo that would be the bottom of the phone, on the opposite side of the speaker as the microphone hole... as in a part of the phone that is covered up by a case? Could that be a contributing factor to the problems? (The case?)
    08-02-13 12:22 PM
    I think he meant the speaker at the top of the phone. And yeah I've tried wiping it plenty of times.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 01:10 PM
    I think he meant the speaker at the top of the phone.
    DOH! That makes soooooo much more sense! LOL
    08-03-13 12:38 AM
    WOOOO I didn't want to be the one that posted about this!

I first noticed this issue one day while a call came to my phone while it was in my pocket. I noticed, discretely, that as I took my phone out of my pocket the screen wasn't on. Then, once I had the hand in my palm and I angled it up towards my eyes, I saw the screen flash on with the call still ringing.

Then, of course, when I take my phone away from ear to hang up, I either have to swipe up to turn the screen on, then hit end, or wait for the person on the other line to hang up.

Then again, sometimes it works just fine...or seems to.

I know this isn't an issue due to a lack of wiping my phone.

I do not have the leak, only the official ATT release.

I do hope they will fix whatever bugs in the software they must in order to get the proximity sensor working as good as my 9930 did.
    08-03-13 06:02 PM
    With my 9930, sometimes it would take a a few seconds before the touchscreen would become responsive after a call. Primarily, if it was hot or humid out. Although I did have a screen protector & case, neither covered the sensor.

Could also be based on the amount of surface touching the screen, like your ear and side of your face. In this case, it might take a bit for the device to realize you took the phone away from your ear & side of your face if it is hot/humid out.

Just my two cents.

- Scott
    08-03-13 07:35 PM
    With my 9930, sometimes it would take a a few seconds before the touchscreen would become responsive after a call. Primarily, if it was hot or humid out. Although I did have a screen protector & case, neither covered the sensor.

Could also be based on the amount of surface touching the screen, like your ear and side of your face. In this case, it might take a bit for the device to realize you took the phone away from your ear & side of your face if it is hot/humid out.

Just my two cents.

- Scott
    What's up man. I just want to input my thoughts on your post.

I had a 9930, too, with a 3M protector--did not cover sensors.

I never had the issues I'm having now with my Q. I won't say never, I guess, but not as noticeably often.

I've also hit the keypad plenty with my ear, i hear the 1 or 2 on screen keypad in my ear while on phone...yet I'll take the phone immediately away and the screen will be off...I promise I'm not hitting the 1 or 2 with my ear.

There are times where my phone's on my desk and the screen doesn't turn on until I pick up the phone. The LED's on and doing Footloose, but no dice for the screen.

I'm sure many here can agree that the in-call new-call notifying is not up to par either. I believe there is something wrong, but I am too scared to put a leak on my phone. Can anyone with 10.2 confirm that they experienced what we all have with 10.1 and notice changes in 10.2?
    08-04-13 08:11 PM
    Agreed, this happens all too often for me as well. Not sure wtf is going on with the sensor. Didn't change with the MR of 10.1 either. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    kazn3r likes this.
    08-04-13 10:49 PM
    Happens to me too. 10.1 MR. Annoying when you're trying to take notes after a call.

But it only happens randomly, not on every call.

Posted via CB10
    kazn3r likes this.
    08-04-13 11:05 PM
    I have MR 10.1 too. And yes, it happens off and on not consistently. But frequently enough to frustrate me lol

Posted via CB10
    kazn3r likes this.
    08-05-13 02:23 AM
    Maybe someone with a 10.2 leak will chime in.
    08-05-13 09:32 AM
    Phone Model: BB Passport
    Type of proximity sensor : light sensing (small sensor is located LHS of in-call speaker)

By keeping the phone vertical and away from the ear / no obstruction to sensor, makes it turns on. However if the phone is kept horizontal (i.e the screen flat surface is parallel to earth), the problem is occurring. (Further observation: the probability of problem to happen in vertical position is <1%, in horizontal position >70%)
    03-21-16 11:07 AM