12-23-14 03:20 AM
60 123
tools
    That is a mistake. Every person working at an enterprise company is still just regular Joe schmoe consumer when they go home and turn on the tv. Why has Iphone penetrated so much of the corporate world? Because consumers started buying them then demanding that they be allowed to use them for work also. Byod is how it is and BlackBerry better get on board with this fact. Enterprise isn't some magical group of people who don't interact with common society. They are just huge groups of regular people. CEO's of enterprise companies still go home and watch TV. Or read the WSJ or NYT or NatGeo or whatever.

If a CIO decides to go with BlackBerry, do they want to hear all of their employees griping about how they want to stick with their iphones? Or would they rather have people say ok, I've seen some cool and productive things the new BlackBerry can do, sure, let's try it.

They have cash - even some facebook ads and a couple well-times commercials can be done for a couple mil.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    The CIOs that I deal with don't particularly care about employee gripping. They pay attention to sound advice, data and proven track records. But with BES 12 they can let them gripers keep their iPhone, Android or even their 9900.

You may be right, but that won't change things. And having watched BlackBerry try the consumer market and nearly go under I have to believe that this is the right course for now. If/when they produce a phone with broad consumer appeal, that will be the time to advertise it.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-08-14 10:29 AM
    having watched BlackBerry try the consumer market and nearly go under I have to believe that this is the right course for now. If/when they produce a phone with broad consumer appeal, that will be the time to advertise it.
    That effort was horrible and the devices were poor. Anyhow, I'm just saying that the distinction between consumers and enterprise is pretty blurry. Enterprises are just a bunch of consumers working at the same place. I just get so irritated when people say things like "oh, i thought they were out of business" or "I thought they got bought out" !!!
    12-08-14 10:37 AM
    I still don't get why we aren't getting blasted by commercials showing every unique feature and capability of this phone all over the TV and web. Shame on BlackBerry.

Going through the gate at airport and use the android jetblue app on my q10 to scan boarding pass. The gate agent says "oh, an old fashioned blackberry, don't see those much anymore." wanted to punch him, but it's not his fault. People don't know what this thing can do or that it even exists, and that is all the fault of BlackBerry.
    Kudos for keeping the cool at the gate with such a remark. I guess I would say something like:" I bet you 're an iSheep, right?" I would argue with passion against the guy.

But at the end you are right. It's not his fault. The brand awareness is none existent. And with a BlackBerry Passport there is such a chance to say "Hello, we're back. And better then ever".

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 10:50 AM
    Why should BlackBerry advertise in the US when you can't get the newer ones on any network?
    I'm returning back to the Q10. I ordered it from Verizon. It's cheaper than the 9900! I would SO have the classic when it comes out, but once again, I think BB is avoiding us.
    12-08-14 12:01 PM
    Why should BlackBerry advertise in the US when you can't get the newer ones on any network?
    I'm returning back to the Q10. I ordered it from Verizon. It's cheaper than the 9900! I would SO have the classic when it comes out, but once again, I think BB is avoiding us.
    Well, the Z30, Z10 and Q10 are on Verizon and the Passport works on Tmo and ATT. With the upcoming launch of the Classic on all four major networks, BB will miss an opportunity to make some noise and gain attention if they launch passively.
    12-08-14 12:12 PM
    Kudos for keeping the cool at the gate with such a remark. I guess I would say something like:" I bet you 're an iSheep, right?" I would argue with passion against the guy.

But at the end you are right. It's not his fault. The brand awareness is none existent. And with a BlackBerry Passport there is such a chance to say "Hello, we're back. And better then ever".

Posted via CB10
    Believe me, if my flight wasn't already boarding 10 gates away, I would have said something.
    12-08-14 12:14 PM
    It may have escaped some of you, but one of the most watched spectator sports in the world, aka F1, had BlackBerry logos emblazoned all over the winning car and driver, and on the team headphones and apparel ... I think that's a lot of good marketing exposure

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:46 PM
    It may have escaped some of you, but one of the most watched spectator sports in the world, aka F1, had BlackBerry logos emblazoned all over the winning car and driver, and on the team headphones and apparel ... I think that's a lot of good marketing exposure

Posted via CB10
    Brand awareness is one thing. I don't think there are many smartphone people on Earth that haven't heard of BlackBerry.

Creating buzz about the capabilities and new products is something completely different. Seeing an F1 race car doesn't tell me anything about why the hub is so far superior for how I work. Or how instant actions + universal search help me save time and effort. Seeing Hamilton win a race in a BB logo car doesn't tell me about the new "work wide" Passport and how it has a magical touch/physical keyboard. Pick a couple of unique features and hammer it home. Make people think about how they use their phones and why a BB could possibly be better for them.
    12-08-14 01:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Most watched??? Are you serious? Maybe in 2009. But who watches F1 nowadays, please? They change rules, and there is no competetion anymore. Also 2 or 3 teams are financially broke, and won't compete in the new saison. The motor sound has left due to political correctness. All in all: F1 is becoming the most boring sport since cricket or checkmate. There is no reason to watch it.

And trust me, I am a huge F1 buff! But this season was a downfall. And there is no sign that it's getting better. Who won this season? Who cares, right?

No, switch to football. That'll always work.This is the most watched sport. Period.
    12-08-14 02:49 PM
    Kjjb, I wasn't aware the classic was launching across all the carriers in the US. ATT still hasn't released the Passport.
    12-08-14 04:38 PM
    Blackberry Nation know we don't advertise. It's like our little secret society.

Posted via My Gorgeous white Z30
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    12-09-14 01:53 AM
    See - that illustrates my point. One of those people in that bar may have been a CIO or a small business owner or some other decision maker that had no idea BB even still existed as a company.
    If your CIO is this stupid.... well you finish this thought.

SMH.
    12-09-14 03:01 AM
    If your CIO is this stupid.... well you finish this thought.

SMH.
    Ok, maybe CIO wasn't a good example, but maybe it was the president of a medium size company who is just like the majority of the US population when it comes to mobile tech. Clueless. The president of say, a medical deliver company, doesn't keep up with the trends, has an iphone, their daughter and son have iphones, they all have ipads and macs. They are busy running a medical delivery company. BB enthusiasts can't be so vain to think everyone else out there keeps up with the mobile tech industry like we do.
    12-09-14 10:39 AM
    It sends out a message that BlackBerry is not dead. Not sure how else that benefited BlackBerry.
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    12-09-14 11:33 AM
    I hate them both but F1 doesn't hold a lick to Nascar in the states...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:45 PM
    I remember a good commercial for the Pearl 8100 many years ago. It showed a woman going through her daily activities and how the phone helped her with work and her leisure time. It was from her perspective--you saw her arm and phone and what was in front of her. Good commercial.

BlackBerry needs something like that again. Show how BB10 can help you with your job using the HUB and plan an evening out with friends using BBM.

Posted via CB10
    that sounds like a perfect commercial to release with the new BlackBerry 10OS

Q10.. @credo_nj
    12-11-14 03:00 PM
    that sounds like a perfect commercial to release with the new BlackBerry 10OS

Q10.. @credo_nj
    There were adds like that out before the Z10 was released.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-11-14 03:08 PM
    12-13-14 09:16 AM
    love it

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:35 AM
    I still don't get why we aren't getting blasted by commercials showing every unique feature and capability of this phone all over the TV and web. Shame on BlackBerry.

Going through the gate at airport and use the android jetblue app on my q10 to scan boarding pass. The gate agent says "oh, an old fashioned blackberry, don't see those much anymore." wanted to punch him, but it's not his fault. People don't know what this thing can do or that it even exists, and that is all the fault of BlackBerry.
    Well, sometimes good quality products aren't promoted on conventional media. Blackberry isn't getting promoted at all (the last commercial I saw was for the Z10, which was pretty lame), but we as users are doing a good promotion of it. The gate agent doesn't have the fault, because he is merely bombarded by everybody with a touchscreen famous phone brand.

I keep ignoring people who laughs at my Q10, because I always find a situation where they could not answer their calls because of low signal, the phone becomes laggy, their battery was drained faster or because their devices were stolen (main cause: Fancy phones who looks like tablets and everybody wants). Blackberry devices are good enough for what I need and I don't complain at all.
    12-14-14 06:48 PM
    We have something like "smartphone of the year" voting in one magazine. Voting is online. List of 10 phones to vote from for 2014 offered all samsungs and iphones but Passport was missing.
    Reason - BlackBerry did locally offer news phones to editors in few key magazines for review and if they do - its low end what get 50% score. People in discussion asked a lot, why is ONLY really innovative phone missing - Passport - without answer. For magazines is BlackBerry dead. No advertising = no articles, no reviews, no publicity.

Posted using BlackBerry Q10
    12-14-14 07:05 PM
    They should spend on product placement for some TV series.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 09:59 PM
    We have something like "smartphone of the year" voting in one magazine. Voting is online. List of 10 phones to vote from for 2014 offered all samsungs and iphones but Passport was missing.
    Reason - BlackBerry did locally offer news phones to editors in few key magazines for review and if they do - its low end what get 50% score. People in discussion asked a lot, why is ONLY really innovative phone missing - Passport - without answer. For magazines is BlackBerry dead. No advertising = no articles, no reviews, no publicity.

Posted using BlackBerry Q10
    For most people BlackBerry is dead.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:01 PM
    They are not advertising for a reason its not crazy. JOHN CHEN has stated that BlackBerry DOES NOT have the appropriate number of distribution channels to advertise(lack in carrier support). So it would be a HUGE mistake to advertise if they did many more people who are interested would definitely look the other way the minute they walk into into a verizon, alltell, sprint, t mobile etc and cant get the phone they seen on a commercial but instead have to order online. CHEN GOT THIS!

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    12-20-14 10:31 PM
    I guess handset part of the business is not BlackBerry's focus right now. Also, they are not selling enough devices to have huge marketing budget. However they can be innovative. They should release a really amazing phone for extremely low price and customers should be allowed too purchase only on invite basis.....Just like the OnePlus One Chinese startup, who have been grabbing eyeballs following the same strategy.

I wish they had priced Passport for around 350 dollars and followed invite based strategy.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:33 AM
60 123