Alright guys, I know I'm not a "credible" source by any means, however I just spoke to a verizon rep and his exact words were "the blackberry q10 will be instores on June 1st." Display models will be hitting the stores a week or two before that. I am in the New England area incase that makes a difference to any of you. Just figured I'd share the news guys. We have an official date!
    05-09-13 06:57 PM
    Great first post, welcome to CB

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:58 PM
    I'll have to go into the Verizon store to check it out! I'm patiently waiting for AT&T to release it. Also enjoying my last few weeks with BBOS. I know I'm going to miss it.
    05-09-13 07:02 PM
    Great first post, welcome to CB

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the welcome!
    05-09-13 07:10 PM
    I'll have to go into the Verizon store to check it out! I'm patiently waiting for AT&T to release it. Also enjoying my last few weeks with BBOS. I know I'm going to miss it.
    I'm still chugging along with a BB Tour and it works perfectly fine, but hey, after 4 years it's time to lay this baby to rest. Impatiently waiting for this Q10. Just can't see myself parting with Blackberry as a company. All these other phones just don't have that special something Blackberry has. Call me crazy.
    05-09-13 07:12 PM
    end of the month AT&T. it just makes sense the official announcement will happen at the LIVE event, and preorders soon after.
    05-09-13 08:16 PM
    end of the month AT&T. it just makes sense the official announcement will happen at the LIVE event, and preorders soon after.
    I was offered the chance to preorder, but I declined, always like to check out a phone before I buy.
    05-09-13 08:18 PM
    To be the Z10 was released in the U.S. with no real fanfare. I wonder if all that will change with the release of the Q10...
    05-09-13 08:30 PM
    As I said in another post. My boss' brother just preordered a Q10 from AT&T and it is Set for a 6/3 date.
    05-09-13 08:34 PM
    To be the Z10 was released in the U.S. with no real fanfare. I wonder if all that will change with the release of the Q10...
    I cant honestly say that much of any "fanfare" was warranted. The exposure was minimal (ONE superbowl commercial) with next to NO advertising afterward will almost always amount to a tepid reception. I truly feel that BlackBerry really missed an awesome opportunity to get the word out more with more aggressive advertising and the release being a bit closer to launch would have helped maintain the momentum. Just an opinion and the way I perceived what happened around me and in the local stores.

PS. In order for a device to get seen, I would recommend that the retailer DISPLAY the phone rather that keep the demo out back until someone has to ask for the device to try it out ... Just my experience at a few different retail stores.
    05-09-13 08:43 PM
    I know and who watches the Superbowl, anyway? I see commercials for the Z10 a good bit in my area. They have been pretty consistent. There is also an AT&T ad (I think) running now advertising the "best" smartphones. It has an HTC, Galaxy and the Z10. This is a GREAT sign that BB is coming back.

The exposure was minimal (ONE superbowl commercial) .
    05-09-13 08:53 PM
    If I jump ship to the Q10, this timing would be awesome. Start my summer internship on the 3rd and would really like to have the phone for a few days before having to rely on it in the real world.
    05-09-13 09:17 PM
    I'm still chugging along with a BB Tour and it works perfectly fine, but hey, after 4 years it's time to lay this baby to rest. Impatiently waiting for this Q10. Just can't see myself parting with Blackberry as a company. All these other phones just don't have that special something Blackberry has. Call me crazy.
    Wow - the Tour!!?? Ugh. Verizon in Boston told me first week of June... who knows but hope its soon.
    05-09-13 09:20 PM
    As I said in another post. My boss' brother just preordered a Q10 from AT&T and it is Set for a 6/3 date.
    How is that possible? I haven't heard anything about preorder from AT&T.
    05-10-13 06:30 AM
    I heard 6/12 or 6/13 frm a verizon corprate employee ... either way I just want to know!
    05-10-13 08:12 AM
    Alright guys, I know I'm not a "credible" source by any means, however I just spoke to a verizon rep and his exact words were "the blackberry q10 will be instores on June 1st." Display models will be hitting the stores a week or two before that. I am in the New England area incase that makes a difference to any of you. Just figured I'd share the news guys. We have an official date!
    Thanks for the update, I'm impatiently waiting myself for a release here in the U.S.

I'm in NYC and I've seen quite a few commercials for the z10. I've also see a lot of signage, especially in just about every Verizon store. The only thing missing is i STILL have yet to see a person using the z10 in NYC lol.
    05-10-13 08:22 AM
    Just for reference sake, I looked up what day the last few blackberry devices had released on Verizon:

Tour - July 12th, 2009 (Sunday)

Bold 9650 - June 3rd, 2012 (online), June 10th, 2012 (retail) (Thursday)

Bold 9930 - August 15th, 2011 (Monday)
    05-10-13 09:01 AM
    Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:08 AM
    Wow - the Tour!!?? Ugh. Verizon in Boston told me first week of June... who knows but hope its soon.
    haha I know, crazy right? But hey it works and I can't complain one bit.
    05-10-13 02:07 PM
    Thanks for the update, I'm impatiently waiting myself for a release here in the U.S.

I'm in NYC and I've seen quite a few commercials for the z10. I've also see a lot of signage, especially in just about every Verizon store. The only thing missing is i STILL have yet to see a person using the z10 in NYC lol.
    Here in RI all of the verizon stores have a Z10 out on display, buy haven't seen a person in the real world using one
    05-10-13 02:08 PM
    How is that possible? I haven't heard anything about preorder from AT&T.
    The verizon employee I talked to was able to do a preorder for me the day I posted this thread. Don't know if he was lying, but I have no reason to believe he was.
    05-10-13 02:10 PM
    I know and who watches the Superbowl, anyway?

The advertising fees for advertising on the Superbowl in the USA are the highest - as far as I know - of any other program on television.

There's a reason for that: it's one of the most watched shows of the year. Clearly LOTS of people watch it.

That said - I basically don't watch TV at all.

I saw the Superbowl ad from Blackberry, it was OK, not great. The silliest part was how the ad ran a month before anyone could buy the devices here. I don't think they got their moneys-worth from that ad spend.
    05-10-13 06:23 PM
    Waiting sucks.
    05-11-13 02:00 AM