Why in the world would display screen blink on and off during phone call? Also, is there anyway to view contact list during phone conversation? My Bold used to allow so that I could relay same to caller. Now, I have to hang up, retrieve contact info, and call party back.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 06:27 PM
    Why in the world would display screen blink on and off during phone call? Also, is there anyway to view contact list during phone conversation? My Bold used to allow so that I could relay same to caller. Now, I have to hang up, retrieve contact info, and call party back.

Posted via CB10
    It sounds like a sensor issue to me, and I'm assuming you're using a BB10 device. There's a sensor that's built in to the left of the ear piece of the phone, it senses when your phone's close to your ear so it can shut the screen down while you're talking. If you remove the phone from your ear the screen should come back on again. If you think you're having issues download, if you haven't already, and run your phone's diagnostic tool called BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert) from BlackBerry World, that should help you identify and fix the issue if it's possible.

As to contacts, you should be able to access them quite easily while on the phone. Put the phone on speaker and hold away from your ear and the phone app should display. At the bottom you'll see a "Contacts" tab, this will only be phone contacts. To get someone's email or BBM info, shrink the phone app and go to your main app page, from there you can open your main contacts app. I do it all the time and very often I do it unbeknownst to the person I'm talking to, it's that easy to do.

Hope this helps.
    06-11-14 06:46 PM
    No dice on the contacts tab when phone is on speaker and yes, my phone is a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 09:35 PM