ive noticed for the past couple days that my screen is really bright... which is odd cuz I have it set at a couple ticks from the lowest setting... this whole time I thought that I just had a bright screen... anyways... so just to double check the setting, I went in there and moved the setting all the way to the left and back to where I had it set before... now my screen is actually at the brightness I set it at...

so what Im saying is, I have it set pretty low, but somehow at some point, the screen actually gets brighter without the setting moved at all...

anyone else notice this? try to check in a dark room where your eyes will notice the subtle changes....
    08-23-13 12:36 PM
    There is a sensor on the front facing phone screen that detects light and gets brighter when it needs to and goes dim when you go into less light (like a dark room).
    08-23-13 12:42 PM
    You'll be the first to actually not complain about the dimness of the screen or the missing "auto brightness" functionality...cheers. I know mine changes in dark room. face it towards TV it brightens ever so slightly, and when I face it away it dims a bit.
    08-23-13 12:54 PM
    I have experienced something I think is similiar. The screen kinda sets it's own brightness level and I can move the brightness slider in the display settings but it doesn't actually change the illumination of the q10 screen. I was thinking maybe it was caused by the leak I loaded. I haven't tried another os yet though to confirm. What os are you on?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:39 AM
    Yes it's auto sensored so I just keep mine at 100%. Getting old is my excuse
    08-24-13 05:17 AM
    im on. 2030

its not an auto brightness thing... I understand what that is... my brightness setting seems to actually not be where I set it... it seems to be higher... right now I have it set to the absolute lowest and im gonna see if it ever gets brighter
    08-24-13 08:14 AM