When comes RSAP to Q10???? Does anyone knows? Wann use my Q10 a carphone in my audi....

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 02:16 PM
    When comes RSAP to Q10???? Does anyone knows? Wann use my Q10 a carphone in my audi....

Posted via CB10
    Try that again. This time in english please.

I can only presume you are asking if "rSAP" is coming to the Q10?
    06-13-13 02:27 PM
    Sorry, for my typing. Yes i meant rSAP.(ie remote SimAccess Profile) Gives you the possibility to connect your phone as "carphone" in Audis, VWs, Porsche and Mercedes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-14-13 09:53 AM
    Sorry, for my typing. Yes i meant rSAP.(ie remote SimAccess Profile) Gives you the possibility to connect your phone as "carphone" in Audis, VWs, Porsche and Mercedes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using CB Forums mobile app
    I have rSAP set to OFF and my bluetooth in my MBZ works great. I guess I don't understand. I actually thought the rSAP was for something else. ??
    09-05-13 08:11 PM
    Just pair it to the bluetooth in your car. Should work fine just as it is right now.
    09-05-13 08:48 PM
    OS 10.2 now has rSAP as additional feature in the Bluetooth Options. Haven't had a chance to give it a go yet, will let you know once I did.
    10-01-13 03:48 AM
    What exactly does rSap do? I connect my phone thru Bluetooth, stream audio...what else does it do? Thanks!
    10-01-13 05:14 AM
    Normal bluetooth profiles only allow the car's phone system to act as a glorified microphone/speaker while all actual transmission is still done by the cell phone itself. SAP/rSAP allows the car's phone system to emulate the SIM card and do all those transmissions by itself. The main pro here is that the rSAP/SAP solution will "switch off" (actually it sort of hibernates) your phone and use the car's antenna's instead. This makes for better reception and depending on the car for more functionality. For example the most recent Audi/VW solutions will allow the car to provide a wifi-hotspot for passengers.

Sure, most current phones can do that as well though for a longer period they would require charging while the integrated system is nicely powered through the car electronics. In addition all this integrates nicely into the car's infotainment, for example allowing you to actuall write SMS and stuff like that without touching the phone. My personal favorite here is the integration into the car's systems as well as the fact that it doesn't consume almost any battery on such long drives due to the fact of being shut off.

IMHO SAP/rSAP is superior to the old BT profiles, sadly Apple and even Google/Android never actually went for the concept. While there is a 3rd party app for Android enabling this functionality, Apple still doesn't support it. OTOH BB has been supporting this ever since BB OS5, so you can imagine how this is an issue for people that the BB10 phones didn't support this feature.

// Update

Finished a brief test on a 2014 Volkswagen with Premium Phone, the Q10 with the latest leak connects fine and all rSAP features seem to be working.

RSAP for Q10?-img_00000078_crop.jpg
    Last edited by Theresias; 10-01-13 at 11:20 AM.
    10-01-13 07:52 AM
    What I totally forgot about rsap is that you can't connect to the Internet while it's on. So you won't receive whatsapp msgs or anyrthing internet related. Back when I last used rsap that didn't matter much but now it makes it useless since all my communication is internet related. Voip or whatsapp voice messages.

Iis there any way to have both working?

Sent from my Q10
    10-04-13 01:27 PM