Just last night my R key sensitivity completely changed! It doesn't register with normal key presses anymore and instead I have to excessively press harder than all other keys!!! Grrrrr. I get capital Rs now because of it as well. Thinking of Restoring phone to see if it's possibly software related, but I'm not hopeful...

I bought from Bell employee in store who got for free from BlackBerry and don't have receipt (got great deal and felt pretty good about where I got it from)...Phone was completely brand new and opened it up for the first time once I handed him the money. It's a SQN100-1 device running 10.1.0.238 from Bell. Was running flawlessly for past 2 weeks and now this happened...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by shawngt2; 07-07-13 at 04:15 PM.
    07-07-13 04:00 PM
    you can still contact BlackBerry directly, and send it in for warranty work
    07-07-13 04:17 PM
    Just last night my R key sensitivity completely changed! It doesn't register with normal key presses anymore and instead I have to excessively press harder than all other keys!!! Grrrrr. I get capital Rs now because of it as well. Thinking of Restoring phone to see if it's possibly software related, but I'm not hopeful...

I bought from Bell employee in store who got for free from BlackBerry and don't have receipt...

Posted via CB10
    There was a thread, now closed, here recently that linked to an article recommending buying various used items including BlackBerrys. I would never buy any kind of device used for precisely what has happened to you; a faulty unit with little or no warranty coverage. Buying used is more often than not a false economy.

Here's hoping a restore helps but it sounds more like a physical issue to me. Maybe someone else here has other ideas? Can the key be removed and replaced after a clean?

Good luck!
    07-07-13 04:21 PM