You can still get proper visual voicemail on BlackBerry 10 with Rogers (as many have noted). You need the OPTSRA166 feature on your Rogers account that is necessary to make it work using the built-in mechanism, where the messages are delivered directly to the Visual Voicemail tab in the Hub (rather than the option where the voicemails just come as an MMS attachment).

Unfortunately, the brilliant system that most Rogers agents are familiar with has not been updated to present the OPSTRA166 feature when a BlackBerry 10 IMEI is linked to the line. You have to find a legacy BlackBerry device that was sold by Rogers and first have the agent "switch" your line to the IMEI of that device. (It won't actually have any impact on your service, unless you also move your SIM card over.) Once they've made that change, they'll be able to see the "Visual Voicemail Plus - BB" option. Once that has been added and saved, you can then have them switch your line back to the proper BlackBerry 10 IMEI if that matters to you (or if you need to use the IMEI to help others navigate the Rogers maze and also get vvm).

Godspeed. (Necessary good wishes whenever dealing with Rogers client care, in my experience.)
    Yes this the correct solution I'm afraid! I looked into this on my work database and yes it will work once the right soc code is entered or triggered.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 on official 10.2.1.537
    02-03-14 12:06 AM
    I am trying currently to get this sorted. I have Visual Voicemail Plus on my account now they are telling me that only does voicemail to mms. The Opstra166 feature is $10 more. is this correct?

This is the name of the add on MMS Value Pack w/US&Intl Text which was the Blackberry Value Pack.

They are telling me that because the add on is discontinued they need to delete it and add on the opstra instead. It switched over when it was discontinued to MMS voicemail. Help!
    Last edited by mr flash; 02-28-14 at 12:22 PM.
    02-28-14 11:52 AM
    I am trying currently to get this sorted. I have Visual Voicemail Plus on my account nut they are telling me that only does voicemail to mms. The Opstra166 feature is $10 more. is this correct?
    Not on my plan.

Posted via CBQ10
    02-28-14 11:54 AM
    I have confirmed that my pack does indeed include Visual Voicemail Plus as a line item. They keep going back to the Opstra166 having to be added for $10 though which would remove my add on pack. I have talked to 6 people already and haven't gotten anywhere! So my next question wold be trying to switch the IMEI to legacy, then back. Although I only have an unlocked legacy torch, will that work?
    02-28-14 12:30 PM
    3 hours in, a dozen reps.

Now they say it cant be done. They want to know if i want to go to Blackberry tech support or regular tech support. apparently they have 2 arms.
    02-28-14 01:45 PM
    I suggest hanging up, calling back and asking them to speak to customer retention. Express you frustration with the process and ask them if the only way to solve this is with another carrier. I am sure they will find someone who can do what you need.

Posted via CBQ10
    02-28-14 02:01 PM
    Rogers Wireless visual voicemail no more!-img_20140228_141124.jpg

Finally talking to someone who seems to understand what I am talking about. They said they'd call me back.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 02:20 PM
    No luck. It seems the IMEI I have does not work. Does anyone have an IMEI and model number I can use to try and get this sorted out?
    02-28-14 03:03 PM
    I am trying currently to get this sorted. I have Visual Voicemail Plus on my account now they are telling me that only does voicemail to mms. The Opstra166 feature is $10 more. is this correct?

This is the name of the add on MMS Value Pack w/US&Intl Text which was the Blackberry Value Pack.

They are telling me that because the add on is discontinued they need to delete it and add on the opstra instead. It switched over when it was discontinued to MMS voicemail. Help!
    Not quite so! Ok here's th thing. And there a few components that need to be on your account.
    First- You have to have a BlackBerry Imei listed on your account to populate vvm options.
    Second-Must have installed on account the specific vvm value pack version prior to Rogers discontinuing the Soc code for vvm on current value packs.
    Lastly- have 10.2 os installed on bb

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 on official 10.2.1.2102
    03-01-14 09:13 AM
    I have confirmed that my pack does indeed include Visual Voicemail Plus as a line item. They keep going back to the Opstra166 having to be added for $10 though which would remove my add on pack. I have talked to 6 people already and haven't gotten anywhere! So my next question wold be trying to switch the IMEI to legacy, then back. Although I only have an unlocked legacy torch, will that work?
    Yes as long it was not an unlocked purchased off another network provider!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 on official 10.2.1.2102
    03-01-14 09:15 AM
    I had vvm on my bb10 from Nov to today. It has been on my account since March last year but when I went to bb10 in may they said it's not supported yet. One day in Nov it did a mysterious restart on its own and vvm appear then today it just disappeared for no reason. Rogers is confused as to why this happened.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 07:38 PM
    I had vvm on my bb10 from Nov to today. It has been on my account since March last year but when I went to bb10 in may they said it's not supported yet. One day in Nov it did a mysterious restart on its own and vvm appear then today it just disappeared for no reason. Rogers is confused as to why this happened.

Posted via CB10
    I've had the VVM option disappear as well. It happened when Rogers changed my VVM+ options a certain way. Only way to get it back is to security wipe. (at least that was my experience)
    03-03-14 08:49 PM
    My VVM worked well for about 8 months after jumping through hoops as outlined above.
    This morning out of the blue I started getting an error message:

Rogers Wireless visual voicemail no more!-img_20140407_064325_edit.png

Anyone else getting same; who has already gotten to the bottom of it?

Posted via CBZ10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    04-07-14 05:46 AM
    Oddly, I have had it since day one when Rogers wireless launched the Q10. I have the old value pack for blackberry's on my account which is provisioned for visual voicemail. And although I have gone through all of the updates, I have never had any of the issues reported here or otherwise. My VVM works flawlessly. BUT I have noticed a general theme, that customers accounts have to have all of the provisioning codes appear according to the way that vvm is setup. If you have since switched out of your device or value pack and the new value pack/s have been added it does remove the provisioning for vvm to work properly and will defunct to receiving your voicemail as an audio file in your text messages.
    You need to have the old blackberry device imei listed on your account as active, have an older value pack with the correct provisioning for vvm, and not have any of the provisioning codes removed.

I"ve noticed some customers accounts may or may not be provisioned with the correct optsra code. But its worth a try.
    04-07-14 06:58 PM
    I am getting the same pop up message for the last week. I called into rogers and they said to wipe and restore my phone which didn't help. I did notice though if I wiped it but didn't restore it, all of my missed vvm's came in and it worked flawlessly. As soon as I load my contacts and settings back in it acts up. I hadn't done any new downloads, back ups, restores or account changes around the time it messed up so I haven't a clue what triggered it. If anyone has a solution aside from wiping and just manually reloading my settings, contacts from sim and account I would appreciate it. I also get the unable to download error.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 12:20 PM
    I am getting the same pop up message for the last week. I called into rogers and they said to wipe and restore my phone which didn't help. I did notice though if I wiped it but didn't restore it, all of my missed vvm's came in and it worked flawlessly. As soon as I load my contacts and settings back in it acts up. I hadn't done any new downloads, back ups, restores or account changes around the time it messed up so I haven't a clue what triggered it. If anyone has a solution aside from wiping and just manually reloading my settings, contacts from sim and account I would appreciate it. I also get the unable to download error.

Posted via CB10
    In my experience, the the backup has some corruption and you're simply restoring it back to the phone. When the VVM option was first available in the phone settings, it disappeared on me. I then backed up phone, wiped and restored. Option still missing. If I wiped phone and did not restore, the option would remain. Granted I never actually got it to work as I don't have the right settings on my account, at least I still have the option to try to set it up and watch it fail
    04-30-14 01:23 PM
    Z10 on Rogers, running the latest official OS.
    VVM worked fine until this morning, nothing was changed on the account. I called Rogers tech support with no luck, was told to reset the phone, as VVM is showing on my account and just needs to be reset. Nothing is working. I need my VVM.
    05-01-14 01:59 PM
    Z10 on Rogers, running the latest official OS.
    VVM worked fine until this morning, nothing was changed on the account. I called Rogers tech support with no luck, was told to reset the phone, as VVM is showing on my account and just needs to be reset. Nothing is working. I need my VVM.
    Weirdly!
    Since 2 days ago I've been getting a voice-mail link in text messaging whereas I do have vvm setup and provisioned correctly.

I just switched off vvm in settings restarted my phone. Then I turned vvm back on in settings and now is working fine again.

Posted via CB10
    yardmon likes this.
    05-01-14 03:33 PM
    They are doing something on their end. Mine also went haywire and disappeared and it took hours on the phone with "dependable, competent, well-trained" Rogers representatives.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-01-14 07:29 PM
    Weirdly!
    Since 2 days ago I've been getting a voice-mail link in text messaging whereas I do have vvm setup and provisioned correctly.

I just switched off vvm in settings restarted my phone. Then I turned vvm back on in settings and now is working fine again.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I was monkeying around with the settings. Did the same, disabled it, then re-enabled it, allowed it to sync with the Rogers settings, and it worked fine since.
    05-02-14 11:50 AM
    Thanks, I was monkeying around with the settings. Did the same, disabled it, then re-enabled it, allowed it to sync with the Rogers settings, and it worked fine since.
    I'm another OS10 user (Z30 phone) that has lost vvm functionality. I started getting the pop-up message 2 days ago saying the "VVM account is unavailable". I spent 2.5 hrs today with Rogers support people and have yet to get it enabled.

So seeing as you were able to re-activate it, can I ask you to get some more details on the specifics of what you did? You say "I just switched off vvm in settings and restarted my phone." But where in Settings are the VVM settings located?

Thanks for your trouble.
    05-03-14 05:22 PM
    I've done some fiddling now and I'm now at the point where VMails are showing up in the hub under Visual voicemail, and I can PLAY them back, but there's no text. Instead there's a message "This voicemail message can't be converted to text. Press play to listen to your mesage."

Moreover, I get a txt message notifying me of a vmail and it has an audio file (*.amr) embedded.

I'm wondering whether it's the device or the carrier that normally does the conversion to text. If it's the device, perhaps there's something in the settings that can take that AMR file and convert it?
    05-03-14 07:05 PM
    I have been getting this error message all day. I am still able to access the couple of VVM stored.. I have been using this Q10 for about 9 months now with VVM working perfectly. I am running the official 2.1 update from Rogers although previously I was running the leak. My VVM has continued to work perfectly.

My VVM worked well for about 8 months after jumping through hoops as outlined above.
    This morning out of the blue I started getting an error message:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140407_064325_edit.png 
Views:	539 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	261270

Anyone else getting same; who has already gotten to the bottom of it?

Posted via CBZ10
    05-03-14 10:47 PM
    I have been getting this error message all day. I am still able to access the couple of VVM stored.. I have been using this Q10 for about 9 months now with VVM working perfectly. I am running the official 2.1 update from Rogers although previously I was running the leak. My VVM has continued to work perfectly.
    I had the same experience - I was also able to access/play the VVMs that were on the phone. HOWEVER, as I discovered today, it would not receive new VVMs. I tested with several calls and discovered that no vmail notifications of any kind showed up on the phone.
    05-03-14 11:14 PM
    I've done some fiddling now and I'm now at the point where VMails are showing up in the hub under Visual voicemail, and I can PLAY them back, but there's no text. Instead there's a message "This voicemail message can't be converted to text. Press play to listen to your mesage."

Moreover, I get a txt message notifying me of a vmail and it has an audio file (*.amr) embedded.

I'm wondering whether it's the device or the carrier that normally does the conversion to text. If it's the device, perhaps there's something in the settings that can take that AMR file and convert it?
    That is one of the problems I encountered and spent hours with multiple techies to fix it.
    Solution: after reading OPSTRA166 although it appears to be provisioned properly on their end, for some reason the transcribe feature must be excluded and then included and then you need to power down your phone before it will work properly.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-03-14 11:45 PM
82 1234