I can use my upgrade with Verizon right now and get a new phone. If there was ever a time for me to "jump ship" it would be now. The thing is my Q10 is still doing everything I need almost perfectly. I really wanted a Passport - but not enough to switch to AT&T. If Verizon actually gets the Classic I'd love to try it out, but for now I'm sticking with the Q in 2015.

Anyone else in no hurry to upgrade?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    01-24-15 11:18 PM
    I can use my upgrade with Verizon right now and get a new phone. If there was ever a time for me to "jump ship" it would be now. The thing is my Q10 is still doing everything I need almost perfectly. I really wanted a Passport - but not enough to switch to AT&T. If Verizon actually gets the Classic I'd love to try it out, but for now I'm sticking with the Q in 2015.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    Glad to hear it, i mean no matter how you shake it the Q10 is still a solid device, the Passport is probably the only other phone id give the Q10 up for.
    Larzm likes this.
    01-24-15 11:21 PM

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    That would be me. I've used my Q10 for over 18 months and am in no hurry to upgrade. I do agree that the Classic is what the Q10 should have been, but will take my own sweet time deciding which device to upgrade to.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-25-15 12:27 AM
    I do like the Q10 but after 3 replacements in 2 months and 3 new loudspeakers plus double typing on every Q10 I'm gonna give it the last shot and if I get issues i'll switch back to my Nexus 4.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:29 AM
    I'm also up for a new phone, but i'm leaning towards getting a new Q10, it combines all of my needs for a mobile business tool best, namely a removable battery (or two) and a physical keyboard. I would have bought the Passport if not for the non-removable battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 06:20 AM
    I've had my Q for 1.5 years now. Waiting for the Visa/Victoria before deciding what's next for me.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    01-25-15 06:32 AM
    My contracts up in May (Got the Q10 on release day in Canada). I was looking forward to getting the Passport for a LONG time, but after using it in store, it just didn't work for me. The keyboard would definitely slow me down if I used it, unfortunately.

I was also leaning toward the classic but there is no point in paying for a decive that has the same specs. I will hold onto this phone until I see the next QWERTY device leaks.. Hopefully the next Classic device.

Posted via 10.3.1
    01-25-15 08:09 AM

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    Consider to change your contract at least... keep your Q10 and renegociate the contract. If they don't make you pay 20 bucks a month lesser (because that's the monthly rate you payed for the phone itself) and surely they won't, then at least pay the same amount for more data or more free minutes! I also kept my Q10 and have now a 5GB dataplane instead of 1GB AND for 10 euros less!!!!
    I bought the passport (simfree, unlocked, from Amazon) indeed, but look, I made a good deal by not taking a new phone from my carrier!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    01-25-15 08:24 AM
    Consider to change your contract at least... keep your Q10 and renegociate the contract. If they don't make you pay 20 bucks a month lesser (because that's the monthly rate you payed for the phone itself) and surely they won't, then at least pay the same amount for more data or more free minutes! I also kept my Q10 and have now a 5GB dataplane instead of 1GB AND for 10 euros less!!!!
    I bought the passport (simfree, unlocked, from Amazon) indeed, but look, I made a good deal by not taking a new phone from my carrier!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    That is excellent advice.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    anischab likes this.
    01-25-15 10:23 AM
    I've had my Q10 for 16 months and am dying to get the Classic! Q10 is working just fine, but I'm so bored with it. Before this phone, I was changing phones about every 6 months, so I know this one has served me well to have kept it this long. My vzw upgrade has been calling my name for a while now!
    01-25-15 08:32 PM
    I'm also up for a new phone, but i'm leaning towards getting a new Q10, it combines all of my needs for a mobile business tool best, namely a removable battery (or two) and a physical keyboard. I would have bought the Passport if not for the non-removable battery.

Posted via CB10
    That's the sour apple in my mouth.
    Non-removable battery of Passport...

Attachment 329736

Been giving it some hardcore desktop replacement use today. The Q10 could deal with this, as I could swap the battery. Still a lovable device, but mine needs a new KB. I could destroy a Q10 battery in a bit more than half a day, but a quick swap and all was fine again.

Yesterday I said I'm gonna keep the PP for longer, but if PP2 has a swappable battery, I'll buy it...

Me and my wallet. :-) / :-(

�   HaPPy Australia Day 2015 - come and visit, mate...!   �
    01-25-15 09:36 PM
    With the new update rolling out in just a couple weeks or so, why not wait and see how it works out on the Q10? There's so much e-waste in the world as it is. Give the little guy a chance :P

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    01-26-15 09:37 AM
    I will be honest. I bought a white Q10 for my wife on Amazon for $185 during the holiday break, no taxes. I switched her from a svelte Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to the Q10, mostly to get her on a BYOD service instead of Sprint. She loved her mini because of the camera. But she was unhappy with the battery life and the cluttered notification tray, lagginess she kept experiencing. I was not sure that she would like the Q10. Especially the camera.
    I just left her the phone one day and said, here is your new phone, and then went to work. About midday, I get a text from her "I love my new phone" with hearts. She is a big texter, and I was afraid she would not like the keyboard. She thought it was a challenge to get good at it and it makes her want to type on it. She loves the size. I got her white OEM case that fit perfectly snug and put an anti glare screen cover. she said it fits in her purse perfectly because is is short in length and it fits perfect in her palm. She would not like it if it were any bigger. She likes the camera with the sliding preview. The phone does not feel like it will slip out of her grip like the Galaxy mini did.

My point is that this device is the perfect form factor for certain people, and still exciting for many people, even though it is now 2015. The Classic is not necessarily the device that should have been originally released. She like the simplicity of the hardware keyboard and the touch screen. The track pad would have just given her too much interface to think about. I am happy to switch my family over to BlackBerry. I came from the LG Optimus G, not with the Z30.

Anyhow, we will be using our devices for the next 2-3 years. We own them outright and it feels good to be unshackled.

Posted via CB10
    tHe.iR1sH and hlg8888 like this.
    01-26-15 09:58 AM